'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll

HI,

I am trying to call a webservice that is running at another server and the webservice accesses data from the database on the same server.
I have checked the database permissions and stuff, but I am getting this error..
I am not sure why the user name is displayed as 'null' ????

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll
Additional information: Server was unable to process request. --> Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
0
bsobaid

You're accesing a SQL Server on a remote machine, and you configured the connection to use Integrated Security. In that case, you'll be connecting with the user your ASP.NET application runs under, which by default is a local machine account. Hence, it won't have network credentials to login to SQL Server.
Tomas Restrepo [MVP]
tomasr@mvps.org
0
tomasr

Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'
  Server Error in '/Bradford' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'Source Error:[No relevant source lines]Source File: vbc : Command line    Line: 0 Show Detailed Compiler Output:c:\windows\system32\inetsrv> "C:\WI...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

'web service call failed: 500' using ajax hovermenu and web service
Hi there, I'm using a hovermenuextender attached to a templatefield of a gridview, and everything seemed to work fine.. however I've moved on to add dynamic attributes to the hovermenu. Now I get the error "web service call failed: 500" in place of the output I want (on the hovermenu's panel). When accessing the web service I created (directly through the browser) everything works fine.. here's my hovermenuextender dynamic attributes DynamicContextKey='<%=eval("refnumber") %>' DynamicServiceMethod="GetS...

'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'
I am using the AJAX Toolkit AutoCompleteExtender and it works great on my Dev machine but posted live I get the following error:  'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services' - Line 11 is the culprit apparently.1 Line 9: <WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _ 2 Line 10: <Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _ 3 Line 11: <System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()> _ 4 Line 12: Public Class SearchSuggest 5 Line 13: Inherits System.Web.Se...

BC30560: 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'.
Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'.Source Error: Line 16: <WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _ Line 17: <Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _ Line 18: <ScriptService()> _ Line 19: Public Class Cli...

My first Web Service ... the error: 'Rowsitems' is not a member of 'System.Data.DataTable'.
I'm writing my first web service to pull data from my sql database to use with the Ajax Toolbox AutoCompleter, but I'm getting this errorBC30456: 'Rowsitems' is not a member of 'System.Data.DataTable'.Here's my code:  Does anything jump out as wrong?  I've bolded the line that debugger has the error on... Imports SystemImports System.ConfigurationImports System.DataImports System.Data.SqlClientImports System.WebImports System.CollectionsImports System.Web.ServicesImports System.Web.Services.ProtocolsImports System.Web.Script.Services <Scri...

Value of type 'System.Web.UI.Control' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.SiteMap'.
 Hello,         I receive this error "System.Web.UI.Control' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.SiteMap" when I try to find the Sitemap control.  ...            <asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" />            <asp:ListView ID="ListView1" runat="server">            <LayoutTemplate>    ...

'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services
I recently got a new PC. I installed VS 2008 SP1 on it and copied my folder that had my website on it. Now when I try to run it, I get: 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services This has been working on my old PC.ThanksI love computers because: MY WISH IS THEIR COMMAND :)<Website><Gadget>  BTW, I get this erro in my web services where I have:Imports System.WebImports System.Web.ServicesImports System.Web.Services.ProtocolsImports System.Data' To allow this Web Service to be called from script, using ASP.NET AJA...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

web service Unable to cast object of type 'System.Xml.XmlNode[]' to type MyObject
  Hi people i'm using web services to get information from an internal network, but i'm facing some troubles, i need some help. Here is my problem. i have an object that i have devveloped like this [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlInclude(typeof(MyObject))] public MyObject{   public string name; public string url;     }, so i have an object that return property's and i have an Web Service that returns me an arrayList of MyObject, so far so good, here is my webmethod of my web service.   [WebMethod] [XmlInclude(typeof(PHCRLInfo)) ] public ArrayList...

