Having trouble with reading an XML doc on a secure website...anyone seen this before?

Here is my code:

Dim httpsPath As String = "https://infomanager.southernco.com/IM/modules/FldSrvcReports/FSRTree.igproj"
Dim myTreeXmlReader As New System.Xml.XmlTextReader(httpsPath)
Dim myTreeXmlDoc As New System.Xml.XmlDocument
Try
myTreeXmlDoc.Load(myTreeXmlReader)
Catch ex As Exception
Response.Write(ex.Message)
End Try
I get the following exception: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
The weird thing is...it works fine on my local dev server (the FSRTree.igproj page comes right up)...but it won't work when I put it out on the secure https server...can't seem to access that file anymore...Any Ideas?
0
nebrown1
8/4/2004 6:39:54 PM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

XML datasource from external website XML file
Hi all i need to extract some data into a page on my website, but the xml file is on different web server, not in our bunch, but out in the ether.is it possible to use this file as a datsource directly, or is there some security issue, and i have to grab it and use it locally...??? the file has been put somewhere it can be accessed with a web browseras this file changes on a daily basis, i would also like to automate the daily retrieval, i'm assuming this is something not too simple either. as you would need a service or something to fire up at a specific time each day?! any he...

reading data from xml service or xml datasource
Hi, I'm trying to figure out a way to import data (but not export to, I'm just trying to get their news section) from an external db (SqlServer 2000 or 2005) to a gridview and detailsview on my site (resides at a web host). I spoke to the organisation that owns the external db and they are willing to look into several solutions, whitout giving out their db password etc. Not suprisingly, I was reccomended using a web service. However, I believe I need to install stuff in order to enable one, and so, it won't be able for me (I guess), because of my web host's limitations. Instead, I am now t...

trouble with reading from XML then saving to DB because of XML format

using xml datasource with a dynamic xml output from a website
hi guys. need help regarding this problem. we're doing a project right now that gets the latest stocks info from a website. we're passing username, password, and a year into a querystring and the website will have an xml output. the problem is that the output looks something like this : http://www.info.net/xml/page.aspx?id=user&pass=23423&year=2006. i'm wondering how i could directly use this in the xmldatasource itself. any ideas?   Hi Use HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse class. You can get xml string as output then you can do whatever you want(deal with xmldatasour...

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

XMl to XML

How to: Include XML in an XML doc?

xml read Error (while reading xml file with foriegn characters)
------=_Part_71356_21654157.1168239182303 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Hi Guru, I have a problem with reading xml file which has foriegn characters (like plut=F4t) using xml::Simple. I get xml read error. Then I included encoding=3Diso8859-1 at the top of xml file. I am able to read the xml file , but the characters are changed to plut?t instead of plut=F4t, Because of this my test fails. I need to change the file to UTF-8 format. If I include encoding=3D"U...

bind xml doc to datagrid,how to update the changes to xml doc
when i use DataSet.writexml(filename), i want to write the DataSet to the file "filename", but the new data is add to the end of the "filename",but i want to update the file. DataSet ds = new DataSet(); ds.readxml("d:\\aa.xml"); and then i binddata the ds to DataGrid,i edit the DataGrid i want to update the file,so i use ds.writexml("d:\\aa.xml"); but the new data add to the end of aa.xml how can i update the aa.xml but not add to the end of file if anyone advise other sln ,i will very appreciated. help, thank...

Has anyone found a simple Tutorial on reading an XML file in VB.NET?
I'm trying to convert Classic ASP pages into ASP.NET. I have used quite a few XML files as datastores for a low-hit website where they work magnificently in Classic ASP. I have searched the web and cannot find a simple tutorial that explains to me clearly how I read them into a .NET page using VB.NET. I want full control over the placement of the data in the elements they contain. I don't want to use a dataset. I navigated the DOM in Classic ASP and put the elements' contents into variables. I didn't even need a Schema to make the setup work perfectly. I had full control over how I could...

Reading XML when no XML present for xmlnode...
Hello: I load an xml document to read, the documents vary in form and shape from each xml file to the next. I run the following: rootnode2.SelectSingleNode("//dt_array/item[@key='2']/dt_assoc/item[@key='name']") It returns the 'name' When I run the same statement but change the key='3' it throws an error since in the xml document there is not key='3'. But some documents will include the key='3' and some will not, how do I work around this? I tried the following which failed to work... If rootnode2.SelectSingleNode("//dt_array/item[@key='3']/dt_assoc/item...

XML reading from xml file but not from webpage
Hi, The following code works fine when reading from an xml file:    xmlfile = Server.MapPath("xml") & "\Jobs.xml" But when I try to read from an external xml source it gives an error: The given path's format is not supported. xmlfile = Server.MapPath("xml") & http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ Can anyone help? Thanks. Clare   Server.MapPath maps to local resources. In your case, it maps the physical path to the xml folder and looks for Jobs.xml inside that. To get data from an an external source, take a look at the XmlDocument class, specifically the Load()...

read XML tag in XML file
Is there a way to read the XML tags being sent in an XML file? I can import the data fine, but I need to check for a certain XML tag. ...

New to XML (how to read xml file)
I want to read the following XML file....could you give me the code how to do this....this will help me alot ..<siteMapNode1>    <siteMapNode2 url="url1" title="title1"  description="desc1" />    <siteMapNode2 url="url2" title="title2"  description="desc2" /></siteMapNode1>thanks a lot in advance...........  check this link, it might contain what you are looking for. http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/doc/Xml/ReadXMLFile.aspx    thanks du...

Web resources about - Having trouble with reading an XML doc on a secure website...anyone seen this before? - asp.net.xml-datasource

The Troubles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in Northern Ireland which spilled over at various times into England, the Republic of Ireland , and mainland Europe . The duration of the Troubles ...

App Store - Temple Trouble
Get Temple Trouble on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

trouble - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
You can see him kneading the styrofoam peanuts he loves them so much...

The Ulster Troubles (Part 17 of 24) - YouTube
The Troubles consisted of about 30 years of repeated acts of intense violence between elements of Northern Ireland's Nationalist community (principally ...

The trouble with being Chris Gayle - it all comes down to respect
You da man, Chris Gayle. You people have such lovely big smiles, the way your teeth and your own sparkly eyes shine out in the night-time, you're ...

The Trouble With Bar Results
Finger-pointing at the bar exam taker and law school is fun, but we need a deeper understanding of where the problems lie.

With New Hire, Edelman Tries To Move Past Troubles of Previous China CEO
PR giant Edelman has named a new CEO for China as it tries to move past an episode involving its previous top executive in China, who was caught ...

Industry will reach 'peak auto' in 2016, but trouble ahead
Filed under: 2016 Detroit Auto Show , Car Buying , Car Dealers , North America ​There's never been a better time to be in the business of selling ...

Sharing ransomware code for educational purposes is asking for trouble
... It says that "even with the best intentions, improper disclosure of sensitive information can lead to complicated, and sometimes even troublesome ...

Trouble in "Serial" land?
The prodigious podcast is suddenly switching to every other week — apparently so they can absorb all the criticism, do more research, procure ...