.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE

I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java.

http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap
Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff.
when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea.
Im very new to all of this.
If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it would be very helpfull... and so would a step by step proc of how to do this but im not fussy.
Thanks
DB
0
dbenoit64

just add a "?WSDL" after the url,

http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap?WSDL
and use wsdl.exe to get your proxy file. Then puruse that file to see the methods you can call from an aspx page.
0
stacy
1/26/2004 11:55:16 PM
Thanks staci, as soon as i put in the '?wsdl' i was able to see the 4 methods of the service in the browser type box of the add web reference dialog. but its just like text. i cant click on them. And the "web reference Name:" text box is also disabled.
0
dbenoit64
1/27/2004 1:07:39 PM
I use Web Matrix so maybe someone else can walk you thru Visual Studio.
0
stacy
1/27/2004 2:06:52 PM
yeah i wish the service wasnt written in java
0
dbenoit64
1/29/2004 7:22:49 PM
yes....if only the world ran as our Billy G sees it ;)

-Mathew Nolton

Website=www.cybral.com

Email=mnolton@cybral.com

Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton
0
matiasn

.NET Web Service and Non .NET programe
When we develop a web service by VB.NET. Then i use visual basic, Microsoft access, asp. Can these stuff access to my web service ? Means you want to access Webserver developed in VB.NET in ASP application?Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

What do non-.net users need to do to consume a .net web service?
Hello, I'm very new to web service world and haven't had much chance to do much reading on theory and architecture yet. So I'm asked to create one for someone external to my organization (still inside my company). I make one, test it, deploy it, consume it. Go me. It was very easy within my comfortable .net shop. However, the intended consumer is not a .Net shop (J2EE). I was under the impression that if I sent in a GET request to the asmx file, I would get XML back. This turned out to be not the case and I had to use the proxy file to prove that I could consume the service. S...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

Issue with clients consuming a web service that was upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5
I am currently working with an application that was converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008 and we are having issues with a client consuming the web service portion of the application.  The web services were written in .NET 1.1 using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and was upgraded to use the .NET 3.5 framework.  One of our clients application, which is still written in .NET 1.1 was reference the upgraded web service and tried to consume the web service and received the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Se...

.NET Web Service Proxy (EasySoap vs .NET)
Greetings all, I was provided with a URL for a web service that is password protected. I saved the WSDL file from the browser and am attempting to create a .NET Web Service Proxy to use it. When I select EasySoap for the 'Web Service Selection', I see one service ('Services') and five 'Structures' (which is the number of 'methods' that I am expecting to see). But when I select .NET, I still see one service (named differently) and only one structure. Four of the structures are missing. Is there something else I need to do to view the four ...

Non-Microsoft Client Consums .Net Web Service
Hi, I am trying to create a non-microsoft client (java) to test my .net web service. Any comments, good articles about it? Thanks in advance It should "just work". Try as much as possible to return objects of primitives and arrays of objects or primitives, no dataset or whatever (it can be made to work, but there are possible pitfalls). If the java client use Axis, it will work fine. Its even easier if you use Windows Communication Foundation, since its even easier to make WS-I compliant services, which virtually any client will be able to eat up just fine. But still, ...

Can Non-.NET Web Service Clients Use Datasets?
If a .NET-written web serice returns a dataset, can a web service not written in .NET use that dataset? If not, what should be returned? thanks in advance, Geoff I would return a string (in xml format possibly) - you could probably just return DataSet.ToXML() as the return value How about creating an object to represent each row in the dataset and then putting it into an array?...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

Can WSE 3.0 Web Service be exposed to the web and can it be consumed by non .Net apps?
If I write a WSE 3.0 web service in .Net 2.0, can I expose it to the web like an IIS XML web service.?Also, can this web service be consumed by non .Net apps or .Net 1.1. apps?sun21170 Yes, simply enable your web service project for WSE 3, and this will alter web.config to support WSE 3 web services in IIS.The web service can be consumed by non .Net clients, however .Net 1.1 clients may struggle unless you add WSE support ans generate specific WSE proxies at the client end.  JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters...

Web resources about - .NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE - asp.net.xml-web-services

Public Broadcasting Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... such as PBS NewsHour , Masterpiece , and Frontline . Since the mid-2000s, Roper polls commissioned by PBS have consistently placed the service ...

Netflix starts blocking VPNs, proxies, and other unblocking services
... VPNs. Last week, on January 14, Netflix said that it would begin cracking down on customers who use VPNs, proxies, or other "unblocking" services ...

Bluelock Certified with Advanced Designations to Provide Cisco Powered Cloud and Managed Services
Bluelock Certified with Advanced Designations to Provide Cisco Powered Cloud and Managed Services Business Wire (press release) INDIANAPOLIS(BUSINESS ...

Police: Drive-Thru Customers Attacked Burger King Worker Over Slow Service
We know it can be frustrating to wait for your food to be cooked, bagged, and passed to your eagerly awaiting hands, but it is never okay to ...

Digitimes Research: Amazon launches Alpine chips to support its entertainment services
... in January 2015, Amazon has recently launched its Alpine family chips for front-end network and multimedia applications. The Internet service ...

IBM buys Ustream to power its new video services division
... planning to nab video livestreaming company Ustream, the deal is official. The internet broadcast outfit will join IBM's new Cloud Video Services ...

IBM Buys Ustream, Launches Cloud Video Services Unit
With its acquisition of Ustream, a provider of cloud-based video streaming services, IBM announced the launch of a new cloud video services unit. ...

General Motors Embraces The Future With Car-Sharing Service Maven
Maven, the new umbrella brand for General Motors's car-sharing efforts, points to a future in which car ownership is no longer the norm. It's ...

Full Episode: Nightline 01/21/16: College Admission Standards Changing to Emphasize Community Service ...
Full Episode: Nightline 01/21/16: College Admission Standards Changing to Emphasize Community Service

General Motors launches the Maven car-sharing service
General Motors recently announced plans to invest $500 million in the Lyft ride-sharing service and now the automaker has released its next step ...