Web Matrix Master Detail Data Page - help needed please

I've tried to follow the Master Data Grid tutorial - http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/tour/section9/createdefaultpage.aspx but with no luck. I was just wondering if anyone had any other web tutorials they could post here for me please. All I want is to have two tables and when the user clicks on one of the fields in one table it expands another datagrid and displays further results from the other table. Thanks

0
stokiedez24
8/14/2006 4:21:17 PM
asp.net.web-matrix 2237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Problem solved

0
stokiedez24

deploying web matrix web pages to host web server
Hi:I'm new to this forum and also in developing asp .net web pages.  I created web pages using Web Matrix v0.6.812.0 (connecting to an Access backend in the same folder as the web pages). Now I need to upload it to my company's web server (Windows 2000 with IIS and .Net Framework 1.1) so the customer can see them.  My administrator created a virtual site for me on the company's web server and I copied the .aspx, .ascx, .css, .mdb and web.config files to the directory for my virtual site.   When I try to access my default.aspx file on the web server thr...

master page in vb.net using web matrix
i've tried <%@master language = "vb" %> for my master page using web matrix, it gave me an error stating that "master" is not a defined keyword..why is this? i switched to "page language", it solved the error but resulting in not being able to use it as master page..thanx  the page tag for my master page looks like this:<%@ Master Language="VB" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.vb" Inherits="MasterPage" %>try making yours match mine  Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ i'm able ...

after installing web matrix VB.NET web page don't work
I just started with ASP.NET in VB.NET. I had developed a simple web page and it worked fine. Then I installed web matrix and started playing with it. When I go back to VB and try to run the program (that worked before) I get an error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL server debugging." How do I get VB.NET to working again? I'm not sure why your existing Web application don't work after the installation of Web Matrix, as they can live without conflict in fact, did you try to look for an answer from the support.microsoft.com about the ...

VS.NET cannot detect Web Matrix web server
I'm running VS.NET 2003 on XP Home, so I have Web Matrix installed as a web server (I don't have IIS).I wanted to create my first web application with VS.NET, but when I select New Project -> asp.net web application I get the following message:VS.NET cannot detect a web server running asp.net 1.1... etc.I have the NET framework installed (SDK). Also I notice that I do not have a web server icon in my system tray. Do I have to do something to configure or enable Web Matrix web server (I only installed it).Many thanksChris Hey,VS.NET 2003 requires IIS; Web Matrix local web serve...

can't load a web page from web matrix server
hiI'm trying to load a page by using "http://myIPaddress:portNumber/pagename" and it doesn't workI get error 403: Access Forbidden!On the other hand, if I try "http://localhost:portNumber/pagename"  it works fine...but I really NEED to be able to do it the other way. Does anybody have an idea of what might be going on and how I can get around it?Thanks in advance for any info. Hi I am newish to this but you do need to open the ASP.Net page using a web server.  The Webmatrix provides its own so you can open the pages you create using it by pressing the F5 key.  That open...

possible to use both vs.net and web matrix for web application development?
Hello there, i am wondering will it possible to develop a web application using a mixture of web matrix and VS.NET? Say for example, on my application, i developing a web service module(both client n web service ) in VS.NET while my teammates is doing their web application module using webmatrix. Once integrated into a system will it work? Do note that these modules dont share the same data, hence no data exhange will occur. Both the application will be using VB.NET as well. Pls someone answer my doubts, thanks! If you do component programming ofcourse yes. it is like one ...

Using web matrix web server with Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello all, I am a computer system technology student and my college is a part of the MSDN Academic alliance, so I managed to recieve an educational copy of Visual Studio.NET 2003. Seeing as I am on a work term and actually have free time at night... I have decided to punish myself and learn another technology. My problem is that I am running it on a Windows XP Home edition system at home, so I cannot run IIS. I do have the professional CD, also from MSDN acdemic alliance, but, 1) I may someday use my XP Home to produce comercial solutions in HTML, PHP, JSP or other (though I'll pr...

Web hosting web matrix
Hello, I have a site made in web matrix with Access database . I want to put iti to work (it sells stuff). Is it legal and free to put it on a server and use it on this purpose? Ps: Do you recomend me to choose a web hosting company from my country ? Thanks!!! It's legal, and you should use a host that supports the functions you need.  That may or may not be in your country. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Don't depend on the location choose the host t...

