XMl to XML

Hello,

  I retrieved an XML from the dataset which retrieves data from the table in the database. I need to present the data  in a different structure. Is XSLT the way or are there any other options.

please let me know.

Thanks!!

0
radhikap
11/7/2006 7:00:10 PM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes

XSLT is a good choice to convert xml file to other forms.

You can take a look at XSLT Tutorial.

Sincerely,
Young Fang
0
yyy8347

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

Transform XML to XML
I've been trying to transform an XML document to another XML document. The original document is very large (6megs) and the application that needs to use it only needs a fraction of the data. I'm trying to take this mother-of-all XML documents and filter out unwanted nodes. I could probably do this very easily with code by running a few XPath Queries against the document, and placing the results in a new document...however...I have an interest in learning how to do this with XSL. In the past, I've done some pretty basic XML to HTML transformation ans that worked out well. This ti...

sort xml in xml
Hi, How I can sort xml file in xml with VB.NetThanks,<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>  <Liste>   <Form Famille="Administration" idXhtml="" idOffice="31574" nom="ADM" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31708" nom="ADM- 54 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="communication" idXhtml="" idOffice="31709" nom="ADM- 133 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31710" nom="ADM- 9 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31711" no...

How to select Xml as Xml?
If I select Xml nodes like this from sql server; select xmlData.query('//Field[@F = "True"]') as extendedInfo from.... ..how to loop through the items in C#? I can't cast it to a System.Xml.XmlNodeList..? You can use the XmlDocument class.  There's a Load method and a LoadXml method.  One of these should get you what you want, after which you can select nodes as you need.C# <---> VB.Net Translator mm8: If I select Xml nodes like this from sql server; select xmlData.query('//Field[@F = "True"]') as extendedInfo from.... ...

XML to XML transform
Hi all, I have an XML file in which I just want to change a couple of values.  So, the end result is a new file with exactly the same XML structure.  I am new to XML and XSLT, so I thought I'd start off with something simple; I created an xsl file that would just copy the source directly across without modifying the values (I can do this later, once I have the first bit figured) - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:con="http://eviware.com/soapui/config"><xsl:template match="/"...

XML Transform to 1 XML file to another XML File
Hello All  I am a novice programmer. I want to transform 1 xml file to another xml file. I am looking for a example code where user will select source xml file and create another xml file in different file with different fields with some default validation of parsing date and default values.  Can anyone help me or let me know any available source code in C#/ASP.Net?  Ms Disha I am assuming you know xslt, if not, you would have to go look at that.  But if you do, then this document will help you out http://www.csharpfriends.com/Articles/getArticle.aspx?articleID=...

XML datasource from external website XML file
Hi all i need to extract some data into a page on my website, but the xml file is on different web server, not in our bunch, but out in the ether.is it possible to use this file as a datsource directly, or is there some security issue, and i have to grab it and use it locally...??? the file has been put somewhere it can be accessed with a web browseras this file changes on a daily basis, i would also like to automate the daily retrieval, i'm assuming this is something not too simple either. as you would need a service or something to fire up at a specific time each day?! any he...

XSLT to transform XML into XML in VB.NET
Hello. I need some help with XSLT. We have an XML coming in and I need to transform this XML to a format that we use using XSLT so that future changes in the incoming file are easy to change in the XSLT rather than changing the VB code.This is the sample input file  <MemberReports xsi:schemaLocation="http://developreports/myreport/v1/report.xsd"> <DateCreated>2006-04-15</DateCreated> <MemberReport> <MemberOrganization>MemberOrganization</ReportingOrganization> <Member> <Name> ...

reading data from xml service or xml datasource
Hi, I'm trying to figure out a way to import data (but not export to, I'm just trying to get their news section) from an external db (SqlServer 2000 or 2005) to a gridview and detailsview on my site (resides at a web host). I spoke to the organisation that owns the external db and they are willing to look into several solutions, whitout giving out their db password etc. Not suprisingly, I was reccomended using a web service. However, I believe I need to install stuff in order to enable one, and so, it won't be able for me (I guess), because of my web host's limitations. Instead, I am now t...

