Splitting XML file to different XML files

hi,
I have xml file that represent a table , one of the element(column) of the xml represent category..
I want to split the xml file to different xml files base on the categories (each xml file will represent different category).
The question is , if it posible to split the original xml using one xslt file, or i must create different xslt file for each category?

thanks in advance
0
danh74
11/7/2005 11:01:25 AM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

one xslt for each output.

You can also do this with XmlDocument and save it to two seaprate paths.

HTH

Regards,

Rob
0
rmprimo

XML Transform to 1 XML file to another XML File
Hello All  I am a novice programmer. I want to transform 1 xml file to another xml file. I am looking for a example code where user will select source xml file and create another xml file in different file with different fields with some default validation of parsing date and default values.  Can anyone help me or let me know any available source code in C#/ASP.Net?  Ms Disha I am assuming you know xslt, if not, you would have to go look at that.  But if you do, then this document will help you out http://www.csharpfriends.com/Articles/getArticle.aspx?articleID=...

How to Split a XML file to multiple small XML Files
Hello, I am trying to split a XML file to multiple small xml files in vb.net and am trying to get the best possible approach to this. Any help on this will be great... Sample example on what I am trying to do... Source XML document -------------------------- <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <SynchronizationObjectsDocument > <ApplicationArea> <DocId>dea9593b-4c60-4c1a-ab7f-004a4e336ac5</DocId> <CreationDateTime>2004-05-13T21:31:48-04:00</CreationDateTime> </ApplicationArea> &...

Reading a specific node off an XML file, then copying it into a different XML file.
Here's the scenario, I am doing an XML data store of applicants. Once I view the list, which I've done, I want toapprove or deny an entry of my choice. How do I go about approving one node, which, I believe I can specificallyview any one I choose, but then, I want to send the ones I approve to a seperate XML file. Basically, I could doa few things, maybe read the one node I approve to a variable that stores it, then write it to an XML file, I need help. Any would be appreciated on how to do this. How do I go about approving one node?? <APPLICANTLIST>     <APPLIC...

How can i add a xml file to an other xml file?
such as i have a xml file : <item1> <item2> <item3>aaa</item3> <item4>bbb</item4> </item2> <item1> an other one is: <item2> <item3>ccc</item3> <item4>ddd</item4> <item2> i wanted is: <item1> <item2> <item3>aaa</item3> <item4>bbb</item4> </item2> <item2> <item3>ccc</item3> <item4>ddd</item4> <item2> <item1> thanks. You ca...

Load XMl file and read xml file
How do I load and read nodes from the xml file in c#.??? ThankYou Sample code: http://www.kirupa.com/net/reading_xml_directly_pg1.htmJack Yang.NET Developer Here is how you read xml file and loop and display nodesXmlDocument xDoc = new XmlDocument();xDoc.Load(xmlPath); foreach(XmlNode node in xDoc.SelectNodes("//nodeName you want to display")){Response.Write("name: " + node.Attributes["name"].InnerText + " value: " + node.Attributes["value"].InnerText);}...

After download a xml file, why my xml file has been changed?
Protected Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click        Dim fileName As String = Server.MapPath("~/Products.xml")        Response.Clear()         Response.ContentType = "text/xml"        Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" & fileName)                Response.WriteFile(fileName)  ...

Create an XML file from another XML file

Creating XML files with existing XML file format
My XML template file looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <txProductivityUpdate xmlns="RetailerGUI/txProductivityUpdate.xsd"> <header> <session-id>terchymppg2uieynky3pxfuz</session-id> <trancode>113</trancode> <request-timestamp>2003102012540750</request-timestamp> </header> <body> <chn-client>111</chn-client> <chn-customer>11111</chn-customer> <chn-name1>BERGEM, PHYLLIS</chn-name1>...

Need help in making xsl file to transform My given xml file to my needed xml file
 want's to need help in creating an xsl file to transform My current xml file data which is following <NewDataSet> <Table> <Title>MyFirstTitle</Title> <ExtraColumn1>2007-01-12T10:14:00+05:00</ExtraColumn1> <BookNumber>1181013</BookNumber> <CompanyName>TestComany1</CompanyName> <ZipCode>91006</ZipCode> <City>Arcadia</City> <State>CA</State> <Country>US</Country> <Description>TestDescription1</Description> <ExtraColumn2>See Book Description</ExtraCo...

