differences between server side asynchronous Web methods and client side asynchronous Web methods

Hi,

  can anyone expalin what are the differences between server side asynchronous Web methods  and client side asynchronous Web methods in ASP.Net 2.0 ?

  any best articles on serverside asynchronous Web methods  ?

  Thanks,

0
lourdhu79

hi,

check this url,

Server-Side Asynchronous Methods for ASP.NET,

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/asyncws.aspx

Calling the Server-Side method asynchronously from Client Script,

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dipenlama22/Callbacks07182006093320AM/Callbacks.aspx

0
gopalanmani

asynchronous call of web service method from another web service
I am calling a web service method from within another web service.  Both are called asyncrhonously. Webservice 1 is invokde from a consumer app and its completed event is assigned an event handler, this works ok  The webservice being called is itself invoking another webservice and asynchronously calling another web method, again Ive assigned an event handler to its completed event, which works.  My problem is how do i expose the ouput (a dataset) of the second web method to the first web method ? Hi, Please have a look at this article: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...

Is there "event-based" server side asynchronous web method pattern?
Hi,  asp.net 2.0  developing a webservice name as "parentws" which internally have to call three external web services. with the result of three webservices preparing request and making database call to get response.  have to gain the perfomance on the webservice "parentws". what are the best possible ways to gain perfomance in this particular situation.  ...

web web web

Asynchronous Web Service Methods
Hi; I want to Write a Asynchronous method. How do me that?   Thanks,mohsen Hi Mohsen,Please check this one. I think this will help youhttp://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/2/10030926/asynchronous-way-of-calli.aspx  Thanks,Mitesh.Please Mark this as an Answer if it resolves your problem. Hi Mohsen,Please check this one. I think this will help youhttp://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/2/10030926/asynchronous-way-of-calli.aspx  Thanks,Mitesh.Please Mark this as an Answer if it resolves your problem....

Calling a web service method asynchronously
Hi, What is the point of using Begin/End pattern in .NET 2.0? Are there any .Net 2.0 examples where Begin/End pattern is prefered to event-driven one? I will appreciate any example.  Thanx :-)Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Hi Nice2007, There is a lot of sample link: http://www.microsoft.com/uk/msdn/screencasts/screencast/144/Calling-Web-Services-Asynchronously.aspxhttp://www.developer.com/net/net/article.php/3408531http://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?culture=en-US&EventID=1032267727&CountryCode=US...

How to call the Web method using asynchronous method (delgate).
Hi Friends, Can any one help me out, in how to call the web method using delgate in asynchronous method. Already i have done this using synchronous method and asynchronous method using wait method,but can any one help me how to call the web method using delgate in asynchronous method.protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { try {if (!IsPostBack) { bind(); } }catch (Exception err) { Response.Write(err.ToString()); } }void bind() { try { employee.WebService emp = new employee.WebService(); //Calling the Web methods using asynchronous method (wait)IAsync...

How to call the web methods using asynchronous method (delgate)
Hi Friends, Can any one help me out, in how to call the web method using delgate in asynchronous method. Already i have done this using synchronous method and asynchronous method using wait method,but can any one help me how to call the web method using delgate in asynchronous method.protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { try {if (!IsPostBack) { bind(); } }catch (Exception err) { Response.Write(err.ToString()); } }void bind() { try { employee.WebService emp = new employee.WebService(); //Calling the Web methods using asynchronous method (wait)IAsync...

REST Web Service : How to call a web service method by REST way ?
Hi buddy,Can anyone tell me that how do i call a method through a web service by a REST way.I have one local application (with C#.NET, ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005) and I want to call a Web Service method which is created on a remote machine. I have to call that method from my web application by using a REST (Representational State Transfer) way. I have a WSDL file.Please provide me technical details to make this happen.I want exact code to achieve this.Please please its urgent....Thanks in advance.Thanks,Mitesh.Please Mark this as an Answer if it resolves your problem. Which Version of .n...

