appending to existing xml file using vb.net/c#

hie

does anyone know how to append a record to an XML file that already exists using vb.net or c#.
If i have an xml file like

<order date="20/6/2006">
<orderID>123</orderID>
<CustomerID>23</CustomerID>
<TotalCost>£1200</Totalcost>
</order>

and i want to add another record below this one programmatically.

Thanks
tawanda is online now
0
magik
7/21/2006 10:16:50 AM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

if you se XmlDocument, look for XmlNode.Clone or XmlNode.CloneNode. With these you can make a copy of the node's structure, then you just need to set the values of respective elements and save the XmlDocument.

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke

How to get datasource name dynamically from .txt / .xml file using C#.net 2.0 with Mysql 5.0
I am using C#.Net 2.0 With MySql 5.0. I created a project and it works fine in my machine. But problem occurs when i try to run the project other than my machine. I wrote datasource=mysystem name in connection string. Is it possible to get datasource name dynamically from a text file (*.txt) or from .xml file for MySql.Regards,Tamizhselvi  Add an App.Config file to your project and you can drop a connection string in there like so:  <connectionStrings>    <add name="PICK A NAME" connectionString="YOUR CONNECTION STRING"/>...

serialize a XML file to a VB.NET file (class) using xsd
Hello   I would like to serialize  a XML file to a VB.NET  file (class).   How can I use XSD.exe  to generate my xml file  C:\leye_g\Travaux\Fichiers de données\test.xml  to a VB.NET File ?   Best regardsf Hi XML Schema Definition Tool (Xsd.exe)  can generate runtime classes from  XSD files . XmlElementAttribute Is Missing for the Generated Class Members While Using Xsd.exe describes how to generate class from xml and reports a problem. And you could find more info here: Code Generation in the .NET Framework Using XML Sch...

Search in xml files using vb.net

use of vb.net and c#.net

Problem in convert xml file (created using webservice) to datagridview(vb.net)
 i had created webservice with two functions 1 is hello which displays the text "Welcome" and 2 is GetNavisionItems which displays the database table in xml format. and publish that web site.Now i created another windows application project in vb.net by click a button i am invoking the webservice which i published.i can able to print the text "Welcome"but, i could not able to store the database table in xml format to DataGridView.now what i have to do pls suggest.below is my vb.net coding:Imports TestSample24_01_08.TestWSImports System.DataPublic Class Form1 &...

Pls Help Append Data/Image in an existing excel file using Vb.net
hi  I am using following code to write an graph image in an excel file .I want to write append this data/image in an existing excel file containing different report data.The below code doesn't work.If i use filemode.open instead of filemode.append then it writes in the file. what am i doing wrong is it something i m trying that is not possible or incorrect any advice will be helpfull.pls help me Thanks Shalin fs = New FileStream(Server.MapPath("TempExcel/test.xls"), FileMode.Create) fs.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length) fs.Close() fsRead = New FileStream(Server.MapPath("TempExcel/te...

Any good example for write, read a specific node value from a xml file using C#.net
  Is there any good example for write, read a specific node value from a xml file using C#.netRegards Anu Palavila > using System.Xml; > using System.Xml.XPath; > Insertion: >         XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); >         xmlDoc.Load(MapPath("~/App_Data/Users.xml")); >         XmlDocumentFragment docFrag = xmlDoc.CreateDocumentFragment(); >         string id = txt_ins_uid.Text; >         string name = txt_ins_uname.Text; >    ...

XSLT to transform XML into XML in VB.NET
Hello. I need some help with XSLT. We have an XML coming in and I need to transform this XML to a format that we use using XSLT so that future changes in the incoming file are easy to change in the XSLT rather than changing the VB code.This is the sample input file  <MemberReports xsi:schemaLocation="http://developreports/myreport/v1/report.xsd"> <DateCreated>2006-04-15</DateCreated> <MemberReport> <MemberOrganization>MemberOrganization</ReportingOrganization> <Member> <Name> ...

Append XML at the end of the existing XML file

Problems writing to an XML file
I'm brand new to using XML (in fact this is my first project), so bear with me, I may need a little hand-holding. I'm trying to create a page which simply adds data to an existing xml file. Ultimately it will add the data from a form, but to keep things simple, I've been simply using pre-defined values. Originally I was able to get the script to write the xml exactly as I needed, however it would simply overwrite the existing file every time it was accessed. This is unacceptable, as it will be used to add data to one file, sort of like a mini database. So after much pain and gnashi...

Re: Gadget using vb.net and c#.net
 Hi, I am new to Gadget Concept. i want to create new Gadget. it must show the name 'Gadget Application'. pls, guide me how to create Gadget using .net application with some sample. thanks for your help in advance. Regards,Suriyanarayana.N  Unfortunately creating a Gadget using the .NET framework is not so simple. I have found a few post that might help you understand the process:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/gadgets/gadgettips.aspx http://www.codeproject.com/KB/gadgets/GadgetInterop.aspx Gabriel Bogéa (http://www.gbogea.com)-----------------Please 'Mark...

Web resources about - appending to existing xml file using vb.net/c# - asp.net.xml-datasource

Google Appending URLS With GWT & PG?
A WebmasterWorld thread spotted, I believe, referrals from URLs that have _gwt_pg= appended to the end of the URLs. So what does the GWT and ...

Appending Larry
A recent Reuters article on Google's prematurely released earnings report noted that a Twitter parody account was created to mock the "PENDING ...

The readers' editor on… appending notes to stories if errors may have been made
Chris Elliott: Open door: This device seems fair if the evidence is not conclusive but a strong case has been made – but not all complainants ...

Google Appending Brand In Front Of Search Results Title
Typically, when Google shows a clickable headline in the search results...