ASP.net Soap client for VSE (CICS) soap service

Does anybody out there have any experience or success with consuming a VSE (CICS) web service from a ASP.net client?

I'm trying to get an ASP.net application to call into a VSE web service and return some data.  We are running both the ASP.net and CICS systems in our environment.    I'm able to successfully expose the web service and its methods in ASP.net using a .WSDL generator supplied by a CICS tool.

This CICS tool also writes the SOAPWRAP program that does all the Soap XML translations. My ASP.net application does 'see' the web service via my Web Reference and (via debugging), we know that the search parameters are getting into the 'user program 'in CICS, and it is executing fine returning the data it should to the SOAPWRAP program.  But when coming back to ASP.net, it gives me the following error:

I'm unable to find any good meaning for this error.  I'd appreciate any advice anybody has to offer.

Thanks

jP
0
johnpavelka

Sending SOAP attachments from Axis client to .NET web service
Hi all, I have an Apache Axis client that sends an attachment using javax.activation.DataHadler class. The web service is to be built in VB .NET and it will do a conversion to PDF and back the attachment to the client. My question is fairly simple: How can a .NET web service handle the attachment being sent to it as a DataHandler object from a java client? Can this be done? if not then how can i send an attachment from java client(axis) to a .NET web service? base64 encoding is not an option. This is my client side code:  public boolean transform(final boolean doTheDIME, S...

XML Web Service Message from .NET to NonStop SOAP Server
Here's the XML parsing error the NonStop (Tandem) SOAP Server is generating as a result of a Web Service request from my .NET web client.  The web service in question works fine when the XML request comes from the "test" html client.  My question is, is this a lack of carriage returns a problem?  (see trace information below) >> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< Unmarshal Error: Invalid input document: Unexpected extra node(s) at the end of the document>> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< SoapDocumentHandler::process:Fault occurre...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

web service SOAP Headers
If this isn't the right forum, let me know what is.Is there a difference between SOAP serialization and  and XML serialization.I have been reading heavily and am now quite confused.I understand that SOAP serialization produces XML, but perhaps without a specific schema or a scheme very different from XML. In the context of web services, the XML Serializer is used to produce XML in SOAP format. What you may be getting confused about is that there is also a "runtime serialization" subsystem. This can serialize data either using a Binary Formatter, or a SOAP Formatter. It...

Powerbuilder .net msil soap web services
Folks, I came across the following while reading from a "Web Services" link. "A significant difference--and many would say a benefit to the .Net way--is that Microsoft's platform does not require a particular language for developers. <While> Java is both a platform and a <single> language, .Net developers can choose from some 23 supported languages, all of which can interoperate on the same platform. Not all the languages are created by Microsoft, but the company is working with third-party vendors to bring .Net capabilities to languages as diverse as CO...

SOAP Extension, .NET and Java Web Service
Hi, All: I have created a .NET web service, it is going to call a Java Web Service. This Java Web Service requires my .NET service send SOAP a message, which is not standard SOAP message. So I need use SOAP extension to try to alter the SOAP message. I call like this retRepsonse = JavaWsProxy.Method(string1); With this call, my .NET web service is not going through SOAP Extension Process method. This is the question I wiuld like to ask, SOAP extension class applies to Web Service method, it means all calls to the method wiii go through the SOAP extension proces method. If this...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

View SOAP envelope of web service call in a .net app?
I am using the web reference feature in VS.Net and I nee to know how i can see the SOAP request that is being sent by my app to the service, is there a tool out there that will do this? Thanks.Thanks,B There are several WebServices monitoring tools out there, like Mindreef's SoapScope. For quick tests, I usually use Simon Fell's excellent TcpTrace tool.Tomas Restrepo [MVP]tomasr@mvps.org Enable Output tracing for the client project. Right-click the project, choose WSE Settings 2.0. In the dialog box pick Diagnostics tab and check Enable Message Tracing. THe Soap envelope will now be wri...

Web Services, Complex Types, .NET Soap Engine and Sybase
Just wanted to let everyone know, our company logged a case with Sybase recently because we were unable to access a web service in PB 11 where the response was a complex type described using the <xml any> element. They replied that the XMLNode is a .Net Data type that could not be mapped to anything other than Powerbuilder any. I replied that they should be able to return the entire message content as a Powerbuilder any and let the program worry about parsing the message. This is their final reply: >Actually, PB Web Servcie client using .NET engine is much bett...

Issue with clients consuming a web service that was upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5
I am currently working with an application that was converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008 and we are having issues with a client consuming the web service portion of the application.  The web services were written in .NET 1.1 using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and was upgraded to use the .NET 3.5 framework.  One of our clients application, which is still written in .NET 1.1 was reference the upgraded web service and tried to consume the web service and received the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Se...

SOAP Web Service Problem (problema con un web service)
Please help, I can't read a webservice method (webmethod) from asmx web service, with Delphi firemonkey, In my first try I put a WDSL Importer, and I can retrive data from simplex type (string, booleans, integers) but when the method returns a DataSet, i loose my way. Por favor, ayuda, no puedo leer datos de un web service si el metodo que regresa es un DataSet, el web service esta hecho en dot.net así que es un asmx, utilizando el WDSL importes, traje datos sencillos como enteros, boleanos y otros, pero en el caso de arreglos como un DataSet no lo he conseguido, estoy perdido, y l...

Web resources about - ASP.net Soap client for VSE (CICS) soap service - asp.net.xml-web-services

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

GM gets aggressive and launches a car-sharing service for the future when no one owns cars
... is a threat," said GM's president Don Ammann during a press conference for reporters. On Thursday, the company plans to announce a new service, ...

Bluelock Certified with Advanced Designations to Provide Cisco Powered Cloud and Managed Services
Bluelock Certified with Advanced Designations to Provide Cisco Powered Cloud and Managed Services Business Wire (press release) INDIANAPOLIS(BUSINESS ...

GM hits the gas with new car-share service
After more than 100 years of selling cars, GM is giving car-sharing a spin with a new service targeting the growing mobility-on-demand market. ...

Police: Drive-Thru Customers Attacked Burger King Worker Over Slow Service
We know it can be frustrating to wait for your food to be cooked, bagged, and passed to your eagerly awaiting hands, but it is never okay to ...

Cox Gives Up on Its 'Me Too' Streaming Video Service -
Cox has given up on the company's streaming video service before it has even hit the broader market. Back in November we noted how Cox was the ...

IBM might buy live video service UStream for $130 million
The first name that comes to mind when you hear "live-streaming video" might be Twitch, but even despite how that service has grown, it isn't ...

Landesk Unveils Service Desk 2016 with Skype Adapter
The Design App Store allows service desk administrators to create, view and select new modules and customizable capabilities.

Meet Zum, An On-Demand Ride Service For Kids
Zum launches out of beta today. Can it make parents trust the Uberization of child care? While Ritu Narayan was working as a group product manager ...

GM, The Lumbering Giant, Suddenly Looks Fleet-Footed In The Race To Provide Future Mobility Services
Maven car-sharing brand is the latest in a series of big moves by GM to position itself at the forefront of a revolution in mobility.