Trying to use XML to act as a database -> ADO.NET?

Hi,

I'm trying to find a solution to store some data get from a temporary queue and save it somewhere so that users can get access to it next time when they go into the webpage.

Then I've found out something about XML which can act as a database.  I've seen some articles about how it is possible by using ADO which allows to even "query" the XML similar to database way.

But I dont know how it is possible and whether it's the solution I'm trying to look for. And, if it really is, any configuration involved? files I need to put in as reference? how do I start from coding? any good tutorial about ADO I can go through?

I appreciate if anyone can help me out...

Thanks a lot...
0
isc00007
8/26/2005 8:53:02 AM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ADO.NET(XML) Datasource missing
Well something has transpired with the ADO.NET(XML) Datasource, it is disappearing off our machines! We’ve been messing around with .NET 2.0 but I’m not sure that this is related.  When we try to validate tables we get “The database DLL ‘crdb_adoplus.dll’ could not be loaded. Just to clarify we are using Crystal Reports 9 Developer Edition, with the cr90dbexwin_en.exe patch to fix issues with the crdb_adoplus.dll   We’ve tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Crystal with no luck.. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

how to use xml as database with vb.net?
 Hi allI want to use xml as database. But my knowledge in xml is very poor. How to use xml as database?Janki Raval - Janki RavalDont miss to mark this post as answer if it helped you  I can write whole book on this ques but to make it simple as you are not much acquainted with xml, try this thing in dataset you have two prooperties one is writexml and  another is getxml. Through getxml you can get a physically stored xml file into dataset and rest will be done automatically similarly when you are done with insertion or updation in ds just use writexml to save the c...

Help needed on XML database . How to use insert , update etc operations on XML file used as database
Hi !!! I am using an xml file as my database . But I can't  do insert , update and delete ops !!! Some one please help me ...... Pleaseeee help !!!! Its urgent .....     Maybe you need XPath, take a look at:http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/default.asp  Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38...

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException when trying to use xml feed
Hi folks, strange error I'm getting here, I'm trying to connect to the ECB s currency exchange feed which is located at http://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-daily.xml - it looks nice and simple to use.  However my code is throwing a socket exception when I run it from the server and a system.net.webexception - {"The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required."} when I run it from within visual studio. I had a sample script which took feeds from the BBC site on my home computer which worked fine but it does not work from m...

How to Verify Digital Signature containing in the attached xml (using signed Xml )in .NET 2.0
Hi,  I have one certificate (.cer file) . i have a signed xml file using that I have to verify this xml's signature given by them. My question is : How to verify Digital Signature using that signed xml file  I  install my certificate before using it and then should I use any the .Net API I would appreciate if someone could tell me after receiving the digitally signed xml file and cerificate file, how I should verify the Digital Signature using Signed xml?1 <XMLDigitalSignature> 2 <name Id="#8055475">sd</name> 3 - &...

How to save XML document in to SQL Server database using C#.net and LinQ concepts
I have tried to save the XML document to SQL Server db using C#.net/ASP.Net and LinQ, it failed to do so. can some one help me in doing this....I have to save the document as such and will have to retrieve it using the same LINQ and C#.net/ASP.net, can you plz help me ..... Thanks, Ramakrishna  Hi,RamakrishnaU can try This http://dotnetslackers.com/articles/xml/Easy-XML-to-SQL-Using-Linq.aspx RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those w...

How to get datasource name dynamically from .txt / .xml file using C#.net 2.0 with Mysql 5.0
I am using C#.Net 2.0 With MySql 5.0. I created a project and it works fine in my machine. But problem occurs when i try to run the project other than my machine. I wrote datasource=mysystem name in connection string. Is it possible to get datasource name dynamically from a text file (*.txt) or from .xml file for MySql.Regards,Tamizhselvi  Add an App.Config file to your project and you can drop a connection string in there like so:  <connectionStrings>    <add name="PICK A NAME" connectionString="YOUR CONNECTION STRING"/>...

XSLT to transform XML into XML in VB.NET
Hello. I need some help with XSLT. We have an XML coming in and I need to transform this XML to a format that we use using XSLT so that future changes in the incoming file are easy to change in the XSLT rather than changing the VB code.This is the sample input file  <MemberReports xsi:schemaLocation="http://developreports/myreport/v1/report.xsd"> <DateCreated>2006-04-15</DateCreated> <MemberReport> <MemberOrganization>MemberOrganization</ReportingOrganization> <Member> <Name> ...

ADO.NET: Database is in use
ADO.NET: Database is in use   Hi dudes, I have an ASP.NET WebApplication Project that has some .aspx pages. And I use ADO.NET to Connect to a Microsoft Access database. (*.mdb)   And I have noticed that: when many users in one time want to view an ASP.NET Page that uses an OleDbConnection to connect to database, it causes an error that database is  already in use.   Here is an example:   Dim ConnStr As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + Server.MapPath("/database.mdb")   Dim Conn As New OleDb.OleDbConnection(ConnStr) Conn.Open...

Problems writing to an XML file
I'm brand new to using XML (in fact this is my first project), so bear with me, I may need a little hand-holding. I'm trying to create a page which simply adds data to an existing xml file. Ultimately it will add the data from a form, but to keep things simple, I've been simply using pre-defined values. Originally I was able to get the script to write the xml exactly as I needed, however it would simply overwrite the existing file every time it was accessed. This is unacceptable, as it will be used to add data to one file, sort of like a mini database. So after much pain and gnashi...

HTTP XML POST .NET

Insert datetime, using ADO.net VB.net
Hello there,I got a little code there are inserting a record into my msSQL database..But i cant insert the datetime, for one reason?The problem is in line 7 () where i want to insert DateTime.Now 1 Protected Sub SendPmTilAfviste(ByVal modtager As String, ByVal festID As String) 2 ' Connection 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection("Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True") 4 conn.Open() 5 6 ' SQL-kommandoen 7 Dim cm...

using xml datasource with a dynamic xml output from a website
hi guys. need help regarding this problem. we're doing a project right now that gets the latest stocks info from a website. we're passing username, password, and a year into a querystring and the website will have an xml output. the problem is that the output looks something like this : http://www.info.net/xml/page.aspx?id=user&pass=23423&year=2006. i'm wondering how i could directly use this in the xmldatasource itself. any ideas?   Hi Use HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse class. You can get xml string as output then you can do whatever you want(deal with xmldatasour...

Using .NET to send XML to Flash
Hey guys  Does anyone have any experience creating an XML schema on a .NET page and then sending the XML to an swf for processing.  What i need to do is query a database and then use the .NET page to ad in some business logic and create the xml and stream it to the swf.  I'm looking for some direction for setting up the possible stream and then on the flash side how to call the .NET and grab the XML. Thanks  Jason You could create a web service that the flash movie the calls via url get oreven post if you wish to interact both ways.  So the flash a...

Web resources about - Trying to use XML to act as a database -> ADO.NET? - asp.net.xml-datasource

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database