XMLHTTP in .Net - client side code to fill parts of a page

I'm trying to convert an ASP page that uses XMLHTTP. At first I removed the XMLHTTP code and used regular server side code. Now I'm finding the XMLHTTP code (or something like it) might be needed.

The situation is that the page has a lot of data on it in text boxes and drop down lists and response is very slow each time we send data back and forth to the server. On the ASP page the XMLHTTP was used to limit the trips to the server and the amount of data sent back and forth. It was used in client side code to do things like populate a drop down list when the value in a different drop down list was changed.
Looking at some information on .Net I'm not too sure what to do. All references to XMLHTTP seem to point out server side code solutions. I'm wondering if there is a .Net solution for client side code that will fill only part of a page or if I just keep using XMLHTTP.
I might cross post this to the client forum too.
0
pretzelb
1/13/2004 8:43:02 PM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Translate c#.net code to vb.net code
Hi I can usually do the translation myself, but this time I am a bit stumped  Let us consider to rewrite Urls (more than 16000 links) using a table. Save original url and rewritten url in a table. Now add a class file in App_Code folder. class UrlRewriteModule : IHttpModule{    public void Dispose()    {        // Nothing to dispose    }    public void Init(HttpApplication context)    {        context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0
Hi i am new bie to asp.net 2.0.Till date i have been developing projects using VS.Net 1.1 and now i hv decided to upgrade to new version 2.0.Now i want to run and develop my projects using any of the versions as desired.My question is that can i install vs 2.0 without updating the previous version and will i be able to develop and run my applications in any of the versions as desired.i have been known that we can run these versions side by side(i.e. one application can use 1.1 and other 2.0),but can we do side by side development as well(i.e. one application can use 1.1...

Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0 (continued)
Hi, Dave wrote a previous post that said: "If you are referring to web applications - each Virtual server must specify the framework to run under.  Both can run side-by-side.. but not under the same virtual server (application pool)" That looks fine, but I wonder: Is it just as easy as going to Administrative Tools --> IIS --> Select the virtual directory --> go to the property's ASP.NET tab and then selecting the ASP.NET version? Is there some important information that I need to know before going into this? Are there going to be ANY issues I should be aware of? T...

Paging in AP.NET/VB.NET
Hi All, Well... a simple problem perhaps regarding paging in an asp.net application using vb.net. I have a datagrid named dgResult and being trying to implement paging on it.  Following is the code to capture the PageIndexChanged event. Sub dgResult_PageIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Handles dgResult.PageIndexChanged dgResult.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex GetProperData() End Sub I have a break point at dgResult.Curre.... position.  The datagrid, just do not accept the method and I can not event trap the event using a break ...

Writing cline side code from VB.NET code
I have a script where in I want to write client side javascript code and send it to the browser where it will display the disired affects. But the client side tag "</script>" makes the ASP.NET engine look at it as an end of the main server side block:<script Language="VB" Option="Explicit" runat="server"> I am using inline code for VB.NET, not code behind. With warm regards,Dolphus PerieraWith warm regards,Dolphus Pereira The script block tag you posted is marked as runat="server" which makes it a server side script block ??Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample i...

Migrate code from vb.net to C#.net
Hello friends, I had created a web site using visual studio 2005. web site was created using the language vb i.e. VB.net. Now as per the clint requirement I have to migrate all the code in C#. So the question is that is there any tool or any inbuild utility in Visual Stuidio so that we can migrate the site from vb.net to C#.net. Or we have to do it mannually i.e. by changing each and every line of code mannually? Kindly suggest me. Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, at the mome...

How to change vb.net code to C#.Net ?...
Hi, Earlier i had a class  that i got it from this Forum, it in vb.net and i am trying it to convert it in c#.net but i am unable to covert properly to work. the functionality of this class is to convert number value to words. i am putting both of code c#.net and VB.net please rectify it.Public Class NumberToWords Dim Character As String Public Function ConvertNumber(ByVal A As Double) As String On Error Resume Next Dim MM Dim IM ConvertNumber = "" MM = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Len(A) IM = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Left(A, Mic...

