Help required [The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.]

Hi,

I am accessing a web service, through internet, which is hosted on a distant server machine. It works fine while debugging the code (step by step) but crashes with "HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable" error when run with CTRL + F5. Any ideas as to how to resolve/diagnose the problem?

Thanks & Regards,
Omer Javed

0
OmerJaved

The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.
Hi all,   Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times Ne...

system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Error in Calling Web Service Function
Hello Friends, I am using a web service to get availability information. i have only following url http://webservices.micros.com/ows/5.1/Availability.wsdl I added Web References to the VS 2008 project , then i tried C# proxy class created from wsdl tool But when i am calling any function from code it gives following error system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Please check the following page http://go-dev.com/clients/newyorkerhotelTest/reservations.aspx And click the Check Availability Button. Please tell me what...

Web app calling Web service error The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
I have a web site calling a web service which are both located on the same server.  Integrated windows authentication is being used on both the app and service.    When I start the web app from VS's IDE (code on server), it runs fine displaying "Hello world" and populating the dropdownlist. However, if I browse to the URL in IE, I get the following errorSystem.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: UnauthorizedI output the credentials used in the web app, and they are correct.Why would it run fine through the IDE but not browsing to the u...

"The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request." when attempting to use a web service
Hi, I'm having a tough time deploying this web service I wrote.  Before I moved it over to the development server I tested the web service locally on my computer using a web portal to talk to the service...  However, now that I've copied it up to the Web Server, it keeps giving me these 400 errors and I can't figure out why.  Any ideas?    Kyle Which web server are you using, 6.0, 7.0....Do you have ASP.NET installed and correctly mapped. Do you have the security set up to allow Web Services. Have you checked your IIS log for any status sub codes.Chr...

web service The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Im getting this error with a web serice ive created.  Im running on my local machine and using windows authentication.  Ive added some code to provide credentials but it still wont work.QAS.AddressVerificationService avs = new QAS.AddressVerificationService();avs.PreAuthenticate = true;avs.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;can anyone shed some light on this ?tiaMark You need to set access rights for the webservice called. see here:http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47233http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.p...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
Hello All, I am getting the mentioned error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized, when i tried to call ReportingService2005 reference in my IIS web project. Below is my code: string strReport; string strRptUrl; string strFormat; string strFormatCode; ReportingService2005 rs = new ReportingService2005(); // Pass Windows Authentication credentials to Web Service rs.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; // Call ListChildren method to get array of reports CatalogItem[] itmReports = rs.ListChildren(strFolder, false); foreach (CatalogItem itm in itmReports)...

Preferred Domain Controller fails with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.
Hi I am currently setting up a lab with HMC 3.5 and I am having problem when using Provisioning front end to connect to ResourceManagerWebClient. I can connect to that website, first I am asked for user and pass, I connect as domain admin. Then when I enter the "Preferred Domain Controller": AD01.labdomain.sna The error that I get there is: Error in QueryResources:ShowBusinessMailstores: The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable. I did a nslookup of AD01.labdomain.sna and I get the right IP address C:\>nslookup AD01.labdomain.sna*** Can't find server name for a...

web service error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
I am doing the web service walk-through from here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/87h5xz7x(en-us,vs.80).aspx I get the error 'The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized'.  My app is using windows authentication, I made sure the web service folder has permissions for everyone to execute and that didn't work.  IIS has annonymous access checked. I'm not sure what else to do. Help? Another thing... I'm using the integrated web server that comes with Visual Studio... does using it change things? Hello. I've faced that error when I tried to use async pages (at...

Acess to a web service throws: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
I have a stable web service that I have accessed a bunch no problem.  I use a NetworkCredetial object with proper credentials to access the web service.  There is no problem with the credentials.  I have no idea why this response (The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.) is coming back. On the test server where the web servcie is set up without SSL the connections work just fine. On the production server, the web service has an attached SSL certificate.  I can consume the web service reference from the production server on my local machine and run it...

LINQ help required for web service that returns driving directions
Hi Guys,I am trying to use a web service at http://www.ecubicle.net/driving.asmx. The service returns driving directions between two address points. I want to use LINQ to parse the XML. Can someone tell me the best way to parse the xml results using LINQ. The web service returns a root node called drivingdirections under which are route nodes that have driving directions. drivingdirections root node also have two other child nodes called totalDistance and totalTime. So, how should i parse this in LINQ and get directions, totalDistance and totalTime? I have Dim myResult=From myRoute in...

HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable
We try to reach a web service on a remote web server, but sometimes it returns a 503 exception. Most of the time it just works fine... the exact error message is as follows: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable When I try to get the ?WSDL of the Web Service, everything behaves correctly. But now and then, the Web Service cannot be called correctly from an ASP.NET web site. Does anyone know what causes this strange problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Hugo The 503 status means that the server is unable to proce...

Web resources about - Help required [The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.] - asp.net.xml-web-services

Full Episode: Nightline 11/30/15: Donald Trump Has Closed Meeting With African-American Pastors
Meet a Former Porn Star, Turned-Fantasy Sports Radio Host; Adele Breaks Records with Historic Album Debut of '25'

Obama urges Turkey to reduce tensions with Russia, stresses support
Reuters Obama urges Turkey to reduce tensions with Russia, stresses support Reuters PARIS U.S. President Barack Obama urged his Turkish counterpart ...

Toys ‘R’ Us Iconic Times Square Store Closing, Shoppers Get One Last Black Friday
It seems the Ghost of Christmas Past is haunting Toys ‘R’ Us, as crowds of shoppers pack into its Times Square location for one last Black Friday ...

‘The Walking Dead’ Mid-Season Premiere Spoilers: ‘Many People Die’
The Walking Dead mid-season finale left some viewers wondering where the shocking moments were. Usually fans can expect some serious drama, crazy ...

Japanese-Style Star Wars Art Shown at Buddhist Temple
One of Kyoto’s most famous temples Kiyomizu-dera is a must see if you visit Japan. But if you’re in Japan this December, you can check out something ...

The 15 must-read Clinton emails
Politico The 15 must-read Clinton emails Politico Hillary Clinton said putting combat troops on the ground in Syria or Iraq is a “non-starter.” ...

The VTech data breach shows kids are just as vulnerable to hacking
Toy maker VTech on Friday admitted that 5 million of its customer accounts — including at least 200,000 accounts related to children — had been ...

Microsoft PowerApps turns any worker into a programmer
Learning how to code, usually to make apps, has become a topic of debate among the IT, education, government sectors, with some advocating teaching ...

Apple Music is coming to Sonos speakers
Sonos announced on November 30 that Apple Music will be available to test in beta mode on their wireless speaker systems from December 15. Subscribers ...

“Walking Dead” mid-season finale grumble thread: So many grumbles
I don’t know where to start. Was anyone actually scared by that stampede of zombies into Alexandria knowing that the core cast has survived dozens ...