Hello,

I was looking for some feedback on calling a web service from within a web service. I've heard that it's not good practice (or not possible). I have a scenario where I think it might make some sense.

Within our infrastructure, we've created a web service that handles incoming updates on the statuses of all processes. This has proven to be a good thing since it allows applications to communicate across server to make status updates. It's also used by third party developers and applications to communicate with our infrastructure.

Along these lines ... we are planning to create a new component to execute certain types of tasks. We'd like to make it a web service, so that it can be accessible on any server. A set of commands would be sent to the web service, which would execute a process.

Here is the catch: Once this new component is finished with it's processing, we'd like it to use the original status web service to update the status ... which means a web service calling a web service.

Thanks in advance.

Helj

0
helj

>> calling a web service from within a web service. I've heard that it's not good practice (or not possible).

It certainly is possible - I have already programmed two such systems. In one case Server A hosted a web service that could be seen by B but not C, so B had a web service calling A that C could see.

TATWORTH

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

How i create web services & call web services?
Give me the solution of how i create webservices & call it and what is purpose of web services ?? PlsGuree  >how i create webservicesVery much the same as creating a new web site site - it is just a different project type. > & call it andAdd a web reference to an existing project to consume the web service.>what is purpose of web services ??To send and receive data.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. &...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Is web services a part of web Service?

DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031
Hi, I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox. Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031 Any pointers would be appreciated.  Do...

asynchronous call of web service method from another web service
I am calling a web service method from within another web service.  Both are called asyncrhonously. Webservice 1 is invokde from a consumer app and its completed event is assigned an event handler, this works ok  The webservice being called is itself invoking another webservice and asynchronously calling another web method, again Ive assigned an event handler to its completed event, which works.  My problem is how do i expose the ouput (a dataset) of the second web method to the first web method ? Hi, Please have a look at this article: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...

Calling an asynch web service within an asynch web service.
I have read two different articles regarding optimizing thread pool utilization by calling asynchrounous web methods and then calling an asynchronous method within them. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service10012002.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/Threading/default.aspx The first article has an asynch web service method asynchronously calling another web service method. The second article has an asynch web service method spawning a new .NET thread and asynchronously calling it. I would like to use...

Problem calling Web Service using the DynamicPopulate Extender
Hi, I'm quite new to ASP.Net AJAX so please forgive my ignorance.  I have downloaded and installed the RC1 version and am following through some of the tutorial videos.  I am having a problem with the Dynamic Populate Extender example.  I have created some asp controls with onclick events calling a javascript function.  From there I am attempting to use a dynamic populate extender control to call a web service - it's a function declared on that ASPX page as the tutorial explains in necessary and decorated with the System.Web.Services.WebMEthod AND System.Web.Script.Serv...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Web resources about - Calling a Web Service from a Web Service - asp.net.xml-web-services

Calling Dr. Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Calling Dr. Death (1943) is the first of the Universal Pictures Inner Sanctum mystery films . The "Inner Sanctum" franchise originated with a ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Calling Batman: Bane Takes Over Ecko Unlimited Facebook Page
Bane, the villain in upcoming Batman feature film The Dark Knight Rises , turned his criminal mind toward the Ecko Unlimited Facebook page , ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook’s Talktime program in India pays new mobile users in calling credit
... Facebook has launched its Talktime program in India which gives every new user who signs up with a mobile device 50 Rupees (almost $1) in calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

Rounds Video Calling + Chat for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad ...
Get Rounds Video Calling + Chat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Elon Musk responds to Bloomberg's story on self-driving tech, calling it 'inaccurate'
On Wednesday, Bloomberg published a story about 26-year-old George Hotz, a hacker who built a self-driving car in his garage in just about a ...