How to write a xml file to another computer using path like this \\Server5\XML\XMLTest.xml?

Hi Guys,

How can I write a xml file that read from a dataset to another computer in our network?
something like this path "\\Server5\XML\XMLTest.xml"

I am using below code to write xml file.
            // create a file name to write to.
            string filename = "\\Server5\XML\XMLTest.xml";

            // create the FileStream to write with.
            System.IO.FileStream xmlFileStream = new System.IO.FileStream(filename, System.IO.FileMode.Create);

            // create an XmlTextWriter with the fileStream.
            System.Xml.XmlTextWriter xtw = new System.Xml.XmlTextWriter(xmlFileStream, null);

Thank you very much for your help.... Very much appreciated...
0
justindongqiang
4/5/2006 5:02:54 PM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

XML Transform to 1 XML file to another XML File
Hello All  I am a novice programmer. I want to transform 1 xml file to another xml file. I am looking for a example code where user will select source xml file and create another xml file in different file with different fields with some default validation of parsing date and default values.  Can anyone help me or let me know any available source code in C#/ASP.Net?  Ms Disha I am assuming you know xslt, if not, you would have to go look at that.  But if you do, then this document will help you out http://www.csharpfriends.com/Articles/getArticle.aspx?articleID=...

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

XMl to XML

write xml file using xml control
Hi Guys, Environment: asp.net 2.0  Lang:vb.net   I am trying to create a xml file using xml control at rumtime. I have a asp:xml control with DocumentSource property set to xml file myFile.xml. myFile.xml: <myRoot>          <EMPLOYEE>               <FNAME></FNAME>               <LNAME></LNAME>         &nbs...

Create an XML file from another XML file

Problems writing to an XML file
I'm brand new to using XML (in fact this is my first project), so bear with me, I may need a little hand-holding. I'm trying to create a page which simply adds data to an existing xml file. Ultimately it will add the data from a form, but to keep things simple, I've been simply using pre-defined values. Originally I was able to get the script to write the xml exactly as I needed, however it would simply overwrite the existing file every time it was accessed. This is unacceptable, as it will be used to add data to one file, sort of like a mini database. So after much pain and gnashi...

Writing to XML using XML::Writer

Using the ID from 1 XML to get the Name in another XML-file

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

transform one xml file into xml file with another format?
 I want to transform one xml file into xml file with another format, can I use xslt to realize it? Please give me one good sample.Thanks. Hi, Yes you can use xsl to do this. See this article http://www.w3schools.com/XML/xml_xsl.asp for more information. In the artile the xsl transforms xml into html. similarly you can transform xml to another format xml using xsl  Please mark post as answer if it helped youMy Blog...

Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework about state management and serialization problem, it works OK with one XML file but fails with another XML file
I use Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework , you can see details at http://blogs.msdn.com/alexgor/archive/2008/10/27/microsoft-chart-control-for-net-framework-released.aspx The Chart1 is load data from a xml and save to ViewStateData, so even if after I click Reload button, the chart1 still display OK! I'm very strange that the chart1 works well after click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Load(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/Template/1.xml"));but chart1 don't display fter click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Loa...

XML Manipulation (Read, Write, Update, Searching XML file like we do in SQL query)
 Hi ,I want to make a ASP.NET application which contains XML file as the data container(I am not using any Database like MS SQL Server or MS Access.)I want to enter new data in the xml file through ASP.NET.I also want to search the existing data in xml file (like we search data using select clause in SQL and The XML file is going to contain 1000s of tupples).I want to update a particular (tupple) fields of that XML file using ASP.NET.(Actually I don't want to use data grid for this). Regards,Himanshu   Hi himanshuweb2 , Edit XML files using a GridViewhttp://www.codeproj...

XML datasource from external website XML file
Hi all i need to extract some data into a page on my website, but the xml file is on different web server, not in our bunch, but out in the ether.is it possible to use this file as a datsource directly, or is there some security issue, and i have to grab it and use it locally...??? the file has been put somewhere it can be accessed with a web browseras this file changes on a daily basis, i would also like to automate the daily retrieval, i'm assuming this is something not too simple either. as you would need a service or something to fire up at a specific time each day?! any he...

Replace a node from 1 xml file with a node from another xml file

Web resources about - How to write a xml file to another computer using path like this \\Server5\XML\XMLTest.xml? - asp.net.xml-datasource

Computer Show

Scientists teach computers how to learn like humans
US scientists create a computer model that enables computers to recognise and draw simple alphabet symbols that are indistinguishable from those ...

How fast is Google's quantum computer compared to a PC?
... labs can sometimes find that they just don’t have enough computing power available to them. This is despite Google owning powerful computers ...

Facebook is giving away a powerful new technology for building smart computers
... new fields in tech: machine learning and artificial intelligence. Facebook is giving away for free some hardware designs that make computers ...

NASA stays mum on its quantum computer security
The D-Wave 2X quantum computer at NASA's Advanced Supercomputing facility in Silicon Valley is an impressive machine. Engineers from NASA and ...

UC under pressure to count high school computer science toward math requirement
UC under pressure to count high school computer science toward math requirement Contra Costa Times Romeo Pittman, 15, left, and Chris Arrington ...

Scientists teach computers to learn simple ideas faster – like humans
... University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology have developed an algorithm that dramatically cuts back on the time it takes for computers ...

Google’s mind-bending quantum computer actually works
... sci-fi nerds lose sleep in fear of the robot apocalypse. The breakthrough sounds simple, but it has massive implications: The quantum computer ...