From DateTime to xs:dateTime (and back)

This is the kind of thing my XML field is expecting:

   2005-11-21T20:31:43.000-00:00

How do i get a DateTime variable to that so i can put it into my XML file?!?

Thank you! - Callam

0
Callam
11/21/2005 9:22:46 PM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can anyone answer this?!
0
Callam

Issue when converting XML dateTime to .NET DateTime
Hi, I am experiencing an issue when deserializing XML dateTime nodes in ASP.NET in some timezones. The construct 0001-01-01T00:00:00.0000000+ZZ:ZZ where ZZ:ZZ is the timezone offset for the timezone on the current system should produce a DateTime value equalling the constant DateTime.MinValue when converted. This works some of the time, such as for the Paris time offset of +1: (CDate("0001-01-01T00:00:00.0000000+01:00") = DateTime.MinValue) = True But does not work for Sydney time offset of +10: (CDate("0001-01-01T00:00:00.0000000+10:00") = DateTime....

.NET DateTime and SQL Server DateTime problem
.NET DateTime and SQL Server DateTime problem  I have the following if statement in an SQL stored procedure: IF (@Image = 1 AND @DateTimeUploaded = (SELECT ImageMainDateTime FROM Images WHERE UserID = @UserID))   The value of the @DateTimeUpdated variable was taken from the ImageMainDateTime field when the data was requested by a ASP.NET webpage and is passed back here when that page is submitted so I can compare what the DateTime was when the data was requested with what it is now, in other words I’m doing a concurrency check (I can’t use TimeStamp for many reasons, ...

As DateTime = DateTime.Now....
Hello: I have a process that runs and would like to preserve the computer time inside of the variable when the process finishes. Using this method Dim dtDateTimeVar As DateTime = DateTime.Now the information inside the variable does not stay static and keeps changing with the time... what can I do to work around this?Need ASP.NET web hosting? Private Message me for a free quote. I have even tried something like this... Dim dtDateTimeVar as DateTime = DateTime.Now Dim varOldTime as String varoldtime = dtDateTimeVar It still gets the current time instead of the...

Datetime to xsd:datetime
Dear all, i need to create a datetime variable with this format: "2003-02-04T13:58:59.9999999+03:00"? i need the variable in Datetime format not string format.. Thanks. Cisatlantic: Dear all, i need to create a datetime variable with this format: "2003-02-04T13:58:59.9999999+03:00"? i need the variable in Datetime format not string format.. Thanks. So what's the problem?  If you declare a variable as a datetime it will serialize in the above format automatically, and the calling objects will treat it as a date when it receives it. no problems, it worked, thanks...

Convert .NET DateTime format to SQL DateTime format
Hi!!I'd like to know if there is a function to convert the DateTime format used in C# (VS2005) : dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm:ss to the format used in SQL Databases: yyyymmdd HH:mm:ssThanks folks!...

DateTime::TimeZone::Lite and DateTime::TimeZone::Olson::XS
Two thoughts on the TimeZone issue: 1. Create DateTime::TimeZone::Lite. - This would return a subset of the Olson data that assumed the current rules extend infinitely in both directions. - This would not be a prereq, or be installed by DateTime itself. - I suggest we might make this assumption on the grounds that we already make a similar assumption with DateTime: The Gregorian Calendar wasn't used back at the year 0, but DateTime assumes it does. 2. Create DateTime::TimeZone::Olson::XS - The Olson Database is already an open-source, free distributable C library, would we...

convert an sql datetime column to .net datetime data type in front end...?
I have a field (ldate) in a table that typically displays data in the following format:2007-11-12 20:30:47.000In the front end I want the time and the date separately. But as I try to cast it to a datetime object it is giving me a System.NullReferenceException. What I tried to do was just this: Protected Sub gvTopics_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles gvTopics.RowDataBound Dim img As Image = gvTopics.FindControl("imgIcon") Dim lbDate, lbTime As Label lbDate = gvTopics.FindControl(...

DateTime in XS
I've started reimplementing some of the core math in XS. If people want to review the C code and tell me how it sucks, that'd be cool ;) -dave /*======================= House Absolute Consulting www.houseabsolute.com =======================*/ > I've started reimplementing some of the core math in XS. If people want > to review the C code and tell me how it sucks, that'd be cool ;) Are you planning on requiring XS for DT or also maintaining a pure Perl implementation? -J On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Joshua Hoblitt wrote: > > I've started rei...

ole datetime to any to pb datetime
hi, I'm having a bit of a problem with PB and an OLE server that we use. The server is written in C++ and conforms to all rules for an OLE server. Mostly it works fine it just that it just doesn't seem possible to get a datetime back to PB. The OLE object returns data of a 'variant' type, this is assigned to an any variable. This any variable is then converted to a datetime. All we get back then is the date, it skips the time portion. We have tried doing the same thing in both VB and Perl and it works fine. It would appear that PB doesn't support datetime in the s...

datetime.now and server datetime ?
hi how can i get datetime of server without storedprocedure ? my code is below in *.aspx.vb DateTime.Now() ThanksMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) oguzkaygun: hi how can i get datetime of server without storedprocedure ? my code is below in *.aspx.vb DateTime.Now() Thanks Dim dt As Date = Date.Now Dim strtime As String = dt.ToShortTimeString()  MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets  I don't see what's wrong with what you have. The code you posted does exac...

Insert datetime, using ADO.net VB.net
Hello there,I got a little code there are inserting a record into my msSQL database..But i cant insert the datetime, for one reason?The problem is in line 7 () where i want to insert DateTime.Now 1 Protected Sub SendPmTilAfviste(ByVal modtager As String, ByVal festID As String) 2 ' Connection 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection("Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True") 4 conn.Open() 5 6 ' SQL-kommandoen 7 Dim cm...

Converting Sql DateTime to C# DateTime
Is there a quick and easy way to convert a DateTime value retrieved from a SQL 2005 query to a C# DateTime datatype?I can change my query to use sql's datepart function to return separate YYYY, MM and DD values and then use the right constructor to create a C# DateTime datatype but I'm just wondering if there's some C# method that will do the conversion for me. Thanks.  If the column in SQL is declared as a datetime then it is real easy to convert it to a .NET datetime object.e.g.lets assume you have a datarow which is a record retrieved from the database and the datetime ...

compare c# datetime with sqlserver datetime
hi alli need to compare the date of a datetime from c# with the date of datetime in sqlserver 2005 and similarly the time parts of each respectivelyhow do i go about it? Thanks and RegardsNimesh PrabhakarMark this post as "ANSWER", if it helped you..  You want to compare date time in sql script means in stored procedure or on .net page ?If this post helps you, please mark it as Answer.Cheers,Muhammad Rizwan JavedSr .Net DeveloperAim 168, Dubai, UAE.  i want to pass date values and time values separately from c# to a stored procedure and it should return a table a...

DateTime::Format::Pg and DateTime+DBI
I know we've got ::Format::MySQL out there, but I use PostGreSQL .. has anyone started ::Format::Pg yet? If not I'll do it in the morning (should be about five minutes work AFAICT!) -also- As we have at least one DBI Guru here, are there any plans to get DBI to return DateTime objects for Date/Time fields? If not should there be? Or should we look at creating DBD::Pg-DateTime etc? I for one would be turning every date field from the database into a DateTime object and it would be great if it could be handled by DBI/DBD. Cheers! Rick -- -------------------------...