Problem loading an xml string containing xml data into XML document
 Hi all,I have a problem loading an xml string containing xml response data returned by other server(spatial server) into XML document some times becoz the returned xml response contains special chars like <, >, ', etc.Is there any way to parse this XML response string before loading into XML document. Hi Bharath, if you can't find a ready made one you can write one yourself. Parse the string that you get for the elements that it would contain and inject the CDATA element between them to allow special character. example if you have a string <childNode>This con...

Problems writing to an XML file
I'm brand new to using XML (in fact this is my first project), so bear with me, I may need a little hand-holding. I'm trying to create a page which simply adds data to an existing xml file. Ultimately it will add the data from a form, but to keep things simple, I've been simply using pre-defined values. Originally I was able to get the script to write the xml exactly as I needed, however it would simply overwrite the existing file every time it was accessed. This is unacceptable, as it will be used to add data to one file, sort of like a mini database. So after much pain and gnashi...

using xml datasource with a dynamic xml output from a website
hi guys. need help regarding this problem. we're doing a project right now that gets the latest stocks info from a website. we're passing username, password, and a year into a querystring and the website will have an xml output. the problem is that the output looks something like this : http://www.info.net/xml/page.aspx?id=user&pass=23423&year=2006. i'm wondering how i could directly use this in the xmldatasource itself. any ideas?   Hi Use HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse class. You can get xml string as output then you can do whatever you want(deal with xmldatasour...

XML::Parser XML::SimpleObject -> First XML parsing pls help
I took the example from http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/04/18/perlxmlqstart1.html I wanted something really simple for XML parsing that basically just reads values. But I'm stuck (again). #Here's what I'm trying to run: #!c:\perl\perl.exe use XML::Parser; use XML::SimpleObject; use strict; my $file = 'c:\perl\work\job001_card.xml'; my $parser = XML::Parser->new(ErrorContext => 2, Style => "Tree"); my $xso = XML::SimpleObject->new( $parser->parsefile($file) ); foreach my $mail ($xso->child('job_card')->children(&...

Web resources about - XMl to XML - asp.net.xml-datasource

Native XML Database
(by Conor O'Mahony) If you want to learn more about XML indexes in DB2, including the XML index enhancements in DB2 10 , join the DB2 pureXML ...

XML From the Inside Out XML development, XML resources, XML specifications
XML.com, where the XML community shares XML development resources and solutions, features timely news, opinions, features, and tutorials; the ...

XML developer news from XMLhack: by and for the XML community
XML developer news from XMLhack: by and for the XML community

XML Design Patterns
XMLPatterns.com - Designing Good XML Structure with Patterns.

Create your Google Sitemap Online - XML Sitemaps Generator
... Google Sitemap Generator You will be redirected to the generated sitemap details page, including number of pages, broken links list, XML file ...

The XML C parser and toolkit of Gnome
"Programmingwith libxml2 is like the thrilling embrace of an exotic stranger." MarkPilgrim Libxml2 is the XML C parser and toolkit developed ...

XML Schema (W3C) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Part 2 Datatypes (Recommendation) , 1.1, Part 1 Structures (Recommendation) , 1.1, Part 2 Datatypes (Recommendation) is one of several XML schema ...

Legislative Documents in XML at the United States House of Representatives
Official site for XML at the United Steates House of Representatives for legislative documents

faroo_p2p: Our Web Search API now supports cross domain access for JSON, XML and RSS via CORS (Cross-Origin ...
faroo_p2p: Our Web Search API now supports cross domain access for JSON, XML and RSS via CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing). http://t.

XML and JSON — Advantages and Disadvantages?
... Notation (JSON), and after looking it up, it seems like it's becoming rather popular as an alternative to the Extensible Markup Language (XML). I ...