Error trying to consume web services: Underlaying connection was closed. Unable to connect to the remote server

 Hi

I'm having an issue that is making me crazy. I have a small web application that have a dll library reference that is calling an external web service through port 11000. In my IIS localhost the web application works fine, and connect to the web service correctly.

However, when I upload the web application to the server and I try to run it, the webservice returns 'Underlaying connection was closed. Unable to connect to the remote server'. I did a Google search for this and I found this issue may be caused by some firewall or proxy block, so I opened the in-out 11000 TCP port at server router and trying to connect to the webservice server by telnet successfully, and also I can see the webservice xml description correctly in a browser, but when I try to run the web appliaction (the server application), the webservice still returns the same error.

Any idea about this issue?, the virtual directory is right configured, and also I'm calling some other webservices with no problem.

Thanks in advance

0
Borjaserrano

Please close this thread

web.config issues, problem solved

thanks

0
Borjaserrano

Web Service: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
When I access the web service when I'm on the LAN at work everything functions fine. When I try and access the service from outside the firewall, I get the error. I'm not using a proxy server, I can access the VS.NET generated interface page just fine from outside the firewall as well. On the web server the hosts the web service I have port 80 and 443 open. What else do I need to do w/ the firewall, client app or the service to get it to work? If you could tell me of additional ports, or anything I need to do it would be appreciated. Thanks...

Web Referenced WSDL always getting "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." error
I'm getting "Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." on reference.cs file.I looked up this error and there were fixes for it, if it was occuring intermittently (I applied it anyway without success).  However my error seems to be permanent.  FYI, web service is Java based and client is of course .NET based.  Does it sound like service provider issue?Thanks in advance Java Web Server shouldn't be a problem;There are many reason why this can happen:1.Check if your personal Fir...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Web Service error : Unable to connect to the remote server, becasue the target machine actively refused it.
 Hi,  I tried to update web references in my project however, I received such error that the web service cannot be connected to the remote server. I have configured my firewall to allow my port number, however this does not help.Any idea what has happened and how to do I prevent it from happen? Thanks Cheers,Germaine Hi,   You can check first are you able to connect to the machine using the port 80. You check that using telnet command.Following is the sample to execute on the command prompt of the client:C:\>Telnet RemoteMachineName 80If it connects without any ...

Web Server in DMZ trying to connect to Web Services inside network
My situation is this: I developed a Web Application and Web Service on my local machine.  Everything works great.  I can run the Web Application which calls the Web Service which then accesses our SQL Server (which is on another server). I then moved the Web Service to the Production Web Services Server (which is in the local domain inside the firewall) and had to adjust my Web Application code on my local machine so that it was able to find the production Web Service.  I did this by putting in my Web.config the key value pair of the Web Services location and changin...

Exception while calling .NET web service | System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Hi,   We have written a .NET web service which retrieves an xml file from the database. This web service is SSL secured and requires client certificates for connection.   Problem: The web service is throwing an exception while retrieving large files. It works fine when the file size is around 1 MB, but fails with a file size of around 65 MB with the following exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 38455668). ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: ...

Unable to connect to the remote server while using web service and ssl
 hi, I have one c# application through which i connect to web service. web service is SSL protected. when i connect it through secure wireless network it is working well. but when i try to connect web service using unsecured wireless network connection i get the error as Unable to connect to the remote server or The remote name could not be resolved: Could secure and unsecure wireless network affects on ssl protected web service? Please help me!!!!!!! vedikaBapat: I have one c# application through which i connect to web service. web service is SSL protected. when i conne...

Web service sporadic error : The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved
Hi, We have a web service which works fine most of the time but has been giving sporadic "The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved"  errors. The exception stack traces the source of the error to the following - Exception: System.Net.WebExceptionMessage: The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved.Source: System   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.Ge...

Web Service Error : The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
Hi i am getting an error when trying a simple web service. if i run both the web service and the client .aspx page on the same server it works fine, But when i put it on a different server it doesnt work at all and gives me this error"System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HttpUtils.HttpPost(String URI, String Parameters) in e:\Websites\C#\Live\CMS\Trunk\App_Code\siteFunctions\HttpUtils.cs:line 35"UserApi.asmx  [WebMethod] public string HelloName(string name) { ...

Error: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server
Dear all,I have a webservice project running on Computer A.I am calling a webmethod from this web service from an asp.net project on computer B, it is working correctly.But the problem is when i am trying to call the same webmethod from another asp.net project on the computer B, i am receiving this error:The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.it is not a security problem or configuration since the same webmethod is working on the first asp.net project Can anyone help, thanks.   Any help please....

web service being closed by remote server errors
I'm having problems with a webservice being forced closed by the server. Inner exception information (level 1): Exception type: System.Net.WebException Exception message: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server. Does anybody know a solution to a connection being forced closed?  It isn't consistent and happens suddenly.  Could there be a DNS or Proxy issue? If so, what is a work around?  Any help is appreciated... BW I've encountered this before, and it seemed to be limited to...

SQL Server Remote Connections with Web Service
Hello, I am getting this error with a web service trying to fill a strongly-typed dataset stored in another project that the web service has connection to.  I keep getting this error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)  I set it to allow TCP/IP only, TCP/IP and Named Pipes, and Named Pipes only remote ...

Web resources about - Error trying to consume web services: Underlaying connection was closed. Unable to connect to the remote server - asp.net.xml-web-services

Flickr: •DΛN MOUNTFORD•'s Photostream
Dan Mountford is a twenty one year old Multidisciplinary freelance designer & graphic design student living/studying in Brighton, England. ...

Twitter

Poverty reduction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Poverty is the state of human beings who are poor. That is, they have little or no material means of surviving—little or no food, shelter, clothes, ...

Latvian ZoomCharts receive a follow-on EUR 500,000 from Imprimatur
Many companies use the ‘interactive’ buzzword in describing their product, while struggling to explain what it means practically. With a growing ...

Compelling Behavior
I’ve been thinking a lot about what compels people to behave a certain way. In business. In personal relationships. In life. I’m certain there ...

Home Lexicon (A-H) Lexicon (I-P) Lexicon (Q-Z) Privacy Policy Use Paypal to support us! « Previous Post Next Post » Zombie lies By DougJ November ...

Grand Canyon Rock Layers
Kaibab Limestone - This layer averages about 250 million years old and forms the surface of the Kaibab and Coconino Plateaus. It is composed ...

Adobe Lightroom 4 Review
You probably already know that Adobe released Lightroom 4. I am a big fan of LR, using it since the first release. DPreview published a review ...

High performance public OpenStack cloud! - City Cloud
Native OpenStack brings critical aspects to your infrastructure strategy – such as not being locked in by any vendor or being able to use open ...