.NET vs Java XML Web Services

Does anyone know out of .NET and Java, which one performs better via XML web services?
0
markwa

I think that it would really just depend on where you are wanting to deploy your web service. Since both have the overhead of a framwork behind them I would imagine that any performace gains would be small. If you are deploying in a Windows environment I would go with .NET, but mainly because I just like it better. If you want to deploy in Windows and Linux I would use Java. I am not sure how far Mono has come on the Linux platform and if you do not use C# mono would not help you anyway.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Brian Parker
CEO, Cofounder
NeoTekSystems
Phone:(864)770-0473
Fax:(864)770-0476
www.neoteksystems.com
bparker@neoteksystems.com
0
brianparker
1/28/2006 9:23:54 AM

It's almost impossible to answer.  When trying to measure web service performance there are a lot of things to consider.

XML Parsing - this is often considered to be the biggest overhead, but not always.

Handling attachments - again this isn't an issue if you don't use them.

Transport - Not all web services use HTTP

Memory footprint - Memory footprint varies considerably between toolkits.

Namespace table lookups - some toolkits cache this information to prevent namespace lookups.

Dealing with arrays - particularly arrays of anyType.

In practice, there can be considerable differences between them, but usually I find that they are close.

James
My Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters
0
jcw14

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Re: Using XML Web Service in VS.NET
Dear all, I added a "test.asmx" file in my current project and I coded all Web Method in the test.asmx.cs in VS.NET. Now I want to ask how can I call the web methods in other C# Class? Suppose the class name of the asmx is "test". How can I instantiate the object of that class? Regards, Joe someone can correct me on this.... i hav done a walkthrough using XML webservice. I have created a windows application that can call methods from the webservice, with the use of a dataset in the webservice. after "adding a web reference" to my windows appli...

XML vs XML Web Services
I'm getting up to speed with XML and have the following questions: 1) Knowing XML means knowing how to design and create XML Web Services? 2) I found the amount of details on XML/XML Web services overwhelming, harder to digest than HTML or a new language. What's the best approach to learn and use it? Thanks.Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" 1. No. They are different things 2. I'd start with a basic XML foundation (basic XML, XPath, and XSD), then review the basic WS things: soap, WSDL, and then from there on move to the WS-specs.Tomas Restrepo ...

How to call .net web service from Java web application?
Hi all,  I have a vb .net web service.How do i call .net web service from Java web application?What all resources I need?Can you please provide a sample application where a java application is invoking methods of .net web service? Thank you Hi, First I am not familiar with java language, but web services are universal operating system and language independent. It doesn't matter where the services is or in what language is written you just invoke it  and it gives you "replay".  Probably you must reffer to java consuming web services.   Regard...

.NET Web Service Proxy (EasySoap vs .NET)
Greetings all, I was provided with a URL for a web service that is password protected. I saved the WSDL file from the browser and am attempting to create a .NET Web Service Proxy to use it. When I select EasySoap for the 'Web Service Selection', I see one service ('Services') and five 'Structures' (which is the number of 'methods' that I am expecting to see). But when I select .NET, I still see one service (named differently) and only one structure. Four of the structures are missing. Is there something else I need to do to view the four ...

Adding a VS.NET web reference for more than one web service?
I have a web app exposing several web services: SignOnService.asmx UserService.asmx AdminService.asmx etc I have a Winform app that consumes these services. When I go to Add Web Reference in the winform app, I have to add each one individually as their own web reference. How would I set this up so that they can all be added as one web reference? I think you will have to add them to one file (.cs or .vb) the reason they are comming up separately is becuase they are seperate, they are seperate web services(asmx files), classes and have seperate WSDL description...

any open source of xml .net web services?
any open source available for xml .net web services by using either vb.net or c#? please advise, thanks. I am not sure how to adapt framework. Basically I want to setup xml web services for people who is using colf fusion to connect my app. Also, what about sqlxml? you can host iis as soap calls too? which one is better sqlxml web service? or xml .net web services? please advise too. thanks for the help...

creatig and returning xml in .net web service
I am new to the .net web service world. Recently I started writing a web service. This web service is going to interact with Java client. Hence I will be returning XML from web service. I am writing web service using vb.net in VS2008. My web service is goign to call a stored procedure. Stored procedure is supposed to retun me some records. Based on these records I have to create XML and return it as web service response. Till now I was able to write web service and stored proc. I am not sure how to build a response xml. Does anybody have any link or any idea on how to do this. I trie...

C#.NET Web services: Manipulating XML
Hi, I am developing a web service in C#.Net1.1 and a new bee to .NET. I have developed a web method to retrieve the data from database and I want to sent the response in the form of XML.I want to manipulate the dataset to get the desired XML.But I dont know how to do that? Can somebody help me in formatting the XML. Also, once I will format the XML, what return type I should use in web method to get XML file as output. Thanks in advance. First of all, I'm sure you already knnow that .NET 1.1 is rather old. At any rate, make sure you're using the latest service pack for .NET 1.1...

Consuming .net xml web service in PHP
I have developed .net xml web service. I want a develope php client to access this web service. I dont have much knowledge about PHP. The web service i wrote accepts two string parameters FirstName and LastName, and returns string like Welcome (FisrstName)__(LastName) to web service. The sample php client code i am trying is as below: <?php require_once('nusoap.php'); $parameters = array ("FirstName"=>"Russel", "LastName"=>"Arnold"); // Create a new Soap object $soapclient = new soapclient('http://testwebservice/Servi...

Web resources about - .NET vs Java XML Web Services - asp.net.xml-web-services

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

TV news car in accident with emergency services fighting Esperance bushfires
A car being used by a TV news crew has been involved in an accident with an&nbsp;emergency services vehicle being used to fight the Esperance ...

Seniors, Millennials embrace ride-sharing services
... users. Americans both young and old who previously didn't have access to road transportation will soon capitalize on new ride-sharing services ...

LG announces its own mobile payments service
Korean tech giant LG has announced it will soon be launching its own mobile payment service. The service, which will be a direct competitor to ...

Cisco picks RTP for 'Technology Verification Service' center
Triangle Business Journal (blog) Cisco picks RTP for 'Technology Verification Service' center Triangle Business Journal (blog) At Cisco's ...

now WeTransfer is launching a streaming service too
In the past week we got news of Beats Music and Rdio shutting down (the latter because Pandora acquired "key parts" of it), and now comes the ...

Airbnb's CEO wasted four months building a roommate-finding service before realizing it had already been ...
... roommate search tool,” Chesky explained. “We worked on this for 4 months and then realized roommates.com had already built this service. I couldn’t ...

Did Amy Schumer throw a ‘massive fit’ at a gym or just get mad at bad service?
Radar Online is running a story claiming that Amy Schumer pulled the “don’t you know who I am” card at an Equinox gym in New York City. The way ...

Last call sounds for Adobe Revel cloud service
In a not-unexpected move, Adobe shuts off its consumer-focused cheap-storage subscription service.

Amazon to build massive wind farm to power web services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) on Thursday announced it will build and operate a 100-megawatt (MW) wind farm in Ohio that will power its current and ...