Guided Tour - Creating A Database - Cannot connect to Database Server

Hi,

I followed the Guided Tour at the section "Creating A Database," but I cannot do this. The problem is when I clicked on the Data tab in the Workspace window, the window displayed an empty data workspace as seen at the tour. However, I did not see the "New Connection" button at the top bar as directed. How can I add this button in for using?
Thanks!
Vy
0
viv_com
5/8/2004 3:54:16 AM
asp.net.web-matrix 2237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I had some trouble here too.

Try this version of the tour:
http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/guidedtour/section2/newconn.aspx
the iconography is different -- maybe what you are looking for if you just downloaded Web Matrix.
Also, make sure you have MSDE or SQL server 2k installed. I tested on a XP Home OS with just installing MSDE.
0
Sean

Thank you for your help. Yes, I got it from the url that you provived. I followed the direction to do. After I selected "Data", 'Add Database Connection", and SQL server/MSDE Database", I downloaded and installed the MSDE when I received the message "Unable to create project". Then, I restarted my computer and back to do the steps again; the message "Unable to create project" still appears. I opened a folder called "MSDE" and installed three downloaded softwares "sql2kasp3", "sql2kdesksp3", and 'sql2ksp3" into the folder. I do not know what I did wrong from the step installing the MSDE.
I need some help to resolve it.
Thanks!
Vy
0
viv_com
5/13/2004 2:23:33 PM
Can you verify the MSDE database service is running on your machine?

http://www.heliosfx.com
0
mxmissile

Connect to Database Server
I downloaded and installed both MSDE2000A and sql2kdesksp3. I was able to run MSDE when I did the first part the guide tour... my first ASP.Net Page. But when I got to Create a Database section... I ran into problems. With MSDE running in the background, I was unable have the new connection button appear. Then I tried to create a new database. I receive a critical error box that states "Could not create a new database" "SQL server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen (Connect())" I am running XP Pro. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank...

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.
I'm not sure what this error is referring to. I've built a report and it runs in the IDE in preview mode, however when I try to deploy it, I get this error message.   Thanks. Doug   ...

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

how to connect from web server to database server.
In my client’s site, there is two server: database server (computer name : abc) and web server(computer name : xyz). In database server, there is a folder call TestDB which I put the database in this folder. For security reason, we can not make folder TestDB share in the network. That is too say, web server can not access folder TestDB.   And I develop the web program need to connect the database on the database server. In my web.config setting, I have this line as the connect string.   <add key="TestDB" value="Provider=PervasiveOLEDB;Data Source= TestDB;Location=abc" >&...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

how to connect a database server with two databases
Hi, I start a database server (dbsrv6) with two databases(e.g. A and B), but I found that I only connect and query of database A, not B by JDBC . Can ASA support that ???? Thanks Yes, you can connect to any one of the database loaded on a server. Example, if I start the server using dbsrv6 -n myServer A.db B.db C.db Then I can specify which database I want to connect to by using the DBN (databasename) connection parameter, as in dbisql -c "UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;eng=myServer;dbn=A" will connect to the A.db database, where as dbisql -c "UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;e...

Update client database from Web server database
I want to develop a system where the MS Access Database on the client machine, gets updated from an MS Access Database located on a remote server. How can this be achieved? Is vice-versa possible too. Thanks in advance. You are talking about Replication: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282977 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site  Where are the two databases located with respect to each other?What ports are open between the two locations? Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mar...

updating web server database from office database
I have built a database driven web site but I need to now automatically update the records when the office server database has new records added or amended. I am using access on both servers but the office service is only connected when online. They will be getting broadband. The office server must be secure as it hold company data. Any ideas please Access supports replication, and can securely update when the databases are reconnected. Sounds like it might be the perfect solution for you. DonDon Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post questions and replies ...

dynamically connect multiple databases to a database server
Our application uses embedded SQL to access databases. For v5.x, we dynamically connect multiple databases to a database server via dbclient.exe. We call ?db_string_connect (&sqlca,connect_str) ? for each database we want to connect to. We tried to do the same thing for v8.x, but failed to get a connection (SQLCODE -75) unless we start the server with all the databases we want to connect to and omit the DBF parameter from the connect_str. The connect_str we use is ?UID=dba;PWDsql;ENG=MyServer;Start=-x TCPIP; CON=sample;DBN=sample;DBF=c:\sample.db" As part of monthly up...

Guided Tour: Cannot Connect to Database
I am trying to go through Connect to Database section of the guided tour, am on the step where you click the data tab in the workspace window, MSDE was not installed but it did not prompt me to install it like the instructions said it would; i downloaded and installed MSDE (received a mysterious "Web Package has been delivered" message!) manually but it still doesn't show anything - the new connection window on the data toolbar remains shaded, can't get past this step to connect to a database - what does it need to see here; i do have valid ODBC definitions on this machine for both...

Connect to Database in Web Server.
Is there anyway to connect to database that resides in Web Server? I have my website host in a web server. And everytime I need to update my database, I have to download it from host to my local machine, edit it and upload it back to hosting server. It will be easier if I can connect to host server using VWD 2005 EE beside using Studio Management?Live Happily. How? Visual Studio Standard Edition+ supports that.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog But I am using Visual Web Developer 2005 EE though. Does VWD2005 EE able to do that or just VS Standard...

Connect to database on Web-server
I have an SQL server running on the web. I have tried to connect to this database by entering information in the data-tab. I can see the database from the list of databases on the server, and when I try to open the tables-folder I get the message Error retrieving list of tables Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "tblFylke" Key being added: "tblFylke" tblFylke is a table in my database. reidarT ...

Web resources about - Guided Tour - Creating A Database - Cannot connect to Database Server - asp.net.web-matrix

Wikipedia:Creating a bot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is often far simpler to request a bot job from an existing bot. If you have only periodic requests or are uncomfortable with programming languages, ...

Sandi Krakowski’s Tips for Creating Great Content
Quick tips to help you create great content for your business.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook simplifies process for creating repeat events
Facebook introduced a new feature for events this week that allows users to quickly create a similar event as one they previously hosted or attended. ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Road Map To Market Your Startup
Spreading the word can be challenging when you’re new to an industry, don’t have a big budget, and have little helpbut it’s possible.You’ll need ...

Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine ...
Get Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine, and Twitter on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Creating Economic Dynamism: Joseph E. Stiglitz
DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 25JAN13 - Joseph E. Stiglitz, Professor, Columbia University, USA talks during the session 'Creating Economic Dynamism' at ...

YouTube - Super Human Abilities: Tila Tequila Creating Energy Balls & Electricity Out of Thin Air!
Veröffentlicht am 24.04.2013 Hey Guys! For a long time now I have been able to do some pretty supernatural things that most would consider "SUPER ...