Consuming .net xml web service in PHP

I have developed .net xml web service. I want a develope php client to access this web service. I dont have much knowledge about PHP.

The web service i wrote accepts two string parameters FirstName and LastName, and returns string like Welcome (FisrstName)__(LastName) to web service.
The sample php client code i am trying is as below:
<?php
require_once('nusoap.php');
$parameters = array ("FirstName"=>"Russel", "LastName"=>"Arnold");
// Create a new Soap object
$soapclient = new soapclient('http://testwebservice/Service1.asmx?wsdl','wsdl');
// Call the service
$result = $soapclient->call('GetRetStrValue',$parameters);
// Print the result.
print "$result";
?>
OutPut Of PHP client is :
Welcome R__R to web service.
I am not able to figure out what is going wrong.
If anyone has answere or sample code for this please do post on forum.
Any help on this will do.
Thanks in advance
vasudev
0
vasudev

Don't have much knowledge on this.

It seems what you are doing is correct to me.
But plesae see URL http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2003/07/03/php_amazon_soap.html
It might helps you and show's a new way!
Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0