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
It code worked fine on my PC..but gettting following message on server.... 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'  i checked this thread http://forums.asp.net/p/1123792/1869084.aspx#1869084  but it doesn't help me...  My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." Updating global assembly cache of server, solved this error Some how installation is not updating GAC..so you have to do it manuallyMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."  Hi,I have the exact same problem.  Can you please tell me how you were able to clear out the GAC and update it with the latest DLL?  Just like you everything works on my PC but when it gets published to servers i get that same error.Thanks,Kam   just copy the following DLL's from C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025  and paste it in folder c:\windows\assembly on server System.Web.Extensions System.Web.Extensions.Design  Hope it solves your problem, if not let me know    My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." Hi, Yup that fixed it perfectly.  Thanks so much for the quick and accurate reply. Kam...

Need desperate help with returning array from Web Service C#
Hi There,I have been trying to use a webservice to return results of a SQL call as an array. Whatever I do I cannot succeed, the most I can do is return a string.Please, you'd make my day, I have wasted hours and searched a million of pages.This one came very close to the same thing I am doing, but his solution does not seem to work for me. http://forums.asp.net/t/743487.aspxBelow is the Code: <%@ WebService Language="C#" Class="SQLService" %> using System; using System.Collections; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Diagnos...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledGlobalAsaxType'
I always get the below exception if I make a configuration change to the web.config file then request a page without re-building the project. Exception: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledGlobalAsaxType'. Stack Trace: [InvalidCastException]: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledGlobalAsaxType'.   at System.Web.Compilation.ApplicationBuildProvider.GetGlobalAsaxBuildResult(Boolean isPrec...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection'.
Hello, I get this lovely error whenever I attempt to load an AJAXToolKit ScriptManager. It is the only one I have on the page. If I use the regulare script manager, my extenders don't detect it. I'm placing the ScriptManager just after the <Form> tag. The frustrating part is that it works when I preview it in the browser from my development machine it works, but once I place it the live server, it crashes on me . I've installed all of the .dlls in the proper places. Also, I'm trying to attempt to do this when creating a new site with the AJAX ToolKit enabled templat...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection'.
I have tried to upgrade an existing application from VS2005 to VS2008.  I downloaded the latest AjaxControlToolkit and referenced it in my project.  I'm getting the below error when I try to deploy to our QA servers.  I'm NOT seeing the issue on our local development machines that have VS2008 installed.   Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection'.  What piece am I missing in the deployment?  All the w...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection'.
Hello, I get this lovely error whenever I attempt to load an AJAXToolKit ScriptManager. It is the only one I have on the page. If I use the regulare script manager, my extenders don't detect it. I'm placing the ScriptManager just after the <Form> tag. The frustrating part is that it works when I preview it in the browser from my development machine it works, but once I place it the live server, it crashes on me . I've installed all of the .dlls in the proper places. Also, I'm trying to attempt to do this when creating a new site with the AJAX ToolKit enabled templat...

[Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]
Hi I'm trying to use the [Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]  in my web service, but when I compile I receive the following error message: Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Web' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Any suggestions how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance! RegardsEdward Hi, the correct namespace is System.Web.Script.Services.Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action If like me and you watched Joe Stagners terrific video "How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbac...

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
I downloaded the 10618 version and can not get it working.  The sample website that comes with the release gives me this error on every page I try to browse. Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)' Stack Trace: [MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'.]   AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +0   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47&n...

Error Serializing Value 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode' of type 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode'
Hi, I am  getting the error stated in the subject when i am storing a TreeNode in a ViewState and then using it as follows if (ViewState["ProductCounty"]!=null) { TreeNode _productCountyNode = DataTree.FindNode(((TreeNode)ViewState["ProductCounty"]).ValuePath); _productCountyNode.Expand(); } what could be causing this error? Hi, I believe TreeNode isn't serializable in a way its required for objects which can be put to ViewState - as reference - (TreeNode implements IStateManager and is meant to work together with TreeView itself saving it...

Web resources about - 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll - asp.net.xml-web-services