One WEB METHOD of WEB SERVICES Fails.
Hi All. Thanks for your time. I developed a web services with few methods. one of the web method is called as getpaycheckimg() is to create a pdf file in a C:\foldername, and display that file to the user. All the web methods including this method works great in the DEVELOPMENT machine. When the webservice is being published into the WEBSERVER (ie. in Inetpub/wwwroot/webservice/foldername.) all the web methods works fine except this one and i get an error in the client machine that the pdf file is not found. When i installed vs2008 in the webserver and tried to copy the source code of the we...

Xml file mapper using Web Service
Hi all, I am tasked with creating a web service that maps a number of files to a relational database.  I have a good idea of how I might do this but need to make sure that a list of files get mapped to the database or else they are all rolled back.  Here is the scenario of what should happen. 1. Call an initializing method with the list of files to process as a parameter 2. This method would return a unique identifier to the caller 3. Everytime the caller calls a mapping function also pass the identifier as a parameter 4. If a mapping function fails call a rollback function wit...

Client Application can not invoke web method of Web Service that was moved from 1.1 to 2.0
 Dear All,I have written asp.net 1.1 web service and deployed with Hosting Company A. it was working with Client Applications that invoked the various web methods to do the job.Then recently, i updated the WS to 2.0 version and deployed to Hosting Company B. now all of my application (install kit created in past), are failing to connect to WS. Would this require Refreshing Reference in Cosuming Client Apps. but i don't have open source code but install kits which will not allow it. by the way, my URL path to connect WS is same from Company A to Company B. Any advice. ...

confusion over asynchronous methods inside web service
Hi there, I have been looking into implementing Asynchronous programming model within my webservice and my asp.net web form. I have found a few good MSDN articles to achieve this but there is one thing I do not quite follow. My webservice code is as listed below. I add all the relevant code including a web reference to my HelloWorldWebService in my asp.net web form to utilise PageAsyncTask functionality. One thing I have noticed is that when I create an instance of the HelloWorldWebService web service, it does not display the BeginHelloWorldProcedure and EndHelloWorldProcedure methods and ...

Web resources about - differences between server side asynchronous Web methods and client side asynchronous Web methods - asp.net.xml-web-services

Asynchronous Transfer Mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and designed to unify telecommunication and computer networks . It was designed for a network that must handle both traditional high-throughput ...

Facebook adds asynchronous voice messages to Messenger app; begins testing VoIP in Canada
Facebook today released an update for its standalone Messenger app to allow users to record and send each other voice messages. The company also ...

Google Dart upgrade homes in on asynchronous programming
Google has released Dart 1.9, with a focus on asynchronous programming.

Decomposing Asynchronous Workers in Ruby
... pieces of our systems, we can potentially come away with new ways to compose the same functionality with multiple smaller pieces. Take asynchronous ...

AMD Dives Deep On Asynchronous Shading
... to reduce display chain latency, and finally features to reduce rendering latency. Key among the latter features set is support for asynchronous ...

Hero Academy brings smart, asynchronous strategy to Android
After a lengthy stay on iOS, Hero Academy is now available for Android. The turn-based strategy game uses a kind of card mechanic mixed with ...

Worms 2: Armageddon Finally Launches Asynchronous Multiplayer Mode
... crusades. The latest update to the sequel to the highly successful Worms finally adds what is understandably its most requested feature: asynchronous ...

Apple patents iPhone camera remote control with display, asynchronous notifications
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Tuesday granted Apple a patent for a wireless accessory that can control an iPhone's camera functions, ...

Watch Dogs Asynchronous Multiplayer Trailer Turns This Into A Must-Buy Game
For the first time since I've laid eyes on Watch Dogs the game has finally portrayed itself as a must-buy title. All before now we've seen glimpses ...

Really Simple Asynchronous Web Services
Web services are better suited for the message-oriented communication paradigm, rather than remote procedure calls, the author says.