C++.net Webservice and Window application

Hello everybody,

This is my first Thread on this wonderful forum.

I'm developing a webservice to create a standard communication tunnel between a Direct3D engine and an old VB6 application. The idea is to expose different methods of the Engine using a WebService. The VB6 application will control the engine with the webservice methods.

I can use the unmanaged dll used by the engine in the webservice (wasn't easy). The problem, I can't create window or use existing windows. When I create a direct3D device the HRESULT gives me the "Invalid call" error. If I try to use GDI+ to draw something in an existing window, I can't create the graphics associated.

Is-it possible to control windows using a WebService ?

Note: My Webservice is running using the local admin user logged on the server.

0
Lourog

is it possible to exporting XML file from a website to windows application through .Net Remoting or web services
Hello everyone ..i have a website through which i want interact with a desktop appplication to send a XML file.With .Net Remoting i think it's possible but abt webservices i m nt sure is it possible with .Net Remoting or Web Services???plz clear me abt it.    Possible with web services. Expose a web method and add a reference to the webservice to your windows application and call the web methodJeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.  Hello Jeev..sorry for replying late.But I think my scenari...

How to extract xml file from window application to web application in .net
hi..i have two software solutions both in .net one is desktop and another is web application.And i want to transfer data between these application using xml. In desktop solution i have created a xml schema and create a xml document that conforms to that schema.XML doucment is created which contains the data.Now i have to extract this xml document into my web application and store the data of this xml file into my database and vice versa. So tell me what are the different methods to get the document from desktop to web and from web to desktop.Actaully i am not much aware of this type i...

How to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications
Hello can anyone please advise me guide me how to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications. I know how to do basic deployment but i want to know more about database connection string, Support files specific to application.   Please help--------ThanksSK Hi there,Database connections will not change too much, you will only need to change the Uid,password, server and sometimes database name.you can also create a setup file which will setup all the things. check out these:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818016 http://15seconds.com/issue/041229.htm http://www.microsoft.com/tec...

C#.NET Web services: Manipulating XML
Hi, I am developing a web service in C#.Net1.1 and a new bee to .NET. I have developed a web method to retrieve the data from database and I want to sent the response in the form of XML.I want to manipulate the dataset to get the desired XML.But I dont know how to do that? Can somebody help me in formatting the XML. Also, once I will format the XML, what return type I should use in web method to get XML file as output. Thanks in advance. First of all, I'm sure you already knnow that .NET 1.1 is rather old. At any rate, make sure you're using the latest service pack for .NET 1.1...

when i connect to web service with my VB.net windows application
hi all when i connect to web service with my VB.net windows application it make the system very slow. mouse move very slowly. like system is hang .  when the application retrieve data form  web service  after that process the system is back in normal condition. plz any help.thanks in advance.  Mushtaq Hi, It seems that there is some operation that is time consuming because of which the UI hangs. Use asynchronous webservices. Take a look over here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163725.aspx HTH,Suprotim Agarwal  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabili...

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

How to transform a c# applications into Web Services using Visual Studio.Net
In this link ( http://www.microsoft.com/net/products/tools.mspx ) it says :  " Transform Applications into Web Services :- Visual Studio .NET automatically creates the necessary XML and SOAP interface needed to turn an application into a Web service. Developers can concentrate on building the application, not on the plumbing for the Web service. " I didn't find any article or tutorial about how to do it.   Somebody please let me know how to use Visual Studio.Net to convert a C# component to webservice. Thanks,    pradeep       What is means ...

Web resources about - C++.net Webservice and Window application - asp.net.xml-web-services

Second visa application 'likely' to be approved
The family of a terminally ill Pakistani student can 'hopefully come to Australia sooner rather than later' says Immigration Minister Peter Dutton. ...

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 37% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance, Purchase Applications Both Up in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 7.3 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released
CNN Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released CNN (CNN) The visa application of one of the San Bernardino shooters was released ...