Web Matrix Web Server
Im having problems with using web matrix... Im using Microsoft Access as my database for my asp.net project... going over the tutorials, "ASP.NET Pages with Data (Microsoft Access) - Using the generated Data Methods", the example works fine when Im using the Web Matrix Server, however, there are errors when Im using IIS 6.0... is this because of the security settings? can anyone help me pinpoint which security setting is preventing this from working? tnx tnx tnx!!! Are you getting an error message when attempting to run this? Does your database live in the same virtual folder...

web web web

How to store in a web page dynamic data in a web Page ?
Hi,I have 1 ListBox containing :1 ~ MACHINE A ~ 0 ~ 23 ~ R2 ~ MACHINE B ~ 4 ~ 477 ~ R3 ~ MACHINE C ~ 2 ~ 78~ R4 ~ MACHINE D ~ 9 ~ 76~ TI should have :1 ~ MACHINE A2 ~ MACHINE B3 ~ MACHINE C4 ~ MACHINE DThis ListBox is populated by a DataBase => So the line numbers isn't known for advance.How to store in ASP.NET these values (0, 23, 4, ...) ? I need these values into the web page because I need them for JavaScrip functions. Do List like HiddenFields exist ?Thanks for your tips.David. i am bit confused by your question.. can you explain it once more"Mark as ...

how can i insert data from .aspx page using web matrix
how can i insert data from .aspx page using web matrix i m using access database its my frist time to connect db with .aspx page i want input data from .aspx page to Database some little help and simple way to connect Hi, This article (SQL Server) might helps: http://www.aspnet101.com/aspnet101/aspnet/codesample.aspx?code=showinsert Regards thax u r gr8 man :)...

Clarrification needed.... b/w Web matrix and vs.net
hello everyone! i have vs.net 2003 installed in my system.. but i am also interested to download webmatrix and try it out once... will there b any chance of conflicts that can arise if i have both installed on the comp? if so,, then,, how can i get it working ??regards--kiran--Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. Hi, I've got that configuration running for quite a while now. No problem whatsoever. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Hey Hi Kriz.... it...

How to manually wire up a web page to use a master web page?
I need to manualy change a web page to allow it to use a master web page in C# and ASP.NET. How do I do this?   Add a master and a content page using that master to your site and then copy the content inside the form tag of your page without master and paste it inside the content page..that's how its done manually..Home Is Where the Wind Blowshttp://pushpontech.blogspot.com...

Is Web Matrix what I need?
I have experience in the past creating web pages using HTML and CSS. I've been asked to design a website for my department. What they are wanting is a site where, say a server goes down, a technician can log in and fill out a form that will post to the site that the particular server is down. This will show up in red with a time stamp on the site when someone logs in to check if anything is down. When the server is restored, the technician can then log back in and change the text to black. Would this be possible to build using Web Matrix? If so, any advice to help me get up and runnin...

Web resources about - Web Matrix Master Detail Data Page - help needed please - asp.net.web-matrix

The Matrix (franchise) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Matrix is a science fiction action media franchise created by Andy and Larry Wachowski and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures . The series ...

The matrix of India’s ‘source’ journalism
Such has been outlandish frequency of statements attributed to anonymous "sources" across India’s media outlets in recent weeks that I visited ...

Audi bringing matrix 'organic' LED concept to Frankfurt
Filed under: Videos , Frankfurt Motor Show , Audi , Technology , Concept Cars Audi is bringing a concept to the Frankfurt motor show with a new ...

"As a kid, I was searching for my tribe of other people who saw through the matrix."
"Even as a kid I could never buy into the status quo. I just thought it was a joke; I couldn't believe other people weren't laughing at it." ...

Thanks to Facebook's virtual reality device, I've been to 'The Matrix' and all I want is to go back
... via a set of headphones connected to a mic near his own headset. I immediately felt like Keanu Reeves' memorable character Neo from "The Matrix" ...

June 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 309 Institutions, Q2 2015 Transition Matrix
... was Harvard Savings Bank, Harvard, IL ($161 million). With it being the end of the second quarter, we bring an update on the transition matrix. ...

New Film Theory Suggests Neo Isn't The One In The Matrix Trilogy
... The latest video from the Youtube channel, The Film Theorists , presents a theory that Mr. Anderson is NOT the One in the Wachowskis' The Matrix ...

Matrix-style Brain Implant Could Boost Memory
DARPA researchers want to place electrode arrays on brains to improve recall and reinforce muscle memories that don't exist.

Enter The Matrix! This iPad App Lets You "See" Wi-Fi Signals
... over everything. If you could see it, everything around us would ripple with information, like dropping a tab of acid after watching The Matrix ...

LED Matrix Failure and Vindication
If necessity is the mother of invention, what’s failure the mother of? Improvement? Anyway, [prpplague]’s second version of his roll-up 70×30 ...