I've got a problem with a project. I've got to compile an entire .net page and return it as part of a Web Service for display. The problem I have is that I need to add WebControls and functionality to the page so that not only the html content and images are displayed (which I've managed) but that textboxes, labels, buttons and datasets can be displayed also. Essentially I need to make a call from one site for a page, populate the page and return it in a state as though it resided on the same server/webspace as the calling page. Code is currently built as follows into a string:

strOpenHTML &= "<table width=""98%"" height=""98%"" border=""0"" align=""center"" cellpadding=""0"" cellspacing=""0"">"
strOpenHTML &= " <tr>"
strOpenHTML &= " <td align=""center"" valign=""middle"">"
strOpenHTML &= " <table width=""740"" height=""400"" border=""0"" cellpadding=""0"" cellspacing=""0"" bgcolor=""#CCFFFF"" style=""border:1px #000000 solid;"">"
strOpenHTML &= " <tr>"
etc.
I've tried to declare an html form tag and adding it as a control:
Dim frmForm As HTMLForm
frmForm.ID = "myForm"
Controls.Add(frmForm)
but I'm not having any joy. At the moment it works with static content or with variables entered in and the data is returned as a string and then displayed by inheriting Page with CreateChildNodes subroutine. But I can't get the class/function to return and display buttons and text boxes that work. I'm told it is possible to do as the service is just calling a class but I dont see how? Any ideas?
Cheers in advance
Lloyd

-1
lloydphillips

How can I open a .Net web applicaiton from a web service page and return values
 Hi allhere is what I need from an Oracle jdeveloper form, click on a button, open a web application in .Net, let the user choose several options and calculate a Total Amount, return the total amount to the jdeveloper application,could it be done with a web service?the Oracle jdeveloper form calls a web service that opens my .Net  web applicationmy web application returns a Total Amount value, my web service returns the Total Amountthe jdeveloper form gets the Total Amountthanksjsn     jsn1:  Hi all here is what I need  from an Oracle jdeve...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Can WSE 3.0 Web Service be exposed to the web and can it be consumed by non .Net apps?
If I write a WSE 3.0 web service in .Net 2.0, can I expose it to the web like an IIS XML web service.?Also, can this web service be consumed by non .Net apps or .Net 1.1. apps?sun21170 Yes, simply enable your web service project for WSE 3, and this will alter web.config to support WSE 3 web services in IIS.The web service can be consumed by non .Net clients, however .Net 1.1 clients may struggle unless you add WSE support ans generate specific WSE proxies at the client end.  JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters...

.NET Web Service and Non .NET programe
When we develop a web service by VB.NET. Then i use visual basic, Microsoft access, asp. Can these stuff access to my web service ? Means you want to access Webserver developed in VB.NET in ASP application?Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

creatig and returning xml in .net web service
I am new to the .net web service world. Recently I started writing a web service. This web service is going to interact with Java client. Hence I will be returning XML from web service. I am writing web service using vb.net in VS2008. My web service is goign to call a stored procedure. Stored procedure is supposed to retun me some records. Based on these records I have to create XML and return it as web service response. Till now I was able to write web service and stored proc. I am not sure how to build a response xml. Does anybody have any link or any idea on how to do this. I trie...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

.NET Web Service Proxy (EasySoap vs .NET)
Greetings all, I was provided with a URL for a web service that is password protected. I saved the WSDL file from the browser and am attempting to create a .NET Web Service Proxy to use it. When I select EasySoap for the 'Web Service Selection', I see one service ('Services') and five 'Structures' (which is the number of 'methods' that I am expecting to see). But when I select .NET, I still see one service (named differently) and only one structure. Four of the structures are missing. Is there something else I need to do to view the four ...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

How to call .net web service from Java web application?
Hi all,  I have a vb .net web service.How do i call .net web service from Java web application?What all resources I need?Can you please provide a sample application where a java application is invoking methods of .net web service? Thank you Hi, First I am not familiar with java language, but web services are universal operating system and language independent. It doesn't matter where the services is or in what language is written you just invoke it  and it gives you "replay".  Probably you must reffer to java consuming web services.   Regard...

How to get a .net web service to return JSON not XML
I have a web service written in .net 1.1 using vb.net that I need to return JSON. How to I get it to return only the values contained in the xml below - without the XML?  Thanks in advance. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <string xmlns="http://tempuri.org/WebService/ws">{"result":[{"track":{"vid":"6303","kid":"30","dt":"2/13/2006 6:32:46 AM"}}]}</string>     check this page and you must be very happy! http://www.kawa.net/works/js/jkl/parsexml-e.html Let me ask you a question: how to append/combine two JSON objects (assuming their str...

Web resources about - Can you return .net web controls in a .net page from a web service? - asp.net.xml-web-services

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

Alaska Marijuana Control Board makes major residency requirement changes at last minute - Alaska Dispatch ...
Assistant Attorney General Harriet Milks called the shift in Alaska marijuana business residency requirements a “sea change” that could “upend ...

69 percent of users would bypass security controls to win a big deal
When faced with the chance of clinching a major deal people are willing to throw security controls out of the window. This is according to research ...

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks On Syrian Refugees; France Demands Tighter Controls, EU ...
... does not call for ending the refugee program or require religious screenings, as some Republicans have demanded . France Demands Tighter Controls, ...

Lawyer: Jamar Clark had control of police officer's gun
Lawyer for a Minneapolis police officer involved in fatal shooting of Jamar Clark said Clark had control of a cop's gun during a scuffle in which ...

We Face Terrorist Threats – Don’t Even Think About Enacting Gun Control Laws
Because, "terrorists have once again proven that only good people obey bad laws, and they do so to their own detriment."

USB Volume Control
... computer speakers, they often have a volume knob you can mount somewhere on your desk so you aren’t dependent on the onboard volume control. ...