asynchronous call of web service method from another web service

I am calling a web service method from within another web service.  Both are called asyncrhonously. Webservice 1 is invokde from a consumer app and its completed event is assigned an event handler, this works ok

 The webservice being called is itself invoking another webservice and asynchronously calling another web method, again Ive assigned an event handler to its completed event, which works.  My problem is how do i expose the ouput (a dataset) of the second web method to the first web method ?

0
misuk11

Please have a look at this article:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dwba7yy7.aspx (How to: Chain Asynchronous Calls with a Web Service Method )

In above code remote service returns Authors object:

Authors allAuthors = rs.EndGetAuthors(ar);
It should be DataSet in your issue.

NOTE:If you find my response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site, I am providing this information as a convenience to you.Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore,Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality,safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

Sincerely,
Young Fang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Young

synchronous called web service consuming another web service asynchronously
hi guys... would like some advice / guidence with regards to design best practices.Scenario is: I'm in the middle of building a web service which is to act as a middleware layer between an IVR platform and a 3rd partys rpc/encoded web service (non standards I know!). Reasons for this are: 3rd party web service potentially can take upto 30seconds to process a requestAdditional logging and validation to take place in my middleware web serviceIVR platform can only consume webservices synchronously and cannot consume rpc/encoded web services.My service will be consumed synchronously. It will...

REST Web Service : How to call a web service method by REST way ?
Hi buddy,Can anyone tell me that how do i call a method through a web service by a REST way.I have one local application (with C#.NET, ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005) and I want to call a Web Service method which is created on a remote machine. I have to call that method from my web application by using a REST (Representational State Transfer) way. I have a WSDL file.Please provide me technical details to make this happen.I want exact code to achieve this.Please please its urgent....Thanks in advance.Thanks,Mitesh.Please Mark this as an Answer if it resolves your problem. Which Version of .n...

Web Service invoking another Web Service
hello, I have a web service and I have to consume another web method of some other web service. I have to do everything through code. [I cannot use "Add Web Reference" utility in the VS.NET]. I am using C# for coding the web service. Thanks in advance. Phanikum Yep, You could do that! Basically you have to use WSDL.exe http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp Once you have proxyclass in a file from WSDL.EXE, make an assembly and use that in your app! Sreedharhtt...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

How i create web services & call web services?
Give me the solution of how i create webservices & call it and what is purpose of web services ?? PlsGuree  >how i create webservicesVery much the same as creating a new web site site - it is just a different project type. > & call it andAdd a web reference to an existing project to consume the web service.>what is purpose of web services ??To send and receive data.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. &...

reference a compiled web service from another web service
I created a compiled web service (eg, a dll file). now i create another web service in which i want to refer to the compiled service. how is this done in vs .net?? i am following an example which is not vs .net specific so i am not sure of the syntax. the example says to create the second web service (ie, .asmx.vb file) and include the following single line of code in it to refer to the compiled code: <%@ WebService Class="compiled_code_service_name" %> this does not work within vs .net. can anybody tell me what is the correct syntax?? thanks I'm not quite sure I ...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Is web services a part of web Service?

DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031
Hi, I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox. Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031 Any pointers would be appreciated.  Do...

Calling an asynch web service within an asynch web service.
I have read two different articles regarding optimizing thread pool utilization by calling asynchrounous web methods and then calling an asynchronous method within them. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service10012002.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/Threading/default.aspx The first article has an asynch web service method asynchronously calling another web service method. The second article has an asynch web service method spawning a new .NET thread and asynchronously calling it. I would like to use...

Problem calling Web Service using the DynamicPopulate Extender
Hi, I'm quite new to ASP.Net AJAX so please forgive my ignorance.  I have downloaded and installed the RC1 version and am following through some of the tutorial videos.  I am having a problem with the Dynamic Populate Extender example.  I have created some asp controls with onclick events calling a javascript function.  From there I am attempting to use a dynamic populate extender control to call a web service - it's a function declared on that ASPX page as the tutorial explains in necessary and decorated with the System.Web.Services.WebMEthod AND System.Web.Script.Serv...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

Xml file mapper using Web Service
Hi all, I am tasked with creating a web service that maps a number of files to a relational database.  I have a good idea of how I might do this but need to make sure that a list of files get mapped to the database or else they are all rolled back.  Here is the scenario of what should happen. 1. Call an initializing method with the list of files to process as a parameter 2. This method would return a unique identifier to the caller 3. Everytime the caller calls a mapping function also pass the identifier as a parameter 4. If a mapping function fails call a rollback function with the same identifier 5. If all files are mapped successfully call a comit function with identifier  Any great ideas on how to do this?  Thank youJohn You can create transactions using the sqlclient, pseudo code in VB using sqldatasources: Dim cmdConnection As System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection = New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(Common.AppSettings.ConnectionString) Dim transaction As SqlClient.SqlTransaction = cmdConnection.BeginTransaction("processData") Dim cmd As System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand = New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand("storedProcName', cmdConnection, transaction) Try      'do a bunch of stuffCatch ex As Exception       transaction.Rollback() Throw exEnd Try You don't use a commit per se, it commits by default unless an exception is thrown so you'd...

Web resources about - asynchronous call of web service method from another web service - asp.net.xml-web-services

Asynchronous Transfer Mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and designed to unify telecommunication and computer networks . It was designed for a network that must handle both traditional high-throughput ...

Facebook adds asynchronous voice messages to Messenger app; begins testing VoIP in Canada
Facebook today released an update for its standalone Messenger app to allow users to record and send each other voice messages. The company also ...

Google Dart upgrade homes in on asynchronous programming
Google has released Dart 1.9, with a focus on asynchronous programming.

Decomposing Asynchronous Workers in Ruby
... pieces of our systems, we can potentially come away with new ways to compose the same functionality with multiple smaller pieces. Take asynchronous ...

AMD Dives Deep On Asynchronous Shading
... to reduce display chain latency, and finally features to reduce rendering latency. Key among the latter features set is support for asynchronous ...

Hero Academy brings smart, asynchronous strategy to Android
After a lengthy stay on iOS, Hero Academy is now available for Android. The turn-based strategy game uses a kind of card mechanic mixed with ...

Challenge your friends in these iOS turn based asynchronous games
... plenty of times when you want to play a game against an opponent, but can’t sit for an hour waiting for them. Luckily there are a ton of asynchronous ...

Apple patents iPhone camera remote control with display, asynchronous notifications
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Tuesday granted Apple a patent for a wireless accessory that can control an iPhone's camera functions, ...

Watch Dogs Asynchronous Multiplayer Trailer Turns This Into A Must-Buy Game
For the first time since I've laid eyes on Watch Dogs the game has finally portrayed itself as a must-buy title. All before now we've seen glimpses ...

Really Simple Asynchronous Web Services
Web services are better suited for the message-oriented communication paradigm, rather than remote procedure calls, the author says.