Changing URL in web.config for web service - does not make it use the new web service

I added a web reference to asmx file.

In web.config - it adds -

undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx

I then change it to

<add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/>

But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change?

0
purell

I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.

Girijesh
http://www.girijesh.in/
0
Girijesh
4/28/2007 6:11:55 AM

I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.

Girijesh
http://www.girijesh.in/
0
Girijesh
4/28/2007 6:13:31 AM
So no way to do this?
0
purell
4/28/2007 6:28:37 AM
Check your code once again and build your project again, after that run it again.  May be it works.
Girijesh
http://www.girijesh.in/
0
Girijesh

change a web reference to a web service in the config file of an object used by a windows service
In my solution (visual studios 2005), I have a windows service and a business object.  The business object has a web reference to a web service.  I maid the web reference dynamic and it created an applicationSettings section in the appconfig:<configuration>           <applicationSettings>        <Objects.Properties.Settings>            <setting name="Objects_LookupService_auth"        &nbs...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Is web services a part of web Service?

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

New to web services...need help consuming web service
Hi guys. I am trying to use the NBA standing web service(developed by 4guysfromrolla) on my website and I cant seem to get it to work correctly. Its listed below. http://nbaweblog.com/nba/standings.asmx Tutorial is on the below page--http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/111203-1.aspx I made a web reference in my asp.net web project but when I go to create the object it gives me the Type "NBA.standings " not defined. I am copying the code exactly from the page. I put the imports system.web.services at the top of the page. This is my code from the page load event Dim proxy As N...

Web Services and Web.config
Can the functions within my asmx file access the values in my web.config file. I'm trying to access a value using the following code: ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("MyValue") The error that i'm receiving is saying that ConfigurationSettings is not declared. how can i reference the web.config values? Do you imported System.Configuration namespace! Inorder to use ConfigurationSettings you have to import that name space! Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thanks for the reply. I didn't have system.Configuration imp...

web web web

Web resources about - Changing URL in web.config for web service - does not make it use the new web service - asp.net.xml-web-services

The Changing Light at Sandover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Changing Light at Sandover" is a 560-page epic poem by James Merrill (1926–1995). Sometimes described as a postmodern apocalyptic epic, ...

Is Facebook Changing How We Travel?
When one of your Facebook friends posts a photo album of their trip to Maui, they’re not just showing off — they might also be acting as a travel ...

Missed this week's Changing Track?... - 774 ABC Melbourne - Facebook
Missed this week's Changing Track? We've got you covered. Like to submit your own? Email it to 774drive@abc.net.au

Facebook changing PMD program to Facebook Marketing Partners
Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer program may be getting a new look. Earlier today, Facebook announced on the Facebook for Business page ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing Presentation
... draft great presentations and to become a more effective and convincing presenter. Twelve minutes which can 12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...