COM problem - - Retrieving the COM class factory for component

Im using a 3rd party dll for CC processing. To use this dll, I had to install WSE 3.0. All is good locally, but it didnt work when I uploaded to the testing server. I asked by boss to install WSE 3.0 on the server so that I could use the dll. He installed it and I get the following error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {698BFD43-76AA-4D13-98FE-5BE9FF5E05B8} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

[COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {698BFD43-76AA-4D13-98FE-5BE9FF5E05B8} failed due to the following error: 80040154.]
CyberSource.WSSecurity.Signature..cctor() in S:\ccviews\eolano_laptop\icswsclients\security\dotnet2\Signature.cs:14

Any ideas? I havent been able to find anything to really help me out. Did he possibly forget to do something additional when  installing? I've never worked with COM before so im kinda lost.

www.hopeasp.net
0
CSharpSean

I'm pretty sure that cybswssecurity.dll is not registered properly.  Try running Regsvr32 cybswssecurity.dll

James
My Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters
0
jcw14
2/12/2007 5:18:38 PM

Yes. This is what their(cybersource) support guy is telling me also. I handed this off to our server admins' to register the .dll and its not registering.  It says the specified module cannot be found and I'm in the directory. I didnt think that dll's required registration to the server in .NET?

It works fine locally, but error-ing out on development server.

www.hopeasp.net
0
CSharpSean
2/14/2007 8:10:52 PM

hi

did u find any solution for it

because i am facing the same problem here with cybersource

0
Harshal
3/10/2007 10:42:36 AM

Here is some of the responses I got from their techincal support that helped me solve this. I didnt solve this personally b/c the IT guy was installing the client/dll's and not me, but I helped them through the proccess with the following:

The stack trace appears to reference problems with the CybsWSSecurity.dll. This dll may not have been registered on the server correctly. To register the dll, go to Start > Run and then type the following:

regsvr32 "<pathToDll>\CybsWSSecurity.dll"

The dll should be located in the client's lib folder within the client's installation directory.

 CybsWSSecurity.dll will need to be registered on the server for the client to work. The "specified module could not be found" error happens if the dll doesn't exist in the directory where regsvr32 is pointed. This may be because the dll name is misspelled (note that it is case-sensitive) or that the directory path itself is incorrect.

I think the problem was that it wasnt being registered from the right path. I can find out more info for you on Monday and ask exactly what he did if this doesnt work for you.

www.hopeasp.net
0
CSharpSean
3/10/2007 5:32:03 PM

hi i get solved the problem

i just uploaded the wssecurity.dll in the bin folder

and then registered it

thnx for reply

0
Harshal
3/12/2007 8:15:07 AM

HI Harshal,

I am getting the same problme. I have added to the bin folder but when I try to register i get the Module NOt found error. Can you help. Its urgent.

0
Somzy
6/25/2007 10:56:38 PM

 In case somebody still need help, here are two things which have to be done.

1. Install the WSE 3, download the msi from microsoft

2. Install the cybersource simple api, copy over from other box and reg32 will not work, you have to install it from the SDK downloaded from cybersource

after install the simapi-net2.0-5.0.2.msi then you can copy over the dlls if not done yet

0
chunyisong
10/6/2007 12:38:51 PM

Also, once the DLL has been registered, you will probably have to restart IIS to get it to work properly.

0
thomhoward
10/16/2007 8:55:46 PM

I've been having the same problem but was able to get it to run on a 32bit machine.

the problem here is that we're trying to make it work on a 64bit machine and I have been completely unsuccesful on that level

Any advise on a 64 bit install?

mrtomcatthefirst

COM/COM+ Components
We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an impact on you? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ Dave; By this you mean allowing PB to build a COM Server? Chris "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message news:gm2j24hk7o0pedrhc3kudlg2tqdgs8hjei@4ax.com... > We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard i...

COM/COM+ component
Hi Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and the way to use it ? cheer <Muriel> wrote in message news:417783cf.293.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi > > Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and > the way to use it ? > > cheer Check the ole-ocx-activex group. There are also several examples in the help documentation. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] ...

COM/COM+ Components
We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an impact on you? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ Yes certanily. We are using many many COM/COM+ components. "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:ch2j24tdfqbfua264mmrnu2d3isrm1clug@4ax.com... > We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in >...

COM class factory for component with CLSID
Hello,I am trying to create a word document with asp.net 2005. It runs fine on my local machine but when i uploaded it on server and then tryed to access that from internet i am getting the following error....Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005.Can someone please help me solve this.. Regards,Vinod Suri.  Error 80070005 means "Access Denied". That means that the caller hasno launch or access permissions for Winword.exe to be used as automation on the server.  Y...

I have a problem when install COM+ to Component Service
Hi all , I have a problem when i issue the command: regsvcs /fc MyCom.dll to install it to Component Service.The error is :"Unable open COM+ 1.0 catalog to configure component"I've installed successfully many times ago but i dont understand what happened this time.Please help me ,tnx lots Sounds like a permissions issue. Are you sure you're running the command with a user that has administrator privileges?Tomas Restrepo [MVP]tomasr@mvps.org Also double check that the user is in the Admin role of COM+ in COM+ Explorer...or is it CanAdmin...in the system application...something l...

Hi All, Need your help to resolve my problem, I have a dll for a ChangeMangement tool (I guess this was developed using VB), when I try to register this dll, I am getting "Dll loaded, but DllRegistry entry point was not found" I am sure this dll is not corrupted one, bcz same dll I am able to refere in my server (where corresponding Tool is installed). Any one can help how to register this dll ? or how to find the dependent dlls for this? I am trying use the classes in this COM object, but when I refere in .Net and when I run the appl, I am getting CLSI was not loaded. ...

