Can't 'Add Web Reference' of Java AXIS Web Service!

Hi All,

I'm trying to consume a web service written in AXIS, but am having serious issues. Namely, when I try to add it as web reference, I get to a web page that displays:

"MyWebServiceName, Hi there, this is an AXIS service!, Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service here... "

 I do have wsdl file of the web service, however when I try to manually create the proxy I get several binding errors and the process fails. Also, the web service does not seem to accept POST as I always seem to be getting http 500 errors.

At this point I have no idea what else to try, and am stumped. Anyone have any ideas on how I can create a reference to this web service?!

 Thanks!

Yours, Tito P

0
tito_puente41

Hi Tito,

That might be the problem with server side webservice.

You can try creating a simple java WebService which only returns a string:

package com.cincom;
public class Welcome
{
          public String hiFromCincom(String strNameFromClient)
          {
                    return "HI " + strNameFromClient + ", Welcome to Cincom Java Web Services World.";
          }
}

Then use .net client to consume it.

For more sample code please refer to below article:

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/pk_khuman/WebServices02122006222948PM/WebServices.aspx?ArticleID=f54b7577-9240-4b0c-9f3c-d5b879d21ec4

NOTE:If you find my response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site, I am providing this information as a convenience to you.Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore,Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality,safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

Sincerely,
Young Fang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Young

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

It's all very fuzzy now...can make web request(?) but definately can't get web response from web service
Alas...trying to get a web service response from a web service that is part of the web site in Visual Studio.Net 3.5 appears to be impossible.  Infact, I've been ALL over the internet over the past couple of days looking at all types of fragmentory examples in all types of Microsoft languages to no avail. =========QUESTION:=========1.  How do I call a web service (the function to call is "WebService_BulkData") so that my aspx page will send it a SOAP request and print out the web service response data to the page?  The aspx page AND the web service are part of t...

Can't add a web service reference to VS.NET 2003
All,I am trying to add a reference to a vendors web service within my VS.NET 2003 project and keep getting the following error:There was an error downloading 'http://yadda.yadda.com/yadda/yadda.ao.api.asmx'. The operation has timed-out.I've also tried to create the proxy class using wsdl.exe and receive the same error.Does anyone have an idea how to get this to work?Thanks,Mark You could try opening up the WSDL in internet explorer and saving it as a .WSDL file., You can then add the reference directly from the saved file.Tomas Restrepo [MVP]tomasr@mvps.org I saved it and added it to ...

[Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]
Hi I'm trying to use the [Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]  in my web service, but when I compile I receive the following error message: Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Web' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Any suggestions how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance! RegardsEdward Hi, the correct namespace is System.Web.Script.Services.Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action If like me and you watched Joe Stagners terrific video "How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbac...

'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll
HI, I am trying to call a webservice that is running at another server and the webservice accesses data from the database on the same server. I have checked the database permissions and stuff, but I am getting this error.. I am not sure why the user name is displayed as 'null' ???? An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll Additional information: Server was unable to process request. --> Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. You're accesing a S...

'web service call failed: 500' using ajax hovermenu and web service
Hi there, I'm using a hovermenuextender attached to a templatefield of a gridview, and everything seemed to work fine.. however I've moved on to add dynamic attributes to the hovermenu. Now I get the error "web service call failed: 500" in place of the output I want (on the hovermenu's panel). When accessing the web service I created (directly through the browser) everything works fine.. here's my hovermenuextender dynamic attributes DynamicContextKey='<%=eval("refnumber") %>' DynamicServiceMethod="GetS...

Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET"
Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET",and i can n't find the file "System.web.UI.dll" from the "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework",so anyone can help me solve it thanks there is a no-footbird.the wind is its nest.it never stops flying until it dies... System.Web.UI is namespace, not an assembly. Add "System.Web.dll" and that will include System.Web.UI.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog Is your project a web project? To me, it looks like missing system.web.dll in your reference I think you need to reference system.web in the References...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

Question about web service
Question about web service - My web service returns an OrderInfo object.  If I add properties to this class so that the web service returns additional info, and my web service users are *not* using the new properties, do they need to refresh their web reference anyway when I deploy this?  I know they would need to refresh the web reference if they want to use the new properties ... but I'm not sure if they would need to refresh when they aren't using the new properties. I don't want their existing code to break when I deploy this.  Thanks in advanc...

Differences between a 'Web Site' and a 'Web Application' w.r.t. .Design namespaces?
I have a web site project which I want to convert to a web application. I noticed that the website has references to System.Design, System.Drawing.Design and System.Web.Extensions.Design.When I create a new Web Application project none of these Design namespaces are referenced. So, when converting a web site project to a web application should I leave out those references?  I ask this because I just read Scott G's tips for converting a Web Site to a Web Application and the first point he makes is that one needs to include, in one's new web application, all the same references us...

'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'
I am using the AJAX Toolkit AutoCompleteExtender and it works great on my Dev machine but posted live I get the following error:  'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services' - Line 11 is the culprit apparently.1 Line 9: <WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _ 2 Line 10: <Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _ 3 Line 11: <System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()> _ 4 Line 12: Public Class SearchSuggest 5 Line 13: Inherits System.Web.Se...

Web Service with Session State Enabled doesn't work in Infopath Web Services
 There is a ASP.NET Web Service which uses SessionState. Let's see it's 2 methods:                   [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)]         public string SetUser(string userName)          {             return UserName = userName;         }  &...

Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'
  Server Error in '/Bradford' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'Source Error:[No relevant source lines]Source File: vbc : Command line    Line: 0 Show Detailed Compiler Output:c:\windows\system32\inetsrv> "C:\WI...

Problem in web service's web method's parameters.
Hello All,I am tring to consume a Java web service in ASP.NET(c#) application.In the web service, the web method 'checklogin' accepts 2 string parameters only, with return type a boolean variable. But, when I use that method in my ASP.NET application it shows me 4 parameters in the definition namely 2 string parameters(which should be there) and extra 2  boolean type OUT parameters. Out of these 2 extra OUT parameters, in the 1st parameter I get the return variable of the web method which I called/used and in the 2nd parameter, its showing nothing (means its showing default...

Web resources about - Can't 'Add Web Reference' of Java AXIS Web Service! - asp.net.xml-web-services