Web Matrix Web Server

Im having problems with using web matrix... Im using Microsoft Access as my database for my asp.net project... going over the tutorials, "ASP.NET Pages with Data

(Microsoft Access) - Using the generated Data Methods", the example works fine when Im using the Web Matrix Server, however, there are errors when Im using IIS 6.0... is this because of the security settings? can anyone help me pinpoint which security setting is preventing this from working? tnx tnx tnx!!!
0
jcreyes
10/14/2003 10:58:30 AM
asp.net.web-matrix 2237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you getting an error message when attempting to run this? Does your database live in the same virtual folder? Are you running with NTFS as your file system?

Thanks
Jon

JonJung
10/14/2003 8:02:58 PM
Jon, i've got the same problem.

It give's a "database error" when I want to send fieldtext to my Access database under IIS.
With Webmatrix's webserver it's running fine..
Please can u help me?
Edward.
0
EdwardSal
1/11/2004 9:00:56 PM
Edward, sorry for the late response here. Without the error you are getting, this sounds like the ASPNet anonymous account does not have permisions to the directory where your database is at. When you run through WebMatrix's built in webserver, you will be using your windows account credentials. When you are running through IIS, you will be using the anonymous account credentials. If you run the following page through IIS, you will see what account is being used.

<%@ page language="C#" %>
<script runat="server">
void Page_Load (object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Response.Write("Impersonation = " + System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name.ToString());
}
</script>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
</form>
You will need to give the anonymous account privelages to the database or use Windows authentication.
JonJung

deploying web matrix web pages to host web server
Hi:I'm new to this forum and also in developing asp .net web pages.  I created web pages using Web Matrix v0.6.812.0 (connecting to an Access backend in the same folder as the web pages). Now I need to upload it to my company's web server (Windows 2000 with IIS and .Net Framework 1.1) so the customer can see them.  My administrator created a virtual site for me on the company's web server and I copied the .aspx, .ascx, .css, .mdb and web.config files to the directory for my virtual site.   When I try to access my default.aspx file on the web server thr...

web web web

VS.NET cannot detect Web Matrix web server
I'm running VS.NET 2003 on XP Home, so I have Web Matrix installed as a web server (I don't have IIS).I wanted to create my first web application with VS.NET, but when I select New Project -> asp.net web application I get the following message:VS.NET cannot detect a web server running asp.net 1.1... etc.I have the NET framework installed (SDK). Also I notice that I do not have a web server icon in my system tray. Do I have to do something to configure or enable Web Matrix web server (I only installed it).Many thanksChris Hey,VS.NET 2003 requires IIS; Web Matrix local web serve...

Are Cassini Web Server and Web Matrix Server the same product?
Are Cassini Web Server and Web Matrix Server the same product? Or they are diferent? They're the same.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hello markberr, sorry that I answer so late. I used winxp pro to download the source code. I tried this link http://www.asp.net/Projects/Cassini/Download/download.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Unfortunately with winxp pro I got an error message with the following content (similar): Cassini.exe from www.asp.net can't be transfered. The Internet-Website couldn't be opened... Well I tried to down...

Using web matrix web server with Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello all, I am a computer system technology student and my college is a part of the MSDN Academic alliance, so I managed to recieve an educational copy of Visual Studio.NET 2003. Seeing as I am on a work term and actually have free time at night... I have decided to punish myself and learn another technology. My problem is that I am running it on a Windows XP Home edition system at home, so I cannot run IIS. I do have the professional CD, also from MSDN acdemic alliance, but, 1) I may someday use my XP Home to produce comercial solutions in HTML, PHP, JSP or other (though I'll pr...

Problem with Web Matrix Web Server, but not with IIS
I have installed Matrix on two machines, and get it worked just fine using IIS, however, the program generate the following error when I swithed the web server to Matrix Web Server, the system error is as follows: Need your help Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=...

Difference between IIS and the Web Matrix Web Server
I was following an ASP.net tutorial that said to install the IIS on my computer, but unfortunatly I have Windows XP home edition which isn't capable of running the IIS. What is the difference between the Web Matrix Server and the IIS, and are there other servers I can run? > What is the difference between the Web Matrix Server and the IIS Well, IIS is a full-featured, highly configurable enterprise class web server. the other is a small test server for development and learning purposes only. there are a lot of specific differences, but this sums it up pretty well ;-) > and are ...

