Consume 1.1 web service with WSE from .NET 2.0

We have an existing web service that was written in VS 2003/.NET 1.1, that uses the Web Services Enhancements for authentication (Microsoft.System.Web.Service2).  I want to revamp the client that is connecting to it with a new ASP.NET 2.0 app, but I'm running into some problems.

The old client was written in 1.1, and also used those same WSE libraries.  According to that site, there is a new WSE 3 for VS2005 and 2.0, and the older WSE versions only work with VS2003.  Is this true?  How can I connect to a web service that was written in 1.1 using WSE then from .NET 2.0?  I'd rather not rewrite the web service in 2.0 if I don't have to. Any thoughts or ideas?  Thanks!

0
edmicman

I think it was meaning that the older wse libraries could not be used, but you have to use the newer versions with vs2005 to connect to 1.1.  The newer libraries should be backwards compatible with 1.1.  But then again, there is merit in upgrading the web service to 2.0 Big Smile.

 Try making a test program in 2.0 with the service as a reference, and implementing the wse 3 libraries.  That would be the easiest way of figuring out if it really works or not.  Best of luck!

0
StevenS
2/4/2007 11:03:59 PM

Thanks, I think I'm getting closer.  I figured out how to get it to connect, sort of....but I'm getting this error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException:
Server unavailable, please try later ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: WSE535:
The following SecurityToken QName is unsupported: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/sc:DerivedKeyToken.
Please check your configuration for registered SecurityToken qnames. at
Microsoft.Web.Services2.Security.Tokens.SecurityTokenManager.LoadXmlSecurityToken(XmlElement element) at
Microsoft.Web.Services2.Security.Tokens.SecurityTokenManager.GetTokenFromXml(XmlElement element) at
Microsoft.Web.Services2.Security.Security.LoadToken(XmlElement element, SecurityConfiguration configuration, Int32& tokenCount) at
Microsoft.Web.Services2.Security.Security.LoadXml(XmlElement element) at
Microsoft.Web.Services2.Security.SecurityInputFilter.ProcessMessage(SoapEnvelope envelope) at
 Microsoft.Web.Services2.Pipeline.ProcessInputMessage(SoapEnvelope envelope) at
Microsoft.Web.Services2.WebServicesExtension.BeforeDeserializeServer(SoapServerMessage message)
  I'm using ASP.NET 2.0 with the WSE 3 libraries to connect to 1.1 web service that was built with WSE 2.  I'm not sure what the qnames thing is, or why it says the server is unavailable, but that's the problem to solve today!
0
edmicman

Issue with clients consuming a web service that was upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5
I am currently working with an application that was converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008 and we are having issues with a client consuming the web service portion of the application.  The web services were written in .NET 1.1 using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and was upgraded to use the .NET 3.5 framework.  One of our clients application, which is still written in .NET 1.1 was reference the upgraded web service and tried to consume the web service and received the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Se...

Sharing cookie between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 web app
I have two servers A and B.  A hosts .NET 1.1 web apps, while B hosts .NET 2.0 web apps.  I have a common login page written in .NET 2.0 (thus it's on server B).  In order to share the cookie, I set the machine key attributes (validation and encryption) of all apps to the same keys, and set all .NET 2.0 web apps to use decryption="3DES".  But for some reasons, my .NET 1.1 still cannot read the cookie generated by the .NET 2.0 login page.  Anyone has similar problem before?  Am I missing anything? Thanks. WenWen I am afraid you can only share t...

Making a .NET 1.1 Web Project .NET 2.0 enabled
We were able to use such things as  below in the InstantASP forum source code.  I'm trying to do the same with Presstopia but it errors out when putting the below in their web.config. <machineKey validationKey="..." decryptionKey="..." validation="SHA1" decryption="3DES" />So what did InstantASP have to do to make their 1.1 code able to use machinekey then if it's not a .NET 2.0 application?  I want to do the same for Presstopia.   I figure there are general things you can do to allow a 1.1 app to make it able to ...