XML datasource from external website XML file
Hi all i need to extract some data into a page on my website, but the xml file is on different web server, not in our bunch, but out in the ether.is it possible to use this file as a datsource directly, or is there some security issue, and i have to grab it and use it locally...??? the file has been put somewhere it can be accessed with a web browseras this file changes on a daily basis, i would also like to automate the daily retrieval, i'm assuming this is something not too simple either. as you would need a service or something to fire up at a specific time each day?! any he...

Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework about state management and serialization problem, it works OK with one XML file but fails with another XML file
I use Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework , you can see details at http://blogs.msdn.com/alexgor/archive/2008/10/27/microsoft-chart-control-for-net-framework-released.aspx The Chart1 is load data from a xml and save to ViewStateData, so even if after I click Reload button, the chart1 still display OK! I'm very strange that the chart1 works well after click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Load(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/Template/1.xml"));but chart1 don't display fter click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Loa...

update an xml file from an existing xml file on local machine?
Hi this could be complicated so I hope I explain what I want clearly...I have an rss feed displaying on an aspx page. The rss feed is on a remote server and this server has gone offline sometimes. When this happens, it makes my page do bad things.Is there a way I can still use this rss feed but to create another xml document locally that uses all the data and feeds from the remote file?In short I want THAT data HERE but but i want a saved version on my machine, is it possible?If I have made a mess of explaining please ask for clarification.In advance ThanksNeil  i fixeed it...

How to read XML file that's not of .xml file type?
In my app, I'm getting an error because the XML file I'm accessing is not of the .xml file type. The file I'm accessing is: http://p.moreover.com/cgi-local/page?c=ASP%20news&o=xml_1 Is there anyway I can work around this to make the file accesible? The line of code I'm using to read the XML file is below FS = New FileStream("http://p.moreover.com/cgi-local/page?c=ASP%20news&o=xml_1",FileMode.Open,FileAccess.Read) 'prince I don't think you can open file via HTTP using FileStream. FileStream works with file system paths. Try HttpWebRequest instead (HttpWe...

transform one xml file into xml file with another format?
 I want to transform one xml file into xml file with another format, can I use xslt to realize it? Please give me one good sample.Thanks. Hi, Yes you can use xsl to do this. See this article http://www.w3schools.com/XML/xml_xsl.asp for more information. In the artile the xsl transforms xml into html. similarly you can transform xml to another format xml using xsl  Please mark post as answer if it helped youMy Blog...

Web resources about - Splitting XML file to different XML files - asp.net.xml-datasource

Splitting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Splitting XML Well with XSLT 2
I recently had the need to split up a result set from a Solr query into a collection of smaller groups of add requests for POSTing into a different ...

Profile Redesign: Facebook Considering Splitting Feed and Wall Tabs
As most Facebook Platform developers are aware, a major ongoing project at Facebook right now is the profile redesign. While the redesigned profile ...

Billr: Bill Splitting at the Table on the App Store on iTunes
Get Billr: Bill Splitting at the Table on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Splitting of the moon ولقد يسرنا القرآن للذكر فهل من مدكر - YouTube
54. Surat Al-Qamar (The Moon, 55 verses) by Ahmad bin Ali Al-Ajmi Sahih al-Bukhari ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chapter: The splitting of the moon (into ...

Harley Bennell: it's time to stop splitting hairs
From club, players' association and AFL, the message was identical: our concern right now is only with the welfare of Harley Bennell.

The union inquiry is splitting the Coalition in two
Big companies are just as much to blame as unions for lowering productivity but some conservatives' black-and-white view of IR could get in the ...

Cyclist says he was booby trapped after helmet-splitting injury
... `booby trapped'. A cyclist believes he was booby-trapped after he crashed on a bike path near his Tuggeranong house on Wednesday morning, splitting ...

League's split loyalties enough to bring on a splitting headache
Braith Anasta is the latest NRL player to go behind enemy lines, writes Richard Hinds. -

Stephen Fry review: QI host's live show Telling Tales more a sermon than side-splitting stand-up
While Stephen Fry is a talented storyteller, I couldn't help but feel at times I was sitting in a university lecture, or even a sermon.