Can you call a web service from a web service?

I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.  The idea is that the GUI developers would need to only add the web reference to the internal service and then call my methods and pass the parameters that I open up to them.  They wouldn't need to care where the internal web service was getting its data from.

I created the internal service with a reference to the external service and it compiled fine.  When I tried to run my web service, I got a nasty error "Cannot serialize member System.ComponentModel.Component.Site of type System.ComponentModel.ISite because it is an interface".  From what I understand this is caused by the web service proxy class implementing an Interface somewhere in the code.  The proxy class is MASSIVE and is generated from a WSDL that I get from the vendor...so I don't want to muck around with it lest I screw it up royally.

Any advice?  Is this even possible?

J.

0
j_ames2006

This is possible 100%. From the problem it looks that you are returing some types ( interfaces ) which can not be serialize. Provide a serializable attribute to those class adn interfaces. It should work

Satya
------------------------------
this helped you Yes
0
satya_tanwar

How i create web services & call web services?
Give me the solution of how i create webservices & call it and what is purpose of web services ?? PlsGuree  >how i create webservicesVery much the same as creating a new web site site - it is just a different project type. > & call it andAdd a web reference to an existing project to consume the web service.>what is purpose of web services ??To send and receive data.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. &...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Is web services a part of web Service?

DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031
Hi, I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox. Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031 Any pointers would be appreciated.  Do...

Calling an asynch web service within an asynch web service.
I have read two different articles regarding optimizing thread pool utilization by calling asynchrounous web methods and then calling an asynchronous method within them. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service10012002.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/Threading/default.aspx The first article has an asynch web service method asynchronously calling another web service method. The second article has an asynch web service method spawning a new .NET thread and asynchronously calling it. I would like to use...

asynchronous call of web service method from another web service
I am calling a web service method from within another web service.  Both are called asyncrhonously. Webservice 1 is invokde from a consumer app and its completed event is assigned an event handler, this works ok  The webservice being called is itself invoking another webservice and asynchronously calling another web method, again Ive assigned an event handler to its completed event, which works.  My problem is how do i expose the ouput (a dataset) of the second web method to the first web method ? Hi, Please have a look at this article: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...

Problem calling Web Service using the DynamicPopulate Extender
Hi, I'm quite new to ASP.Net AJAX so please forgive my ignorance.  I have downloaded and installed the RC1 version and am following through some of the tutorial videos.  I am having a problem with the Dynamic Populate Extender example.  I have created some asp controls with onclick events calling a javascript function.  From there I am attempting to use a dynamic populate extender control to call a web service - it's a function declared on that ASPX page as the tutorial explains in necessary and decorated with the System.Web.Services.WebMEthod AND System.Web.Script.Serv...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Web resources about - Can you call a web service from a web service? - asp.net.xml-web-services

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

Adele reportedly will keep her new '25' album off streaming music services
"25", the long-awaited album from pop singer Adele, will reportedly not be available to play on streaming music services like Spotify, Apple ...

Adele’s ’25’ won’t be on Apple Music or any other streaming service, for now
Weve got some bad news if youre expecting to hear Adeles new album 25 on Apple Music or any other streaming service like Spotify. According ...

LG joins Apple, Google, and Samsung, launches own mobile payment service
... Kookmin Card, which are probably two unfamiliar names if you live outside of that country. It's not surprising that LG will roll out the service ...

LG announces its own mobile payments service
Korean tech giant LG has announced it will soon be launching its own mobile payment service. The service, which will be a direct competitor to ...

Dunkin’ Donuts pilots new mobile services
Dunkin’ Donuts launched pilots of two new mobile services Wednesday. The pilots were announced in the company's October third quarter earnings ...

Did Amy Schumer throw a ‘massive fit’ at a gym or just get mad at bad service?
Radar Online is running a story claiming that Amy Schumer pulled the “don’t you know who I am” card at an Equinox gym in New York City. The way ...

Sinopec And Tencent Collaborate To Offer Online Payment Services In China
China Business News Sinopec And Tencent Collaborate To Offer Online Payment Services In China China Business News China's biggest oil and ...

Message service blocks 78 ISIS-related encrypted channels
Encrypted messaging app maker Telegram blocked 78 ISIS-related propaganda channels in reaction to abuse reports sent by users, Telegram tweeted ...

UK Provider Gigaclear Launches 5 Gbps Service -
... the UK to offer five gigabit speeds. The press announcement notes your entry into the bleeding edge club won't be cheap. The ultra-fast service ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 1:57:46 PM