HELP Running a web-site with .NET 2.0 and NET 1.1
Hi evreybody,  I have a HUGE problem. I running a website that I have just created with ASP .NET 2.0 technology, well within my web site there is an web application that needs to run under V1.1. I'm using IIS 6.0 and I was wondering to see if anybody can help me run my new site, and run that web app at the same time. Basically is two sites within one web directory, the way you acces both sites is by the same link, just one is ROOT/default aspx (V2.0) and the other is Root/webapp/default.aspx (v1.1) can anybody help me... :( THANK you you will have to define them as two separate w...

Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site?
I've got a ASP.NET 1.1 web site to which I would like to add some ASP.NET 2.0 web pages. Could I just change the web site to point to the 2.0 .NET version and still have the .NET 1.1 web pages work so that both versions are in the same web site? Have you some of you approached this? Thanks. The official answer is maybe It's not officially supported, but most ASP.NET 1.1 pages will run fine under ASP.NET 2.0.  Officially you should run the upgrade wizard on your 1.1 pages. This is a  pretty good blog entry.      JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.c...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

.DLL compiled with .NET 1.1 to be used in Web app done in .NET 2.0
Hi all,If I have a bunch of business objects that where compiled in .NET version 1.1, would it be possible for my ASP.NET (done in .NET 2.0) application to pick up these objects (.dll file) and start to use them?(Would be great if some-one could provide some form of documentation on this)ThanksTryst Hi Tryst, This should work fine.  In general, you can use V1.1 assemblies with V2.0 applications.  The reverse, though, is not true. Hope this helps, Scott ok, cool.ThanksTryst Comparative study on VS .Net 2003 and VS.Net 2005 .Net Framework versions used are ver...

Client Application can not invoke web method of Web Service that was moved from 1.1 to 2.0
 Dear All,I have written asp.net 1.1 web service and deployed with Hosting Company A. it was working with Client Applications that invoked the various web methods to do the job.Then recently, i updated the WS to 2.0 version and deployed to Hosting Company B. now all of my application (install kit created in past), are failing to connect to WS. Would this require Refreshing Reference in Cosuming Client Apps. but i don't have open source code but install kits which will not allow it. by the way, my URL path to connect WS is same from Company A to Company B. Any advice. ...

Can WSE 3.0 Web Service be exposed to the web and can it be consumed by non .Net apps?
If I write a WSE 3.0 web service in .Net 2.0, can I expose it to the web like an IIS XML web service.?Also, can this web service be consumed by non .Net apps or .Net 1.1. apps?sun21170 Yes, simply enable your web service project for WSE 3, and this will alter web.config to support WSE 3 web services in IIS.The web service can be consumed by non .Net clients, however .Net 1.1 clients may struggle unless you add WSE support ans generate specific WSE proxies at the client end.  JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters...

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

web service working in 1.1 but not 2.0
I am consuming a web service in 2.0 but it doesnt work in 1.1 it works.  the code is below I get an error Illegal Characters in 2.0. <code>Imports System.IO Imports System.Net Imports System.Data Partial Class _Default     Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Public Sub New() 'Dim objDB As New UserInfo 'objDB.GetUserName(HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name)          Dim objEmp As New cdcgadg02.Lookup         Dim objDS As New DataSet         Try Dim xmlString As New System.IO.StringReader(objEmp.ByNTAccoun...

Bits of a .NET 1 web app crash on a server running both .NET 1 and 2
We have a a win2003 server with running mostly .NET 2 web applications but one .NET 1 project. We quickly realised after initial upload of the .NET 1 application that the two versions of .NET would have to run in separate application pools. So I set one up called DOTNET1, assigned my app to it and everything seemed to run swimmingly.  Then yesterday a client rang up to say that a single page of the site wasn't working, although the rest seemed fine when I checked. Then today they rang up again and said a different page wasn't working. Both times it showed me an page sugges...

