<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Is there a way to manually put this delcaration at the top of at xml document being built by c# XmlTextWriter directly from a dataset?  Right now, all I'm getting is <NewDataSet><Table>....

Thanks,

Jody

0
jodyford
10/30/2006 12:16:50 PM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, call xmlTextWriter.WriteStartDocument() before writing out a dataset. But I wonder why do you need it? It's optional declaration.

Oleg [XML MVP, MCPD]
XmlLab.Net | http://blog.tkachenko.com
0
olegt
10/31/2006 8:57:27 AM
The application consuming the xml expects it (sometime).  I'll try your fix.  Thank you.
0
jodyford
10/31/2006 9:00:32 AM

that got it.  you're the man.

jodyford

CB2009
We load and save files with XMLDocument and FastReport 4.7. I get an error message: Invalid version number, <?xml version=""1.1" encoding="utf-8"?> Is 1.1 a valid XML version? If version 1.1 is valid, when will XMLDocument be able to handle it? Larry. "Larry Griffiths" <larry@kalos-inc.com> wrote in message news:47706@forums.codegear.com... > Is 1.1 a valid XML version? Technically yes: http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml11-20060816/ > If version 1.1 is valid, when will XMLDocument be able to handle it? ...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
Blank to all,I insert this fragment of code in order to ask to you if eĀ“possibile to insert between the lines a code in order to copy file from one determined folder to an other and if eĀ“possibile you could indicate some information to me since they are ignoring in matter?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><Button ID="APAGAR"><Left>60</Left><Top>65</Top><Width>70</Width><Height>76</Height><Image>skin\Apagar\ApagarPP.png</Image><ImagePressed>Skin\Apagar\ApagarP.png</ImagePre...

Parser Error
What do I make to solve that problem? Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Stream is not a valid resource file.Source Error: Line 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> Line 2: <locales> Line 3: <inactive>Source File: /dotnetnuke320/App_GlobalResources/Locales.Portal.xml.resources    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Versio...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
Hi, my web service returns this when generating a web method xml code. However, between the last " of the UTF-8 and the ? there is a space. When I build and debug my web service, it runs fine, but if I attempt to acces my web service through the browser on my localhost, this - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   - does not appear, instead appears a message like this:  The XML document is not associated with styles. The document structure is representes above. (the original message is ir Portuguese, I've only translated!)And the rest o...

New Install: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> error
Hi,I'm new to .net.  I'm trying to install DotNetNuke on my XP Pro with IIS 5.0 box.  I've made all the changes to web.config, created the db with permissions and I'm still getting the same error.Can't figure it out!Here's the error:  Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Stream is not a valid resource file.Source Error: Line 1...

CB2009
We load and save files with XMLDocument and FastReport 4.7. I get an error message: Invalid version number, <?xml version=""1.1" encoding="utf-8"?> Is 1.1 a valid XML version? If version 1.1 is valid, when will XMLDocument be able to handle it? Larry. Larry Griffiths wrote: > We load and save files with XMLDocument and FastReport 4.7. > > I get an error message: Invalid version number, <?xml version=""1.1" > encoding="utf-8"?> > > Is 1.1 a valid XML version? > > If version 1....

"<->" as "->" with automatic "is rw"
I like that arguments will be readonly by default. But when I look at my current code, I see that I would be typing " is rw" quite a lot, which in my opinion is too long for a thing that occurs very often. Every such situation in my code is a foreach loop. A thing that in Perl 6 will mostly be used with the pointy sub declaration syntax. If I'm not mistaken, <-> is still available. It communicates "bidirectional" and that is more or less the same as read/write access. I'm proposing for zip(@foos, @bars, @xyzzies) <-> $foo, $bar, $xyzz...

Swap a "1" or "0" for a "Y" or "N"
I have a sql query that returns rows of data and one field returns a 1 (which means yes) or a 0 (which means no).  On my vb.net page, how do I replace the 1 with a Yes and the 0 with a No?  Or do I do this in the sql?  How do I do this in sql?Never make important decisions on a Monday! By default, VB.Net can understand 1 as Yes and 0 as No.I believe you are using those DB values for your Boolean Operations.Try to use If <DBValue> then <Operation>. If you are really need Yes/No .... Declare boolean variable in VB.net and set those variables. Thanks and R...

What is this for? "<label style=""display:none;"" for=""" & cboFieldType.ClientID.ToString & """>Type</label>"
I'm digging through the code of DNN and I found many ocurrences of this type of code: lblFieldType.Text = "<label style=""display:none;"" for=""" & cboFieldType.ClientID.ToString & """>Type</label>" What is that code for? The label is never displayed and I could not figure out what DDN uses it for. thank you This is for ADA compliance. The guidelines require that form elements have an associated label. This helps the text readers out with identifying the different parts of the form. BruceDynamic...

Server error "<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" /> "
 Any ideas how to resolve this?    Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The sys...

what's the different from "<page src="">" and "<page codeBehind="">"
what's the different from "<page src="">" and "<page codeBehind="">" Thank YOU how to make session' life longer? Thank You This very question was asked only 5 days ago. Searching the forums would have yielded the answer you require. However, see this thread. Steven BeyRecursion: see Recursion You can set a new value for the Session Timeout in your web.config file. Or, you can do it in a page through this property: Session.Timeout Note that if you choose the second method, the timeout will only be modified on this page,...

Putting an ampersand sign in an XML statement. How to? ==> <siteMapNode url="~/manage/quotient.aspx" title="Brokers & Fees" description="Brokers"/>
  I am working with an XML file. My C# code reads the XML file and displays it in my aspx web form. I want to put an ampersan sign in my XML statement but it is not working. Does anyone know how to place an ampersand sign in the text. See below(Brokers & Fees): <siteMapNode url="~/manage/quotient.aspx" title="Brokers & Fees" description="Brokers"/>     Use &amp; or &#38;  ~mike~...

UTF-8 ??? <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
I'm using the UTF-8 character set in my web pages, e.g. my meta tag seen above. Is this the best character set to use? Is there any reason to use a different character set? -- Everybody has two dogs inside them, a good dog and an evil dog, both always fighting. It is up to each person to decide which dog to feed. "Greg" <.@.> wrote in message news:floete$30bv$1@news.grc.com... > I'm using the UTF-8 character set in my web pages, e.g. my meta tag seen above. > > Is this the best character set to use? > > Is there any reason to use...

Web resources about - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> - asp.net.xml-datasource