How to migrate code from vb.net to c#.net?
Hi all,If anybody knows information on migration of VB.Net application to C#.net. i.e Any tools available, best practices, methodology for estimation. etc.   RegardsHelen    Hey, Take a look at this topic http://forums.asp.net/t/1100603.aspxMaybe some of these sites can be of help to you.  Arnold you can do it by page by page just copy and paste ur page in the following link http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx and convert ur vb.net to c# gotcha!!YasserSpica.www.spica.aewww.bncnetwork.netPlease remember to mark as answers i...

convert c#.net page to vb.net
ok I have an entire page in vb.net and now I want to integrate some code from another page but it written in c#.net what is the easiest way to convert c#.net to vb.net I tried using www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx but it only gave me errors here is what I am trying to convert let me know if you have any ideas http://www.nomorepasting.com/paste.php?pasteID=20953 With Alex Lowe's translator ' Messages Private NoFileMessage As String = "No file selected" Private UploadSuccessMessage As String = "Uploaded Sucess" Private NoImagesMessag...

I wrote code Response.Redirect then page is not redirected to reqquested page ( ajax.net)
I wrote code Response.Redirect then page is not redirected to reqquested page  (with ajax.net) make sure that your target URL is valied and correct... or the problem might be from your browserRegards...Nassar, RamiMy Blog || E-Mail Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. dear, just paste the code so that we can assist u accordinglyKind Regards,Saurabh Sharmaonly dead fish swim along the flow of river, learn to make yo...

Inline Coding (i.e. no Code-behind) and Wilson Pages (.Net 1.1)
Hi, I'm developing a personal web site and planning on hosting it on Brinkster, but Brinkster does not allow codebehind or using Dlls (from what I understand). But I would still like to use Wilson Master Pages, if possible.  I downloaded the free source code from the Wilson Master Pages website, but I'm not an advanced enough .Net programmer to firgure out how to use the source code using inline code.  Normally, you would use something like:<%@ Register TagPrefix="Wilson" Assembly="WilsonMasterPages" Namespace="Wilson.MasterPages" %>  on your templated pages...

Adding a C# code behind page to a existing vb.net project page
I tried to add a .cs file to ab existing vb.net project and it seems to be rejecting the .cs code. Is there a declaration i need to include in the .cs file so the compiler knows that the .cs file has c# code and not vb.net code? Unfortunately, with this version of VS.NET you can't mix languages, so you'll have to put either one in a component and compile it separately. DonDon Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem! vs.net 2003...

Web resources about - XMLHTTP in .Net - client side code to fill parts of a page - asp.net.xml-datasource

XMLHttpRequest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Data from the response can be used directly to alter the DOM of the currently active document in the browser window without loading a new web ...

'ajax' tag wiki - Stack Overflow

4umi useful Javascript
4umi.com / web / javascript / An Ode to Javascript The language that made the machine talk to us Welcome to our little treasure grove stuffed ...

Z- blog跨站脚本攻击漏洞 - 80sec
Z- blog跨站脚本攻击漏洞

Jotspot Live: Live, group note-taking
> A bunch of people have mentioned the announcement by Jot of Jotspot Live , which is a “Live, group note-taking” service built on Dojo. We ...

Alex Hopmann’s Blog
... me to reflect a little bit on some of the projects I’ve been involved with. One that is probably worth sharing is the history of XMLHTTP. XMLHTTP ...

Ajax on IE7: make sure you invoke native XMLHttpRequest object
Through working with the IE7 team , we’ve figured out the problem behind the IE7 XMLHttp resend issue I reported a while ago. The short answer ...

Microsoft Releases Public IE7 Preview
Microsoft on Tuesday made available for public download a pre-Beta 2 release of Internet Explorer 7, which is designed to showcase features the ...

Google Reader Released
Google just released a web-based RSS client called “ Google Reader ”. The tool has been announced at the Web 2.0 in San Francisco and is now ...