Can WSE 3.0 Web Service be exposed to the web and can it be consumed by non .Net apps?

If I write a WSE 3.0 web service in .Net 2.0, can I expose it to the web like an IIS XML web service.?

Also, can this web service be consumed by non .Net apps or .Net 1.1. apps?

sun21170
0
sun21170

Yes, simply enable your web service project for WSE 3, and this will alter web.config to support WSE 3 web services in IIS.

The web service can be consumed by non .Net clients, however .Net 1.1 clients may struggle unless you add WSE support ans generate specific WSE proxies at the client end.

James
My Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters
0
jcw14

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

Can a WSE 3.0 client talk to a WSE 2.0 server web service
Please if anyone knows the answer please advise.  I have built an new client application using .net 2.0 and WSE 3.0.  The service I am trying to make the request to is from another company that already has their service built with WSE 2.0 security.  All their system requires is a simple encryption and message sign with a usernameToken.  The code I was using in my previous WSE 2.0 client was: Dim token As New UsernameToken("name", "password", PasswordOption.SendNone) Service.RequestSoapContext.Security.Tokens.Add(tok...

Can i consume a web service in AJAX that is using WSE 3.0 usernameOverTransportSecurity
Hello. I have an existing non AJAX web site that consumes a web service set up under ASP.NET 2.0, .Net Framework 2.0, SOAP 1.2, WSE 3.0.  I call the proxyservice using VS2005 Pro, SP1, VB code like this: Dim proxy As New TripExportService.TripExportServiceWseproxy.Url = https://www.xatanet.net/XataNetWebService/TripExportService.asmxDim user As New UsernameToken(companyString & "\" & userNameString, passwordString, PasswordOption.SendHashed)proxy.SetClientCredential(Of UsernameToken)(user)proxy.SetPolicy("UserNamePolicy")Dim node As XmlNode = proxy.Retrieve...

Consuming Web service from .net 3.5 web application using ajax
Hi , Before in .net 2005 ,I use to consume the  web service from client side via Ajax and java script. that's just adding web service inside the script manger services.But  it was not possible with .net 2008 version WEB APPLICATION   , Even it works well with .net 2008 web sites. Please help me to solve the issue. I have no idea what you mean. Please post the code that "does not work". NC...   I have the same problem.  I have a .NET 3.5 Web Application not Web Site.  I fully qualify the web service with the namespace i,e,  &n...

How can I open a .Net web applicaiton from a web service page and return values
 Hi allhere is what I need from an Oracle jdeveloper form, click on a button, open a web application in .Net, let the user choose several options and calculate a Total Amount, return the total amount to the jdeveloper application,could it be done with a web service?the Oracle jdeveloper form calls a web service that opens my .Net  web applicationmy web application returns a Total Amount value, my web service returns the Total Amountthe jdeveloper form gets the Total Amountthanksjsn     jsn1:  Hi all here is what I need  from an Oracle jdeve...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

.NET Web Service and WSE 3.0
I built a web service in .NET 2.0 and have implement WSE 3.0 with it for security.The problem I am having is that I cannot authenticate to it as I cannot reference the SetPolicy and SetClientCredential methods for my webservice. If I don't call these, my application throws an exception as it seems to be expecting the authentication to be set.I don't understand why I can't call the SetPolicy and SetClientCredential methods from my webservice. I've followed many examples.Below is a the declaration for my webservice...    <System.Web.Services.WebService(Namespace:=&...

It's all very fuzzy now...can make web request(?) but definately can't get web response from web service
Alas...trying to get a web service response from a web service that is part of the web site in Visual Studio.Net 3.5 appears to be impossible.  Infact, I've been ALL over the internet over the past couple of days looking at all types of fragmentory examples in all types of Microsoft languages to no avail. =========QUESTION:=========1.  How do I call a web service (the function to call is "WebService_BulkData") so that my aspx page will send it a SOAP request and print out the web service response data to the page?  The aspx page AND the web service are part of t...

What do non-.net users need to do to consume a .net web service?
Hello, I'm very new to web service world and haven't had much chance to do much reading on theory and architecture yet. So I'm asked to create one for someone external to my organization (still inside my company). I make one, test it, deploy it, consume it. Go me. It was very easy within my comfortable .net shop. However, the intended consumer is not a .Net shop (J2EE). I was under the impression that if I sent in a GET request to the asmx file, I would get XML back. This turned out to be not the case and I had to use the proxy file to prove that I could consume the service. S...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

Web resources about - Can WSE 3.0 Web Service be exposed to the web and can it be consumed by non .Net apps? - asp.net.xml-web-services

Consumed - Is Our Consumer Culture Leading to Disaster? - YouTube
Consumed: Discover how the secrets of the human mind are destroying our world Watch the Full film on Journeyman: http://jman.tv/film/4614/Consumed ...

Keating consumed with bitterness
It seems former prime minister Bob Hawke and treasurer Paul Keating will never be reconciled, with the two still at odds over events from nearly ...

Pushed beyond despair: Farmer Ian Turnbull’s family says feud over trees consumed hardworking man of ...
FARMER Ian Robert Turnbull was a broken man, crushed by worry over his land-clearing court struggle with the government when he allegedly killed ...

'Obsessions can kill': Nicholas Mevoli consumed by free diving
Nicholas Mevoli saved money from an assortment of jobs to pay for the bottomless pursuit of holding his breath and sinking his body as far as ...

Children hospitalised after pills consumed in southside childcare centre
ACT Police are investigating how three young children swallowed medication brought into a southside early childhood centre.

Dying planet being consumed by its sun
A planet orbiting close to its Sun-like star is shrinking as its mass is violently boiled off, French astronomers have announced. The gas giant, ...

Unilever consumed with ambitions for growth
Unilever consumed with ambitions for growth People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, ...

Just How Much Royal Baby News Was Consumed?
George Alexander Louis, the baby boy born to Prince William and Kate Middleton, has had the world's attention for months—and the advertising/content ...

Amazon's Silk Browser Acceleration Tested: Less Bandwidth Consumed, But Slower Performance
We've been working on our Kindle Fire review over the weekend but I thought I'd break out a particularly interesting section of the review for ...

Consumed With Grief, Ctd
The death toll from the factory collapse in Bangladesh has topped 800 . Take a moment to look at Shahidul Alam’s heartbreaking photograph of ...