Newbie Question - Getting started with XML for .Net

I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files?

Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET.
Thx Mark
0
progmarkie
12/9/2004 8:43:34 AM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Thanks, this is very helpful.

What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well?
Thx Mark
0
progmarkie
12/10/2004 11:59:44 AM
You dont need to define any schema.
Sonu Kapoor [MVP]
Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum
0
sonukapoor

Problems writing to an XML file
I'm brand new to using XML (in fact this is my first project), so bear with me, I may need a little hand-holding. I'm trying to create a page which simply adds data to an existing xml file. Ultimately it will add the data from a form, but to keep things simple, I've been simply using pre-defined values. Originally I was able to get the script to write the xml exactly as I needed, however it would simply overwrite the existing file every time it was accessed. This is unacceptable, as it will be used to add data to one file, sort of like a mini database. So after much pain and gnashi...

xml schema newbie:Question about creation in VS.NET
Hi there, This is my first post so pardon my any ignorance on my behalf. I'm trying to create an XML schema for my web application in VS.NET. I have made the schema ok but when I try to add constraints (keys or relational) in the design view, either the options (from the tool bar)don't let me drag and drop or the item in the drop down menu is deactivated so I can't use them. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance, Mark Please do not reply further to this question as I have now resolved it - thanks...

XSLT to transform XML into XML in VB.NET
Hello. I need some help with XSLT. We have an XML coming in and I need to transform this XML to a format that we use using XSLT so that future changes in the incoming file are easy to change in the XSLT rather than changing the VB code.This is the sample input file  <MemberReports xsi:schemaLocation="http://developreports/myreport/v1/report.xsd"> <DateCreated>2006-04-15</DateCreated> <MemberReport> <MemberOrganization>MemberOrganization</ReportingOrganization> <Member> <Name> ...

.NET XML attribute question
I'm creating a Soap Envelope and I've run into a small problem.  Here is some code : Dim se as New SoapEnvelope se.loadXml(xmlStr) Dim rootElem as XmlElement = se.DocumentElement rootElem.SetAttribute("version", "2.0") rootElem.SetAttribute("xmlns:xsi", "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance") rootElem.SetAttribute("xsi:schemaLocation","http://somewhere.com") ' More elements added here  When the Docuement is created and saved it is missing the "xsi" prefix on the schemaLocation attribute.  So instead of  xsi:schemaLocation="blah blah blah" , I...

HTTP XML POST .NET

XMl to XML

tool in vs.net to generate xml documentation for vb.net
hello i need a tool in vs.net to generate xml documentation for vb.net thank you for the help and for the time Check out the VB.NET add-in for XML comments.Regards,Alex hello thank you for the support i click the link add-in and the page that has been opened does not have relation what i want Click around in the workspaces area. I think they are redirecting to the 'site update' page no matter what you go to initially. Once you've visited a couple pages, try the link again as it works fine.Regards,Alex...

ADO.NET(XML) Datasource missing
Well something has transpired with the ADO.NET(XML) Datasource, it is disappearing off our machines! We’ve been messing around with .NET 2.0 but I’m not sure that this is related.  When we try to validate tables we get “The database DLL ‘crdb_adoplus.dll’ could not be loaded. Just to clarify we are using Crystal Reports 9 Developer Edition, with the cr90dbexwin_en.exe patch to fix issues with the crdb_adoplus.dll   We’ve tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Crystal with no luck.. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

save XML question and modifing XML question
I am reading a XML file then making changes and then saving it as another name.  I am saving it as another name because I get an "object not found" ?What is the best way to make changes to a XML file? Below is my code.  Also is there another way to add cdata.      Set onode = objXML.createNode("element", "Camp", "")    objXML.documentElement.appendChild(onode)       Set objNewChild = objXML.createElement("xxxxxxx")       objNewChild.Text = "<![CDATA[" + xxxx + "]]"       onod...

XML and .Net
Hi all, Say .... what XML tools work great with .Net? I need to find tools that will work with Creating Web Services in .Net or some tutorials on how to create ... XML Web Services Web Services toggled with SOAP and UDDI thx, Ed Click on "Tutorials" above, and then "Writing a Simple XML Web service" on the left side See if my article helps you http://www.w3coder.com/ws/WSGWBook/WebServGW-01.XML I specifically written this for beginners!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

xml question for xml::twig

How to read XML in .NET app
Hi everyone, I really need your help! I'm using VB.Net 2003. I created a sql stored proc using FOR XML Explicit method which returns something like this but much, much longer : <Customer CompanyName="Centro comercial Moctezuma"><Order OrderDate="1996-07-18T00:00:00"><Item Quantity="10" ProductName="Soap"/>. I now need to read and parse it in .NET so I can use these individual values in the code.  So far I came up with this code but not sure where to go next...or wthether this is the right approach at all. I appreciate your help!! Thanks, ikap ...

How to Verify Digital Signature containing in the attached xml (using signed Xml )in .NET 2.0
Hi,  I have one certificate (.cer file) . i have a signed xml file using that I have to verify this xml's signature given by them. My question is : How to verify Digital Signature using that signed xml file  I  install my certificate before using it and then should I use any the .Net API I would appreciate if someone could tell me after receiving the digitally signed xml file and cerificate file, how I should verify the Digital Signature using Signed xml?1 <XMLDigitalSignature> 2 <name Id="#8055475">sd</name> 3 - &...

Web resources about - Newbie Question - Getting started with XML for .Net - asp.net.xml-datasource

Andrew Robb trade trip with former Nash staffer Alastair Furnival raises questions
Labor Senator Penny Wong says inclusion of former junk food lobbyist in trade delegation raises &quot;serious questions about integrity of the ...

Facebook’s Helen Crossley on the 3 Big Mobile-Commerce Questions
Mobile grabbed hold of the holiday shopping season in 2014, and there is no reason to believe that trend won’t continue this year. Helen Crossley ...

Submit Your Questions For Autoblog Podcast #456
Filed under: Podcasts On Episode #456 of the Autoblog Podcast, we'll discuss our drive of the Mazda CX-9, Volkswagen's TDI fix, and this week's ...

‘The Walking Dead’ episode 7: A heart-pounding answer to ‘the Glenn question’
The seventh episode of The Walking Dead season 6 aired last night, and it had an interesting overall theme: people need saving. Unexpectedly, ...

Housing Rebound Didn't Lift Economy as Much as Economists Expected: Why?; Six Questions for Zandi
Home prices are nearly back to where they were before the crash. In some places, home prices are above where they were at the peak of the national ...

Real question: did Brad Pitt wear a ’90s wiglet at ‘The Big Short’ premiere?
Brad Pitt could potentially have a film at the Oscars this year. NO, not By the Sea . His real Oscar-bait film this year is The Big Short , which ...

Want a job at Apple? Here are 10 of the toughest interview questions
We alternately praise and criticize the folks at Apple depending on whether they just created the iPhone or Apple Maps, but there’s no doubting ...

Trump questions Hillary's 'stamina,' apparently unaware of her marathon Benghazi hearing
Donald Trump will find a new criticism of Hillary Clinton soon because his latest one is downright ludicrous. In an appearance on ABC’s “This ...

Lisa Vanderpump Is the Latest 'RHOBH' Star to Question Yolanda Foster's Lyme Disease
Lisa Vanderpump Is the Latest 'RHOBH' Star to Question Yolanda Foster's Lyme Disease