can I add a Settings.settings files in a webservice

I have a web service I want to add a Settings.settings, but in my menu of items that I can add  I don't find Settings.settings,

0
sean2020

Hi sean2020,

Web service doesn't support Settings.settings, you can use web.config instead. Web service can provide the some configuration and store some information.

For more information:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b5ysx397.aspx

Best regards,
Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Guang

Problems with Web Reference, Settings.Settings file and Web.Config
Hi all!I have added a Web Service to my application and noticed it added a Settings.Setting file with the url to my Web Service. My question is how to change this value after i compiled the project and are on my web server. As far as i can see the Settinsg file is compiled and is "inside the dll" .. Can't i make the URL for the webservice to be added to the Web.Config instead of the Settings file? Or is there any other solution here that i have missed, im not so familiar with the Settings file .. Br, Ola I actually solved it myself. My Web.Config was missing the section <sectionGrou...

cascading dropdown set it's value only once but not on subsequent postbacks,web service recieve the value but can't set in dropdown
i have a dropdown named uxcommunity which is a dropdown and contain text in format ##-####-#### . and 2 more dropdowns province and district where province filters district. i get the first 2 characters ##  for session("province") and #### for session("District") and i have button to do the postback. first when the form loads and i click the button it get the value and select appropraite items in to dropdown province and district. but when i change the province dropdown content and district dropdown content and click the button , session will take correct...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

How to assign an XML file to a data set without reading it from a file. The data set is in a string.
I want to bind some XML data to a data list control on my web form. Here is my problem:   I have a data set that is populated via a call to a sql stored procedure. I need the data set data to be in XML format though. I can convert the data to an XML formatted string using the GetXML() method. But  I don't know how to assign it back to the DataSet. Does anyone know how to do this. Here is some code I have written. It is close but it does not completely do what I want done. 1. DataSet myDataSet = myWebService.GetData(); // Populate the data set via a SQL stored proc ...

How to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications
Hello can anyone please advise me guide me how to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications. I know how to do basic deployment but i want to know more about database connection string, Support files specific to application.   Please help--------ThanksSK Hi there,Database connections will not change too much, you will only need to change the Uid,password, server and sometimes database name.you can also create a setup file which will setup all the things. check out these:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818016 http://15seconds.com/issue/041229.htm http://www.microsoft.com/tec...

How can i add a xml file to an other xml file?
such as i have a xml file : <item1> <item2> <item3>aaa</item3> <item4>bbb</item4> </item2> <item1> an other one is: <item2> <item3>ccc</item3> <item4>ddd</item4> <item2> i wanted is: <item1> <item2> <item3>aaa</item3> <item4>bbb</item4> </item2> <item2> <item3>ccc</item3> <item4>ddd</item4> <item2> <item1> thanks. You ca...

How do I find/set security settings for a web service?
I need to find out what security groups a web service belongs to and also set what groups it is a part of.  How do I do that? Your question is puzzling - do you mean what AD groups the account that runs the web service is a member of? Do you means what AD groups can access the web service? Which version of ASP.NET are you working with? What version (if any) of Web Services Enhancements? Are you talking intranet web service only? Is the server on which the web service is hosted, a AD domain member or not?Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped...

Settings.Settings file
Settings.Design.cs file defaultInstance returns the localhost url instead of remote machine url. The webservice is hosted in remote machine so that the defaultinstance should be returns remote machine url but instead of it returns localhost url. The solution caches the settings somewhere in the physical path? Please anyone know the solution let me know. Thanks. The Settings.designer.cs file is the automatically-generated settings that you edit in the Settings.settings file. You should edit the value using the settings editor, not in the .cs file. To do that, double-click on the settings.s...

how to set SMTP Server setting in web.config file
hi,   I want to send email from passwordrecovery control so that user can get there password by email, i am using this this code in web.config file.  This is the  SMTP Server: mail.musiciq.co.uk given to me by discountasp.net. When i use this code then it gives error   <system.net>  <mailSettings>   <smtp deliveryMethod="Network">    <network defaultCredentials="false" host="mail.musiciq.co.uk" password="password" userName="definitivem" from="info@musiciq.co.uk" />   </smtp>  </...

Getting the Result set of a Web Service in to Data Set Directly.
Guys, Have you ever heard that you can access a XML Web service from your .Net application without adding reference to it or without creating a proxy class for it?. There are still ways to consume a XML Web service directly using HTTP GET method. This method is very interesting and I have found when doing some .Net R&D work. Most of the XML web services are support HTTP GET method. That means you can use HTTP GET method to invoke a XML web service to get an output. A XML Web service will accept parameter(s) and generate a XML based output as a result. EX: http://ws....

How can i set a web service time out?
Hi   I created a xml web service (with visual studio 2003) And i'm using this web services in a asp.net web application and an VB.net windows applications. BUT what happens if the there's something wrong with the web service I don't want the client application to wait to long...   HOW can i set a web service TIME OUT in the client application?   Thanks a lot Steve       Hi Steve, Right before you call your web service method, you could try starting a new thread and calling a class that waits a certain amount of time before it raises an exception....

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

Ubuntu Install: The local XML file './data/bugzilla-update.xml' cannot be created. Please make sure the web server can write in this directory and that you can access the web. If you are behind a prox
Hello list, I found the fix for this on SELinux via http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/lRMFnx3hwvEaH6nROdxg but I cannot find the way to adapt its findings to my Ubuntu install. /public_html/bugzilla# uname -a Linux hfs 2.6.35.4-rscloud #8 SMP Mon Sep 20 15:54:33 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux drwxrwx--- 7 root www-data 4096 May 22 17:45 data Thanks! -- Ryan ...

Web resources about - can I add a Settings.settings files in a webservice - asp.net.xml-web-services

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Entity–relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...

How To Use the Amazon SDK for Android to Upload Photos to Amazon S3
This article demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for Android to upload an image to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) from your mobile device ...