Hi All Does anyone know where I can get the Sybase drivers for ADO.NET for both versions, 1.1 and 2.0/3.0? Cheers Chris Burrell Hi Chris, There is no release of ASE ADO.NET Provider 2.0 (I assume you refer to ASE provider, not ASA - if ASA please port to sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general). For the 1.1 Provider: It is available in the ASE SDK for windows or the PC Client CDRom included with ASE product. On the SDK its available as 12.5.1 and 15.0 On ASE PC Client I think 12.5.1 is part of ASE 12.5.X and 15.0 is part of ASE 15.X 2.0 provider should release sometime this summer - there is a beta program - look in the sybase.public.connectivity.adonet.beta newsgroup for details -Paul <Chris Burrell> wrote in message news:466ea680.5729.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi All > > Does anyone know where I can get the Sybase drivers for > ADO.NET for both versions, 1.1 and 2.0/3.0? > > Cheers > Chris Burrell ...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

web services calling services simultaneosly problem in .net 2.0
hi i m facing a problemwe are using desktop client and webservices in that client request the a webservice asyncthat remains on server until a specific condition is satisfiedand rest of the web services are called syncronsly these services run on localhost without any problembut if client and server machines are diffrent it hangs the applicationdont knw wht is the reasn and after some time operation has timed out exceptions comelet me tell u one more thingboth the services are using different sessionsthanx in advance for ur help   i have made sample application to test the scnerio...

Web service works from VS Development server but not on IIS
Hello, I have developed a simple web service that has one method which calls another web service outside of my network.The outside web service uses WSE 3.0 and I have installed x509 certificates locally. While running the web service from Visual Studio 2005 in the ASP.net Devlopment Server everything works fine.... however, as soon as I deploy it to another server in IIS, I can't make the call to the outside service. I get this  exception: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---&...

Web.Config Inheritance and Mixing .Net 1.1 and 2.0 Apps
The problem I have with the automatic inheritance of Web.Config settings.  I have an application in the root directory of my website, and I have just converted this to a .Net 2.0 application - and there are the .Net 2.0 specific directives in it's Web.Config file.  But, there are quite a few .Net 1.1 applications in several of the subdirectories - and when they start, they automatically read the root folder's Web.Config - which contains 2.0 specific stuff, and it objects. How can I stop this automatic inheritance behavior?  Can a <location path=".">...

Web resources about - Consume 1.1 web service with WSE from .NET 2.0 - asp.net.xml-web-services

Marginal propensity to consume - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. In economics , the marginal propensity to consume ...

STUDY: Facebook Users Aren’t Necessarily Looking For News, But They Find And Consume It
... users, 47 percent of that group “ever” gets news from the social network, leading Pew to call 30 percent of U.S. adults “Facebook news consumers.” ...

Consume fresh and clean content with Skimpage
Skimpage searches for a feed in a web page and extracts just the content. You can consume it easier, faster, more efficient, and always fresh. ...

Chemistry (physical science) : Which commonly-stocked laboratory alcohols can I safely consume without ...
Answer (1 of 4): I absolutely do not recommend drinking any solvents, alcohol based or otherwise, in a lab. Your common lab solvents, methanol ...

Consume for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Consume on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

They Live - Obey, Consume, This is your God - YouTube
Clip from They Live, a classic from 1988. John Carpenter's slow and deliberate immersion of the daunting and worrying fable of the corrupt, deceiving ...

Party's silence deafening as bear market consumes Chinese shareholdings
As market panic melted $1.5 trillion off the value of Chinese shares in two days, the flagship newspaper of the Communist Party had its attention ...

Canberrans consume tonnes of prawns in Christmas binge
The early bird catches the prawns, crayfish and oysters at your fishmongers for Christmas dinner.

Crazy new way to consume alcohol
NEWS.com.au Crazy new way to consume alcohol NEWS.com.au NOTHING says hiking like a nice refreshing shot of vodka. That's the bizarre argument ...

One dead as US wildfires consume homes
Firefighters are battling devastating wildfires in California that have reduced hundreds of homes to ruins.