call webservice using javascript without using AJAX and webservice.htc?

HI,

how can i call a webservice without using AJAX and Webservice.htc, using any protocols?

Thanks.

jibrankh

you could skip using an AJAX framework and issue an xmlHttpRequest directly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMLHttpRequest

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige
9/23/2006 3:36:38 PM

Hi, thanks mbanavige.

well, is there any disadvantage of using xmlhttprequest?

and one more question can AJAX also work on other web servers than IIS like Apache? and is AJAX compatible with all browsers other than IE?

how can i call a web service with AJAX using javascript as i dont have the server side source code of the website where i have to call the webservice so i can do it only in body's onLoad in HTML Code, so whatever i can do, I can do it only with HTML code.

Kindly write me a piece of code calling a weservice 'xyz' using ajax inside javascript, and will that work on all browsers and all common webservers?

Thank you sir.

jibrankh

to use a webservice or not to use a webservice?
hi folks, i have a web-based application that connects to a server for processing and then gets back the data from the server asynchonously to display to the user--specifically, the user identifies a product by answering coupla questions and then the program connects to a CAD server to generate models of the product to display to the user. creating the CAD files typically takes little over a minute or so...but i would like to know whether its a good idea to use a web-service to connect to the CAD server and then do the processing or whether remoting is a better way to do this. ...

problem in using the webservice.htc file to call webservice method
Hello Mate,                    The webservice method is not getting called . COULD U PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS PROBLEM?                                  First of all i have a folder called "Masters" in my project.                    In that ...

Cannot call a web service from java script using ajax in .net 3.5 web applications
As like 2005 .net websites i tried to consume a web service from client side java script  using Ajax script manager in  .net 3.5 (2008) version web application it was not working, Event it works with 3.5 web sites, What i have to do to solve the issue. Thanks in advance Hi, can you create the least amount of code to reproduce it and post it? This gives us the ability to check out your code and better guide you. Also please check out this article: Create a Simple WCF Web Service and Use In JavaScript With Visual Studio 2008 and .Net 3.5.  Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Fire...

Call Webservices without using web Reference
Call on eweb services with using it reference and using ajax If you want to call a webservice from the client without setting a reference to it in the ScriptManager you can use the invoke method of the WebServiceProxy class, check this link: http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/ClientReference/Sys.Net/WebServiceProxyClass/WebServiceProxyInvokeMethod.aspxIf this post helped you please remember to set it as Answer so it can help others....

'web service call failed: 500' using ajax hovermenu and web service
Hi there, I'm using a hovermenuextender attached to a templatefield of a gridview, and everything seemed to work fine.. however I've moved on to add dynamic attributes to the hovermenu. Now I get the error "web service call failed: 500" in place of the output I want (on the hovermenu's panel). When accessing the web service I created (directly through the browser) everything works fine.. here's my hovermenuextender dynamic attributes DynamicContextKey='<%=eval("refnumber") %>' DynamicServiceMethod="GetS...

web service call failed: 500 using ajax hovermenu and web service with ascx file
I am using a hovermenu extender on an image button. The hovemenu extender calls a web service and returns back information that I write to the panel that displays. A portion of the code is below. This works when the Page is an aspx page but when I move it to an ascx page I get web service call failed. I do have the ascx page in a folder called controls/pages off of the root but both the default.aspx page and the bedinfo.asmx page are on the root. I don't think I have a path problem. I can include more complete code, there are actually 50 images with 50 hovermenu extenders and one p...

I want to know how to call a web service without using a proxy and giving xml as input
I want to know how to call a web service without using a proxy and giving xml as input instead of objects.This xml should be automatically serialized into an object at the service...

Using ATLAS without using Web Services
1. Is it possible to use ATLAS by some way so that we dont need to create any web services.2. is their any way to create a dummy page on the server and put all the functions into it, which we need to call through ajax on server side and then call those pages with some kind of query parameter so that it can understand which method or function need to be called and thus returns the result asynchronously.thanks and regardsgoru 1. Absolutely, though you'll find your self writing a lot more javascript, one way to do it is using the objects/functions defined in the AtlasRuntime.js, which act as ...

call webservice using javascript.
HI,kindly let me know the code for calling a webservice using javascript.Thanks.X You can have a look at this example http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/csharp/cs_webservices/tutorials/article.php/c7781__3/ it uses .net, javascript and WS and it has code examples, hope this works.  ...

Problem calling Web Service using the DynamicPopulate Extender
Hi, I'm quite new to ASP.Net AJAX so please forgive my ignorance.  I have downloaded and installed the RC1 version and am following through some of the tutorial videos.  I am having a problem with the Dynamic Populate Extender example.  I have created some asp controls with onclick events calling a javascript function.  From there I am attempting to use a dynamic populate extender control to call a web service - it's a function declared on that ASPX page as the tutorial explains in necessary and decorated with the System.Web.Services.WebMEthod AND System.Web.Script.Serv...

Consuming Web service from .net 3.5 web application using ajax
Hi , Before in .net 2005 ,I use to consume the  web service from client side via Ajax and java script. that's just adding web service inside the script manger services.But  it was not possible with .net 2008 version WEB APPLICATION   , Even it works well with .net 2008 web sites. Please help me to solve the issue. I have no idea what you mean. Please post the code that "does not work". NC...   I have the same problem.  I have a .NET 3.5 Web Application not Web Site.  I fully qualify the web service with the namespace i,e,  &n...

how i use ajax in web application without using ajaxtoolkit?
Hello, to every one i m new in ajax, plz help meso plz tell me how i start ajax in .net without using ajaxtoolkit or dlls Thankx in advanced Regardz ParhiyarThe best and most important Thing in this world is to help others so that then GOD Helps u!! So keep help Others!!!!! you dont need the controltoolkit.... that is just a set of pre-packaged controls for usage. You could do the exact same thing that any one of them does with just the native Asp controls and the Ajax extentions.... http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-75.aspx  Improve Your Coding StandardsRules to Succ...

ModalPopup using WebServices (WebService Call Failed: 500)
Hi All,   I am trying to populate a gridview and display the results in a Modal Popup.  I have wired it all together, but when it calls the webservice, it is not dropping into the web service.  It finds the .asmx file which calls a .cs file and begins to run through the process, but it doesnt run the WebMethod.   Here is all the code, your help is greatly appreciated. The asmx File: <%@ WebService Language="C#" CodeBehind="~/App_Code/ModalSerivice.cs" Class="ModalService" %> Here is the WebService: [WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")] [WebService...

How to use Autocomplete extender without using a separate webservice
Hi,  I want to use the Autocomplete extender without using a separate webservice file. I am not able get how to use the page method instead of webservice for autocomplete extender. Can anybody suggest me on how to accomplish this.  Thanks, Gayathri. Hi Gayathri, You can remove your WebMethod into code behind from a single file(WebSerivce).  For example,    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)    {    }    [System.Web.Services.WebMethod]    [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod] ...

Web resources about - call webservice using javascript without using AJAX and webservice.htc? - asp.net.xml-web-services

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Entity–relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...

How To Use the Amazon SDK for Android to Upload Photos to Amazon S3
This article demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for Android to upload an image to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) from your mobile device ...