<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> - is this correct?

Hi, my web service returns this when generating a web method xml code. However, between the last " of the UTF-8 and the ? there is a space. When I build and debug my web service, it runs fine, but if I attempt to acces my web service through the browser on my localhost, this - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   - does not appear, instead appears a message like this:

The XML document is not associated with styles. The document structure is representes above. (the original message is ir Portuguese, I've only translated!)
And the rest of the document is normaly formed, except the first line, which has no xml declaration!

Is there anything I can do to my web service in order to change this?Thanks a lot, really needing help here!!

Best regards,
David Ribeiro
0
dvd

Hello dvd.ribeiro,

I don't exactly get when you see this message.  Do you access the webservice, run an operation/method, and it returns an xml document?

I'm not an expert on XML format but I do believe the space is supposed to be there.

Also what is throwing that error message?  Internet Explorer?

http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_examples.asp

If an answer has been provided to you question please mark it as an answer.
0
Mlogan
5/17/2007 1:24:25 AM

Well it's probably Firefox showing that. In IE appears the <xml> tag correctly...

I want to extract data to integration services, but web service and integration services are not communicating well, integration cannot extract any data from the xml. Someone told me integration only accepts iso-8859-1, and I seem to can't change that on my web service...any help?

Best regards,
David Ribeiro
0
dvd