presenting XML/XSLT data within a Web control

How do I redirect Code generated by XSL transform of an XML document to a Web control?

The Response.Write writes it to the entire screen , not a particular web control
A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. -- Proverbs 18:16

0
chayil
9/3/2004 9:36:25 AM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Use the asp:Xml control.
Kirk Allen Evans [MSFT]
0
kaevans

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

reading data from xml service or xml datasource
Hi, I'm trying to figure out a way to import data (but not export to, I'm just trying to get their news section) from an external db (SqlServer 2000 or 2005) to a gridview and detailsview on my site (resides at a web host). I spoke to the organisation that owns the external db and they are willing to look into several solutions, whitout giving out their db password etc. Not suprisingly, I was reccomended using a web service. However, I believe I need to install stuff in order to enable one, and so, it won't be able for me (I guess), because of my web host's limitations. Instead, I am now t...

XSLT to transform XML into XML in VB.NET
Hello. I need some help with XSLT. We have an XML coming in and I need to transform this XML to a format that we use using XSLT so that future changes in the incoming file are easy to change in the XSLT rather than changing the VB code.This is the sample input file  <MemberReports xsi:schemaLocation="http://developreports/myreport/v1/report.xsd"> <DateCreated>2006-04-15</DateCreated> <MemberReport> <MemberOrganization>MemberOrganization</ReportingOrganization> <Member> <Name> ...

XMl to XML

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

Ubuntu Install: The local XML file './data/bugzilla-update.xml' cannot be created. Please make sure the web server can write in this directory and that you can access the web. If you are behind a prox
Hello list, I found the fix for this on SELinux via http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/lRMFnx3hwvEaH6nROdxg but I cannot find the way to adapt its findings to my Ubuntu install. /public_html/bugzilla# uname -a Linux hfs 2.6.35.4-rscloud #8 SMP Mon Sep 20 15:54:33 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux drwxrwx--- 7 root www-data 4096 May 22 17:45 data Thanks! -- Ryan ...

How do i display xml data to aspx if both xml and xslt reside in database and not a file
I only find examples using files for xslt and xml data. In our case we use a different xslt depending on where the data comes from. So we pull the xml and xslt from different database tables and store each in their own dataset. Can someone show me exactly how I would display the xml data using the associated stylesheet on to an aspx page when they are NOT files. Thank you. yea i have exactly the same issue. I wanted to use XSLT to help separate the code from the html but gave up because i couldn't successfully use it with data from SQL 2000. I now use ASCX 'custom cont...

XML referencing an external CSS - Using Xml web control
Hi, I found I could get a CSS stylesheet to format the content of an XML file, referenced as the source in an Xml control added to a web form, when browsed in FireFox.  I can't get it done in IE.  The looking at the  page source in both browsers, it looks the same. Does anyone know why this is so?  Any way to reference a CSS stylesheet with the Xml control (asp:Xml)?  Thanks for any help.  BRN.....

Export data in xml file from a web control.
i use a web service in which it will show information on a web page which was in <xml> tag format, i question is that how will i use this information to bind a grid view, can i use xml, if it works that how can i export information into a xml file, currently i am store information in a label.can any one short out me from this problem. thankx in advance. Apekshit SharmaWeb DeveloperQBit-Systems  Hi Apekshit,Please follow following steps to show xml data in your form.Step-1 Store xml which u get from web service response to any xml file.Step-2 Take XmlDataSource con...

how i retrieve data from sql server into xml and sent the xml though web service?
hi all, i am newer in web service and xml.i have meet up this problem.i want to write a function for sending xml to web service.1st i need to retrieve data from sql server, but i dont know how to write it in a xml,any sample code for me, convert data into xml, and send the xml by string?    private static void GetCustomerRecord()        {            StringBuilder builder = new StringBuilder();            SqlConnection con = new SqlCon...

Xslt required to transform the current xml to the specified xml format for the treeview control
hi , i am using the IE web controls treeview to populate a hierarchy.i an using this xslt <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version='1.0'>  <xsl:template match="/SOAP-ENV:Envelope">    <TREENODES>      <xsl:for-each select="a1:TreeNode">        <treenode>          <xsl:attribute name="Text">          </xsl:attribute>      ...

Problem loading an xml string containing xml data into XML document
 Hi all,I have a problem loading an xml string containing xml response data returned by other server(spatial server) into XML document some times becoz the returned xml response contains special chars like <, >, ', etc.Is there any way to parse this XML response string before loading into XML document. Hi Bharath, if you can't find a ready made one you can write one yourself. Parse the string that you get for the elements that it would contain and inject the CDATA element between them to allow special character. example if you have a string <childNode>This con...

xml to xml applying xslt ?
I have the following that gets XML from a url and displays it within a datagrid. XmlDataDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDataDocument();xmlDoc.Load("http://mydomain.com/Search?Parameters"); XmlDataDocument xdoc = new XmlDataDocument();xdoc.DataSet.ReadXml(new StringReader(xmlDoc.InnerXml)); DataView dv = new DataView();dv = xdoc.DataSet.Tables["result"].DefaultView;dv.Sort = "price";dg1.DataSource = dv;dg1.DataBind();What I want to do now is transform the XML document to a different structurue before I bind it to the DataGrid. I have my xslt that will do the transformation (Trans.xslt); ...

Web resources about - presenting XML/XSLT data within a Web control - asp.net.xml-datasource

Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica is an album by the girl group The Ronettes , produced by Phil Spector , Philles 4006 (mono), ...

BeamAir - mobile presenting on the App Store on iTunes
Get BeamAir - mobile presenting on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Bill Gates presenting the first prize award to California Institute of Technology at the Reinvent the ...
Bill Gates presenting the first prize award to California Institute of Technology at the Reinvent the Toilet Challenge at the Reinvent the Toilet ...

Presenting GOAL!: Köbberling & Kaltwasser - YouTube
In July 2011 Berlin Artist duo Köbberling & Kaltwasser built GOAL!, a finishing post on the Greenway by the View Tube for cyclists and pedestrians ...

Retiring MP Charlie Lynn: Liberal Party presenting a 'sliced white bread ticket'
Charlie Lynn said he is prepared to vote against his own party in the upper house in protest at the lack of female candidates.

MP, councillor presenting petition locked out of Executive Building
A Queensland MP, Brisbane City councillor and a community representative have been dramatically locked out of Queensland's Executive Building ...

Dim-witted TV dads not presenting a true picture
PARENTS have criticised the "casual contempt" shown for fathers on TV programs and in advertising, which invariably depict them as hapless and ...

Presenting the Labor leopard: spot the difference
Does this look like a bunch of happy campers capable of running the nation? Hardly.

James Holmes trial: Defence rests after presenting insanity case
The defence in the Colorado cinema shooting trial has rested after trying to show gunman James Holmes was legally insane at the time of the 2012 ...

Why you suck at Presenting. And how to stop it!
By Peter Mosley Have a gander at this before you read this post … Welcome back! I have stood by that theory of presenting for decades. Why? Because ...