From a database to a WCF Service to a form

I was wondering how I can get a simple fill statement to show up in a wcf service library function and thgen how do I connect it to a datagrid in a forms document help would be much appreciated since i need to do the same thing only with a WHERE clause for the last nmame that the main form provides.

0
Hawkx1

 call in operation contract like this

[OperationContract]

public DataSet getdata()

{

write some code

 return ds;

}

u add service refernce

in code behind u need to write like this

LocalHost proxy=new  LocalHost();

DataSet data= proxy.getdata();

GridView1.Datasource=data;

GridView1.DataBind();

0
anup1252000
4/30/2009 7:37:44 AM

Could you put that in VB code please?

0
Hawkx1
5/1/2009 6:26:56 AM

 <OperationContract> _
Public Function getdata() As DataSet

 Return ds

End Function

Private proxy As New LocalHost()

Private data As DataSet= proxy.getdata()

GridView1.Datasource=data

GridView1.DataBind

0
anup1252000
5/3/2009 5:27:18 AM

 i'm not sure how to translate my code to your code this what i Have so far

     <OperationContract()> _
    Function CustomerListAll() As CustomersDataSet1.CustomersDataTable

is in IService1.vb

     Public Function CustomerListAll() As CustomersDataSet1.CustomersDataTable Implements IService1.CustomerListAll
        Dim r1 As New CustomersDataSet1TableAdapters.CustomersTableAdapter

        Return r1.GetData
    End Function

Is in the Service1.vb

    Private Sub btnAll_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAll.Click
        Dim r1 As New CustomersServiceReference.Service1Client
        Dim wcfs As New WcfServiceLibrary1.Customer
        Dim wcfx As New WcfServiceLibrary1.CustomersDataSet1

        wcfx.Clear()
        wcfx.Merge(r1.CustomerListAll())
    End Sub

Is in the button that I am using

Any help in telling me where my data is wrong is appreciated

0
Hawkx1
5/3/2009 8:09:46 PM

 It's definitely a bad idea to send a DataSet type with OperationContract. Just think about the fact that with OperationContract you send data over the wire, so you should keep your data as simple as possible. A DataSet is something enormous to be sent :).

0
cromy
5/4/2009 3:39:35 PM

 I would love to do this another way however thge assignment specifically states that all the forms application will do is recieve that data all data manipulation is done in thge wcf the dataset and database is only suppose to be in the wcfserviicelibrary.  So, i still need to know how to manipulate my dataset in thge ;ibrary to be recieved in the form

0
Hawkx1

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

XML Web service , Web form
hi i hope if u could help me in what i am making so i have a web form that does the collection of the information from the user when he hits the button this data must be sent to the xml web service but this service must deliver this data in xml then i read the information and insert it to the sql serevr Database could you help me becouse iam soo confused about where to start and what is the stuff to search in it iam new in the xml stuff help me pleaseeeeee“To be incredible you must produce great work”Visit My Bloghttp://www.dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/hussein My first question is why are yo...

Manipulating Microsoft DNS service from web service or web form.
Hiya All,   I need to be able to update an "A record" on Microsoft DNS Service for a particular domain from a web form or web service - and have no idea where to begin. I can run the form/service on the same box running DNS service... I am looking to make a IP address updater that will update my "home" ip address if it changes (similar to what DYNDNS offers, except I have my own name servers, so that wont work for me lol). Any kick in the right direction is greatly appreciated!   Dave...

Calling a WCF service from a Web Service
I'm trying to call a WCF service from within a Web Service. But after I add a reference to WCF service in Web Service project,  it does not work. I get error following "The type or namespace name 'MyWCFService' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) " Adding same WCF service in a web site project works just fine.  Please advise.  thanks...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Form postback to WCF Web Service (New to WCF)
I had a simple asp page which received HTTP post variables and wrote them to a page using VB Script. I wanted to update this to a WCF Project but I am brand new to WCF. My first WCF project was to create a Web Service and create a simple method for multiplying two numbers together. That part was fairly easy. I was able to publish the service to an IIS server, add WebRefence to a new Web Form Project and execute the method returning the result to a variable on the page. What I want to do now is create a simple form pretty much identical to:http://blogs.southworks.net/erossetto/2007/09/03/ra...

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server?
Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server? Which is to say, of course, that the URL would be starting with https. Anyone? ...

Web resources about - From a database to a WCF Service to a form - asp.net.xml-web-services

A look ahead at the state of the database in 2016
... identity management, anti-phishing education, and so forth. Ultimately, hackers want access to the contents of an enterprise's database. Security ...

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

18 million targeted voter records exposed by database error
A second database containing voter records has been exposed due to a configuration error. While the first held records that some dismissed inconsequential ...

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...