Web Matrix Files Uploaded to a Web Site

Once a Web Matrix project file is complete, I would like to upload and run it from a live web site.

What issues will I have with the "wmx" tag and MxDataGrid?
0
MyerK
6/30/2003 12:56:18 PM
asp.net.web-matrix 2237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

To allow the page to find the non-framewrork included controls you'll need to add the DLL that contains the control to the bin directory of your application.

So if your webapp lives in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myapp create a c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myapp\bin directory and copy the DLL there. Then your web app using that control should be working.
HTH
JD
We Are Hiring
0
jdixon
6/30/2003 4:08:47 PM
I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not. How do I find the DLL for controls like the MxDatagrid?

Also, there appear to be WMX tags and some type of register process/declaration at the beginning of the page. Do these tags cause an issue?
thanks.
0
MyerK

How do I find the DLL for controls like the MxDatagrid?
Switch to the Class Browser in WM and then look for the node of "MxDataGrid",
double click and then you'll see the Type Information, Namespace and Assembly
information...etc
Regards,
0
Colt
7/1/2003 5:42:38 AM
Obviously this is a bit over my head.

Do I assume for any object that begins with a wmx tag I must place some sort of DLL file in the bin directory on the server?
If so, there are only a very small number of DLL file in my Web Matrix directory. How do I know which one(s) to copy? Is it that simple?
Also, there appears to be some reference made to wmx at the top of the code for the page. What does that do?
Thanks for the help in understanding the process of moving a Web Matrix file to a live web site.
It's not pratical to expect the ISP to install the Web Matrix Framework unless this is part of their standard procedure.
0
MyerK
7/1/2003 11:28:24 AM
Do I assume for any object that begins with a wmx tag I must place some sort of DLL file in the bin directory on the server?

Yes, just as jdixon wrote above.
If so, there are only a very small number of DLL file in my Web Matrix directory. How do I know which one(s) to copy? Is it that simple?
As Colt mentioned, you can use the class browser to point in in the correct path, or you can take your specific issue from an error message you recieve. By this you will discover that the MxDataGrid is in the Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI namespace. If you look through your DLLs, you will find that there is a DLL named Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.dll (For me this was in C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET Web Matrix\v0.6.812\Framework). Copy this file into the bin directory on the server and viola! wmx works.
SJW
Sean W.
0
SeanW
7/14/2003 9:27:44 PM
it's not that simple!  I upload the DLL file to hosting bin folder and it doesn't work!  any ideas ?
0
kevinlee
10/26/2003 4:59:30 PM
Please see my reply at your another thread: view post 309233

Regards,
0
Colt

Web resources about - Web Matrix Files Uploaded to a Web Site - asp.net.web-matrix

Help:Files - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... the first step in using an image or other media file is to upload it to Wikimedia Commons , but for legal reasons, some files must be uploaded ...

Facebook Explains Auto-Enhancing of Photos Uploaded via iOS App
Facebook indirectly confirmed Tuesday’s report on auto-enhancing photos uploaded via its iOS application with a post on its engineering blog ...

Facebook Crosses 10 Billion Uploaded Photos
The Facebook Engineering team has just announced that Facebook users uploaded their 10 billionth photo to the site yesterday. Facebook is now ...

How many photos are uploaded to Facebook each day?
Answer (1 of 2): We currently have over 200 million photos uploaded per day, or around 6 billion per month. There are currently almost 90 billion ...

Gridplay - The Vine & IG Music Video Maker, Uploaded from Your Camera Roll on the App Store on iTunes ...
Get Gridplay - The Vine & IG Music Video Maker, Uploaded from Your Camera Roll on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Happy Iranians - Original uploaded Iran version of Pharrell Williams " Happy " video - YouTube
Join me at https://www.facebook.com/Sufinumeerpage Young Iranians Arrested For Dancing In 'Happy' Pharrell Video Age: 25, Crime: Happiness About ...

#MyDubai: half a million images uploaded in four months
The number of hits over such a short period of time show how the project has sparked UAE residents’ imaginations, the state news agency Wam reported. ...

Throwback of the Day: Watch the First Video Ever Uploaded to YouTube
This 18-second clip titled “Me at the Zoo” is the very first video ever uploaded to the site 10 years ago today (April 23, 2005). And while it ...

A million minutes of history uploaded online
The AP and British Movietone will upload more than a million minutes of historical footage to YouTube.