Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)

I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new
IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than
80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web).

If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error.

Notes:
WServer 2003
My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.
VS2005

Any ideas?

/Bob C in GRR
0
Bob_Chauvin

In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a while to figure it out...Huh? [:^)]

/Bob C in GRR
0
Bob_Chauvin

I can't log in when deployed to a IIS 7 site, but I can with F5 or with a web app in that web site
I created a website in ASP.NET using a database set up the aspnet_regsql utility. I can log in fine when I hit F5 and run the app or when I use the copy web site tool to create a new web app in an existing site, but when I publish or copy the files to the web site itself set up in IIS I get failed login when I try to log in. I've got anonymous and forms authentication enabled in the site. Is there some magic setting I'm missing to allow me to log into the app from the site as opposed to the temp server set up with F5 or the web app set up in the copy web site tool? Thanks, ...

Can't 'Add Web Reference' of Java AXIS Web Service!
Hi All, I'm trying to consume a web service written in AXIS, but am having serious issues. Namely, when I try to add it as web reference, I get to a web page that displays: "MyWebServiceName, Hi there, this is an AXIS service!, Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service here... "  I do have wsdl file of the web service, however when I try to manually create the proxy I get several binding errors and the process fails. Also, the web service does not seem to accept POST as I always seem to be getting http 500 errors. At this point I have no idea what else to t...

"visual web developer does not support creating web sites on a Sharepoint Web Server"
I get this message when I try to create a web site using VS2005 using HTTP, not the file system. "visual web developer does not support creating web sites on a Sharepoint Web Server". Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks Added info for the above post:I am running Windows XP locally and simply am trying to create a web site in VS2005 using HTTP.  I am not using Visual Web Developer, nor do I have it installed on my machine.The error message mentions Visual Web Developer, so I wanted to clarify that I'm running VS2005 and not VWD.Thanks This is the third report I've s...

"Visual Web Developer Web Server" and Web Services
I like the new "Visual Web Developer Web Server" (Do you want suggestions for a longer name!) but I have an issue with using it to host a Web Service. Whenever the Web Service is recompiled and run it ends up with a different port number. Therefore, it seems that any references to that WS in other applications are invalidated and need to be re-established when it's run again. Is there a way of pinning the port number, or am I missing something? CheersNick Grattan, MSDN Regional Director, Ireland. Software Paths Limited. Hi Nick, the internal server is used for local...

It's all very fuzzy now...can make web request(?) but definately can't get web response from web service
Alas...trying to get a web service response from a web service that is part of the web site in Visual Studio.Net 3.5 appears to be impossible.  Infact, I've been ALL over the internet over the past couple of days looking at all types of fragmentory examples in all types of Microsoft languages to no avail. =========QUESTION:=========1.  How do I call a web service (the function to call is "WebService_BulkData") so that my aspx page will send it a SOAP request and print out the web service response data to the page?  The aspx page AND the web service are part of t...

Web part in MOSS not showing in the "Add Web Parts" web page dialog in the nested sites
hey guys,  I created a web part and it seems to work fine ( I followed  the Sahil's article: http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/webforms/article.php/c12293__1/)I added the web part using the page:_layouts/NewDwp.aspx located in the profiles site, which is http://ServerName/sites/MySite/then I asked a coworker to try the web part, he went to his profile, click in Site Actions, Edit page, Add a Web Part and he wasn't able to see it in the list, so he needed to go to Site Settings -> Web Parts -> New -> check the web part and click on Populate Gallery. S...

Deploy VS 2003 Web Site with web services Web Refrences
I have developed a web site that communicate with web services in another server, but when i was running it locally on my development machine it was working fine, but now when i have deployed on the server, i have changed the URL on the web refrences folder to point to the web services server. But it keeps giving me Page Not Found 404 error. As it couldnt find the web services, even though when i put the same URL in browser it gets the services okay?  When deploy web services, is there any other task that i should do rather than chaging the URL of web refrences in the .disco, .wsd...

"Add Web Reference" -vs- "Add Service Reference"
I've noticed that in VS 2008 I can add a reference to a web service through "Add Service Reference..." or "Add Web Reference".  It appears that either of these approaches works but there are some differences in the naming of the client-side proxy that's generated.. Does "Add Service Reference" take advantage of the 3.5 framework?  Does this approach gain any efficiencies if I'm still adding the reference for an asmx web service rather than a WCF service?  Or does "Add Service Reference" for an asmx web service just pr...

Deployment of Web Site and Web Services
I have a website that is built in ASP.NET 2.0 and deployed. On the same server I want to build web services that are connected on a different port that support the site via a Windows App. I have done this in 1.1 without any problems. On my site I am using a version of the SQL Sever authentication model. I just have it connecting to my database. I used the same web.config from the site to create my webservices since they need to use the site's authentication to communicate. This all works great in development (doesn't it always) but when I deploy my web services to the site the code that...

No "Add web deployment project" for web application
I've installed the web deployment project, opened several examples with web application project with web deployment project added to it and would be oki, exept for one thing. I don't  have a  "Add web deployment  project" in build menu (the right click menu and the top menu) for web application, but for web site it apears. Could anyone explain why? Examples that i saw had web deployment projects added to wec applications.Thanks for any help.   I think maybe you install not correct with your Visual Studio  So try to install Visual Studio 20...

web web web

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

how can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site
Can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site? I know you could use a frameset with .asp, but it looks like Visual Web Delevoper 2005 does not have any controls to setup a frameset. Any help, that would point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks Patrick     With screen scraping 4GuysFromRolla.Com: Screen Scrapes in ASP.NEThttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070601-1.shtmlThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you. This information was a great help!!! Thanks again Patrick...

Web resources about - Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint) - asp.net.xml-web-services