Client .NET Web Service Java

 Hi, I am reading some docs about Web Services and I have some questions,

 1) If I have a Web service wrote in Java, Can I use it from a asp or a Windows form??

2) If It's not possible, and the webservice only have to recive 2 parameters (for instance add(int a, int b)) can I write myself the SOAP message and pass it to the Java WebService??

I'm not sure about all of this, because to make a client for a webservice you only have to know what parameters are needed.

Thanx for your help!

javito

Web Services are meant to be interoperable. You should have no problem accessing your Java web service from a .NET application, assuming it's written properly, and follows the WS-I Basic interoperability standards.

Simply add a Service Reference or Web Reference to your project (Web References can be found on the Advanced page of the Service Reference dialog in VS2008). This will create a set of proxy classes you can use to access the service. For instance, if the service you mention is named "CalculatorService", and if you named the web reference "CalculatorServiceProxy", then you could write the following:

using (var svc = new CalculatorServiceProxy.CalculatorService())
{
    var result = svc.Add(1, 2);
}

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

How to call .net web service from Java web application?
Hi all,  I have a vb .net web service.How do i call .net web service from Java web application?What all resources I need?Can you please provide a sample application where a java application is invoking methods of .net web service? Thank you Hi, First I am not familiar with java language, but web services are universal operating system and language independent. It doesn't matter where the services is or in what language is written you just invoke it  and it gives you "replay".  Probably you must reffer to java consuming web services.   Regard...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

.NET vs Java XML Web Services
Does anyone know out of .NET and Java, which one performs better via XML web services? I think that it would really just depend on where you are wanting to deploy your web service. Since both have the overhead of a framwork behind them I would imagine that any performace gains would be small. If you are deploying in a Windows environment I would go with .NET, but mainly because I just like it better. If you want to deploy in Windows and Linux I would use Java. I am not sure how far Mono has come on the Linux platform and if you do not use C# mono would not help you anyway.It's not a bug, i...

problem in using java web services from .net client
I am trying to make a .net client for a java web service made using JAX-WS 2.0 . Actually the web service maintains session of the client. Well i did create a client from java and it worked. But i am having problem in consuming the web service from .net client. According to the specification of that web service i have to set the SESSION_MAINTAIN_PROPERTY of the BindingProvider true to indicate whether or not the client wants to participate in session with service endpoint. It is done in java client in following way:Hello proxy = new HelloService()...

How To: Call a Java EE Web Service from a .Net Client
Hi, I have to call a Java Web Service from a .Net Client .I'm using VS2008 (.net 3.5) Did you face the same situation ? The web service offers some methods. Each method returns a xml file and a xml attachment. I found this article.http://blogs.msdn.com/bursteg/archive/2008/07/19/how-to-call-a-java-ee-web-service-from-a-net-client.aspx . Do you think that this is a good resource ?  I watched something about WCF. Have I to use WCF ? How can I manage xml attachment ? thank you for your attention .     It's a good resource and there are also other way...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

Issue with clients consuming a web service that was upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5
I am currently working with an application that was converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008 and we are having issues with a client consuming the web service portion of the application.  The web services were written in .NET 1.1 using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and was upgraded to use the .NET 3.5 framework.  One of our clients application, which is still written in .NET 1.1 was reference the upgraded web service and tried to consume the web service and received the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Se...

Web resources about - Client .NET Web Service Java - asp.net.xml-web-services

Public Broadcasting Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... such as PBS NewsHour , Masterpiece , and Frontline . Since the mid-2000s, Roper polls commissioned by PBS have consistently placed the service ...

APS Commissioner John Lloyd hits back at Andrew Podger claim that public service is 'cowering and weak' ...
APS commissioner John Lloyd hits back at claim that the public service has become 'weak' and 'lacking self-confidence'.

The Beatles music reportedly coming to one streaming service on Christmas Eve
When Apple Music launched back in June, it was noted that the music subscription service didn’t offer up the entire iTunes catalog with a few ...

Growth in Service PMI Shrinks Sharply
On Friday, the PMI Flash Services reading registered growth that fell sharply, not only well below the Econoday Consensus estimate of 56.1, but ...

This anecdote about the Washington Post shows Jeff Bezos' scary obsession with customer service
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is notorious for always putting the customers first. It's why he makes himself easily accessible by making his email address, ...

NYPD detective among 6 U.S. service members killed in Afghanistan
Detective Joseph Lemm was one of six U.S. service members killed in a suicide attack on a patrol near Bagram Air Base, the NYPD says

2015’s top e-learning and web services offers at Cult of Mac Deals
‘Tis the season to take advantage of soon-to-end deals, and boy have we got some good ones. These are the top five deals of the year on comprehensive ...

The Beatles may hit streaming music services by Christmas
The Beatles haven't exactly been in a rush to embrace the online music world there's iTunes, Rock Band and that's about it. However, they might ...

IBM to Couple AT&T's Managed App, Hosting Services With Its Cloud
IBM takes on AT&T managed application and hosting services; Google leans on Microsoft for its Angular 2 launch; Microsoft offers a mea culpa ...

OracleVoice: Don't Make These 5 Mistakes When Buying Cloud Services
When you buy cloud services, heed these five best practices in order to avoid pitfalls.