IE Web Control with Web Matrix Server ?
i have installed the IE Web control from Microsoft with a lot of care. so, when i use a treeview control with a site defined with IIS, no problem : my treeview is a "treeview" : "http://localhost/musite/treeview.aspx". but when i try to do the same with the Web Matrix Server, my treeview don't return any error, and the informations are not in treeview : "http://localhost:8080/mysite/treeview.aspx". (moreover, the result is the same with apache2 and web server : "http://localhost/mysite/treeview.aspx"). my question is : Is IE Web Control no...

web matrix web server vs IIS...
Im just starting out with asp.net, downloaded Web Matrix, im attempting to do some very simple things with a MSSQL database, display contents of a table, edit those contents through a form etc. Basic displaying of a table was acomplished easily by simply dragging a table across from the datasources I had open, however as soon as I turned off the webmatrix web server, and used IIS, this falls over with an error about not being able to connect to the MSSQL database... Does Web Matrix use its own tags that only the web matrix web server can read? Or is it a matter of changing the Connecti...

Remote use of Web Matrix Web Server
I apologize if there exists a better forum for posting this too. I am using the Web Matrix web server to design applications, as the IT department here has removed IIS from our systems. I want to know how my boss (on the same network) can access and run the aspx pages via Internet Explorer without his having to run them via a web server on his computer. Is this possible? If not, if I have IIS installed on my machine, then how would I configure my computer to act as a webserver so that other people who can access files on my computer could run the asp.net files "live" vi...

Web Matrix and IIS. Page is not opening from Web Matrix. HELP!!!
Hi, I am running XP Pro with IIS + Web Matrix. I used all tips for fixing .NET in Web Matrix (XML config tips). When I am testing pages from Web Matrix http://localhost:8080/test.aspx nothing shows up in a browser. It is just white. However if I select Open in Web Browser from Web Matrix browser shows directory listing with all files. Once I click on one of those files again nothing happens. My configuration: Win XP SP1 with IIS running, Hardware router D-Link for sharing cable internet connection between 3 computers (port 8080 is open). Is it possible to get Web Matrix server to ...

Web hosting web matrix
Hello, I have a site made in web matrix with Access database . I want to put iti to work (it sells stuff). Is it legal and free to put it on a server and use it on this purpose? Ps: Do you recomend me to choose a web hosting company from my country ? Thanks!!! It's legal, and you should use a host that supports the functions you need.  That may or may not be in your country. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Don't depend on the location choose the host t...

Web Matrix Web Server intergration > longhorn +
One of the major things I like is this embeded web server. It only works on local host. Now I am wondering if this can be included in future products of windows. I am normaly a Active desktop developer and static html is not very optimal. EG: user: klang has his own home directory and a server he has access to user: man has his own directory but hasnt got access to any servers but has games that noone else plays The dot.net framework may alow klang and other users to have their own options but the current active desktop only allows static html. Since klang is a developer he has t...

Web Matrix Server
Hi, I have WindowXP Home. I installed Web Matrix and uses it HTTP srv. The problem is that arbitrarily the srv disconnects the session and all session-level data is lost. I want to use my PC for demo but I there is that issue. Any ideas ? value in Web.Config: <sessionState timeout="620" /> .NET is Google oriented!...

Web resources about - Web Matrix Web Server - asp.net.web-matrix

Matrix digital rain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Matrix digital rain , Matrix code or sometimes green rain , is the computer code featured in the Matrix series . The falling green code is a ...

The matrix of India’s ‘source’ journalism
Such has been outlandish frequency of statements attributed to anonymous "sources" across India’s media outlets in recent weeks that I visited ...

Audi bringing matrix 'organic' LED concept to Frankfurt
Filed under: Videos , Frankfurt Motor Show , Audi , Technology , Concept Cars Audi is bringing a concept to the Frankfurt motor show with a new ...

"As a kid, I was searching for my tribe of other people who saw through the matrix."
"Even as a kid I could never buy into the status quo. I just thought it was a joke; I couldn't believe other people weren't laughing at it." ...

'Matrix' actress Essie Davis joins 'Game of Thrones'
... HBO representative didn't immediately respond to Business Insider's request for confirmation on the casting. Davis has starred in "The Matrix: ...

September 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 276 Institutions, Q3 2015 Transition Matrix
... and Anthem Bank & Trust, Plaquemine, LA ($136 million). With it being the end of the third quarter, we bring an update on the transition matrix. ...

New Film Theory Suggests Neo Isn't The One In The Matrix Trilogy
... The latest video from the Youtube channel, The Film Theorists , presents a theory that Mr. Anderson is NOT the One in the Wachowskis' The Matrix ...

Matrix-style Brain Implant Could Boost Memory
DARPA researchers want to place electrode arrays on brains to improve recall and reinforce muscle memories that don't exist.

Enter The Matrix! This iPad App Lets You "See" Wi-Fi Signals
... over everything. If you could see it, everything around us would ripple with information, like dropping a tab of acid after watching The Matrix ...

Holometer finds no evidence we’re living in a Matrix-like hologram … so far
Is our universe a two-dimensional hologram? It sounds like science fiction straight from “The Matrix,” but scientists are checking out the hypothesis ...