Problems exposing COM through Web Service
Hi, I am having exposing old COM components through web services. I have a web service project (Project1), where I referenced my component and then tried instantiating an object in a function. The component detail is as follows (looking in the Object Browser window):- Public Function Questions(ByRef strSearch As String, Optional ByRef intlevel As Short) As Object Member of StudentInterface.QAInterface Now in my webservice project (Project1), this is what I coded after referencing the component. <WebMethod()> Public Function result(ByVal strsearch As String)...

Accessing COM+ Components from Web Services
Hi, I am trying to provide a web service layer on top of legacy VB 6.0 COM+ component. I will be calling my web service from ASP.NET pages (which are hosted on another web server) and web service will in turn invoke the COM+ component. The problem is that I am receiving "Access Denied" error while calling COM+ component from web service. COM+ component is a simple VB 6.0 component that runs under the identity of a domain account. This is what I did: (1) Installed VB 6.0 COM component in COM+ server application and set the Identity of the application (On Identity tab in ...

Asasp.net web service and xml problem
Hi all ,Im using ,net framework 2.0This is the web service I wrote by request of AS developer (Action script) but when he consume the service  he got the result like this .. <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">   <soap:Body>     <GetTransportDetailsResponse xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">       <GetTransportDetailsResult>&lt;TransportMethods&a...

saveas problem with web application/com component
Hi to all! I have a web application that use a pb com component. Saveas method fails when type of document is PDF. Ghostscript create a file in a TMP environment variable,why? I specify file name to "C:\filepdf\20070205.pdf".. Someone have any suggestions? thanks. ...

Problem: Calling COM+ inside a web service
I have created an application that is calling COM+ and the com+ is reading and writing to a file. It works fine. But when I converted the application to a web service, the web service hangs. When I debug the web service, it hangs on the line "calling the com+ function". I have checked whether the com+ object is created successfully. It is also ok. The only problem is when I passed the parameter to a com+ functions then the web service hang? Any body knows the solution? Sounds like a permissions issue. Is COM+ running as a library or a server style application? If it's run...

COM .NET Interop
Hi, I need help here.. I have this problem.I have COM VB6 that call a .NET class library, and this class library use the .NET SAP Conector to extract the information from SAP. I receive the information from SAP in a DataTable, the problem here is that I dont how to return this DataTable to VB6 COM. I made a test, and I can return a String to COM and basic types, but I dont know how to do it with this DataTable.Thanks for your helpI really appreciate. One alternative might be to add the DataTable to a DataSet and then convert the DataSet to an XML string using WriteXml(). That said, quic...

.NET to COM question ( Dictionary in COM and .NET dictionary)
 I need to write a data access code to replace the method of GetPerson() in COM data access, since the existing method is too slow. .NET can reduce the database round trips by using the dataset. The existing COM data access will stay except the GetPerson() method. So I am going to call the .NET getPerson() mehtod from the COM,  The original GetPerson() method in COM just go to data base, pull data from 7 tables and write to dictionary.  If the .NET getPerson() can populate the COM Dictionary, that would be great! I know .NET object can be directly assign t...

PB COM components in COM+
Is there any way to successfully utilize COM+ transaction management via a COM component built in PB7 ? No. Following Microsoft info, and my own tests, COM+ are actually supported only by VB and Ms C++. In PB, GetContextService call always return -1. "Robert Ranck" <reranck@cmds.com> wrote in message news:XR#daMQRAHA.162@forums.sybase.com... > Is there any way to successfully utilize COM+ transaction management via a > COM component built in PB7 ? > > > ...

Problem rebuild Class Library which registers as COM Component
 hi;I am working on a large application which is currently in ASP. Slowly we are moving it to ASP.NET and due to its scale we can not do everything at once. The problem i have got is i have written some application level functions which would be common in ASP and ASP.NET for that application and put them in class library say (ITSClasses). I checked the tick box of Register for COM Interop so that we can use the same function in ASP as well. All works good and when i access the Classes and methods using ASP , i am getting the desired result. Now i had to modify the Class librar...

Web resources about - COM problem - - Retrieving the COM class factory for component - asp.net.xml-web-services

Mother of three killed landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving her son's shirt
A mother of three has been found guilty of killing her landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving a red polo shirt her son needed for school ...

Retrieving bodies a 'horrifying' experience (01:43)
Anti-jump measures on the Story Bridge should be "fast tracked" and water police funding increased so CityCats don't have to pick up bodies. ...

Man drowns retrieving toy boat
A man has drowned after entering the Wimmera River at Horsham to retrieve a remote-controlled boat.

Bishop says there is no time limit on retrieving MH17 remains
THE Australian Federal Police have warned that it is too dangerous to approach the MH17 crash site in war-torn eastern Ukraine until security ...

Search underway for man swept away in Brisbane River while retrieving toy boat
A search is underway for a man swept away in the Brisbane River while retrieving a toy boat.

DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains
DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains People's Daily Online PYONGYANG, Oct. 13 The Democratic People's Republic ...

Father killed retrieving Christmas gifts from broken-down car
Richard Perrin, 57, was struck and killed by another driver early Saturday along Hwy 170 in Roanoke.

Yankee retrieving a big Canada
Yankee retrieving a big Canada

iPhone dev: Retrieving user phone numbers
... a secret to recovering user phone numbers that does not involve the … One of the most common questions I get these days has to do with retrieving ...

Girl stuck in Dover storm drain retrieving phone
A teenage girl gets stuck in a storm drain in Dover while trying to retrieve her mobile phone which had fallen into it.