Deploying to Web Host with Web Matrix

I have one simple asp.net page created using Web Matrix that I am trying to run on my web host but I am getting a runtime error.  The error is:

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
I have changed my config file to customerrors mode="off" and it still returns the same error even after refreshing the page.

In therory I should be able to copy my required files (.aspx and web.config) to the server and open the page in my browser but no chance.
I can't find any documentation on deploying apps with web matrix. Does anyone have any suggestions.
fisherdean
8/16/2004 4:04:25 PM
asp.net.web-matrix 2237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

deploying web matrix web pages to host web server
Hi:I'm new to this forum and also in developing asp .net web pages.  I created web pages using Web Matrix v0.6.812.0 (connecting to an Access backend in the same folder as the web pages). Now I need to upload it to my company's web server (Windows 2000 with IIS and .Net Framework 1.1) so the customer can see them.  My administrator created a virtual site for me on the company's web server and I copied the .aspx, .ascx, .css, .mdb and web.config files to the directory for my virtual site.   When I try to access my default.aspx file on the web server thr...

How to deploy Web Matrix project to a web host?
I have FTP'ed the aspx files and web.config file of a project to a directory on my web host (and yes, my webhost claims to be .NET-enabled), but when I point my browser to those files, all I get is an error: "Server Error in / Application". In fact, the error message further instructs me to change a line in my web.config ("customErrors mode='off'") that I have already changed!! I developed the files in Web Matrix, not VS.Net. The app runs just fine on my local testing server. I have read all the deployment scenarios and instructions for VS.Net but none of them seem to...

web web web

Web hosting web matrix
Hello, I have a site made in web matrix with Access database . I want to put iti to work (it sells stuff). Is it legal and free to put it on a server and use it on this purpose? Ps: Do you recomend me to choose a web hosting company from my country ? Thanks!!! It's legal, and you should use a host that supports the functions you need.  That may or may not be in your country. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Don't depend on the location choose the host t...

Web Matrix and IIS. Page is not opening from Web Matrix. HELP!!!
Hi, I am running XP Pro with IIS + Web Matrix. I used all tips for fixing .NET in Web Matrix (XML config tips). When I am testing pages from Web Matrix http://localhost:8080/test.aspx nothing shows up in a browser. It is just white. However if I select Open in Web Browser from Web Matrix browser shows directory listing with all files. Once I click on one of those files again nothing happens. My configuration: Win XP SP1 with IIS running, Hardware router D-Link for sharing cable internet connection between 3 computers (port 8080 is open). Is it possible to get Web Matrix server to ...

Web Matrix Web Server
Im having problems with using web matrix... Im using Microsoft Access as my database for my asp.net project... going over the tutorials, "ASP.NET Pages with Data (Microsoft Access) - Using the generated Data Methods", the example works fine when Im using the Web Matrix Server, however, there are errors when Im using IIS 6.0... is this because of the security settings? can anyone help me pinpoint which security setting is preventing this from working? tnx tnx tnx!!! Are you getting an error message when attempting to run this? Does your database live in the same virtual folder...

VS.NET cannot detect Web Matrix web server
I'm running VS.NET 2003 on XP Home, so I have Web Matrix installed as a web server (I don't have IIS).I wanted to create my first web application with VS.NET, but when I select New Project -> asp.net web application I get the following message:VS.NET cannot detect a web server running asp.net 1.1... etc.I have the NET framework installed (SDK). Also I notice that I do not have a web server icon in my system tray. Do I have to do something to configure or enable Web Matrix web server (I only installed it).Many thanksChris Hey,VS.NET 2003 requires IIS; Web Matrix local web serve...

Using web matrix web server with Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello all, I am a computer system technology student and my college is a part of the MSDN Academic alliance, so I managed to recieve an educational copy of Visual Studio.NET 2003. Seeing as I am on a work term and actually have free time at night... I have decided to punish myself and learn another technology. My problem is that I am running it on a Windows XP Home edition system at home, so I cannot run IIS. I do have the professional CD, also from MSDN acdemic alliance, but, 1) I may someday use my XP Home to produce comercial solutions in HTML, PHP, JSP or other (though I'll pr...

possible to use both vs.net and web matrix for web application development?
Hello there, i am wondering will it possible to develop a web application using a mixture of web matrix and VS.NET? Say for example, on my application, i developing a web service module(both client n web service ) in VS.NET while my teammates is doing their web application module using webmatrix. Once integrated into a system will it work? Do note that these modules dont share the same data, hence no data exhange will occur. Both the application will be using VB.NET as well. Pls someone answer my doubts, thanks! If you do component programming ofcourse yes. it is like one ...

Web Deployment of a Web Application:why the vbproj file is in the Web Deployment folder
Hello, I'm an old ASP and new ASP 1.1 developer.Now I have to work with ASP 2.0 and I'm testing the new features but there are things that are not clear.. I created a web application (converted from an ASP.NET 2.0 web site) and I was trying to build the web application project.These are the Property Pages Settings:Configuration:ReleaseCompilation: Allow this precompiled site to be updatable .. checkedOutput Assemblies: Merge all outputs to a single assembly  is checked                    ...

Web Matrix vs. Web Browser
Hello all. I am new to Asp, MSDE and IIS. So flying in the dark. I have tried to search though the different threads but have had no luck on finding the answer to I'm sure a simple solution. I have writen a simple asp page that will add data to a MSDE database and another that will display the data. Both of these pages working in Web Matrix. Starting the page in Web Matrix and select "Use ASP.net Web Matrix Server" both pages loads and displays correctly. At one time I had the page which adds data to the MSDE database working outside of Web Matrix, but though my res...

Web Controls, Win2K3, and Web Matrix
Two questions: 1. I noticed somewhere on MSDN that when referring to Microsoft Web UI WebControls it did not list Windows 2003 Server as an acceptable platform. Is this true or simply an oversight on that web page? 2. I installed the IEWebControls and cannot find the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to save into the /bin directory I created. Is this dll only available via Visual Studio? Currently I'm running Web Matrix until I can cut through governmental red-tape to aquire Visual Studio .NET. Here's my error, which seems to be popular... ;-) ******************* Description...

creating web services in Web Matrix
hi, I am newbie with WebMatrix and I trying to create an asp interface in order to consult a SQL server database. I have this question. below the Languaje Selection in the Add New File dialog, there are two requered blank fields that i dont know how to write there, those are: "Class:" and "Namespace" What should i put there? Thanks in advance. Aldo ...

after installing web matrix VB.NET web page don't work
I just started with ASP.NET in VB.NET. I had developed a simple web page and it worked fine. Then I installed web matrix and started playing with it. When I go back to VB and try to run the program (that worked before) I get an error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL server debugging." How do I get VB.NET to working again? I'm not sure why your existing Web application don't work after the installation of Web Matrix, as they can live without conflict in fact, did you try to look for an answer from the support.microsoft.com about the ...

Talk to Java Web Service in Web Matrix
hello, I m creating a C# Client in Web Matrix and i want to access the Java Web Service thru it. Is it possible to access Java Web Service on Web Matrix. I have created a Client.cs class which places the call to the service and a proxy class is also generated thru Proxy Generator in Web Matrix. I m not able to compile .cs file from Web Matrix and if i compile the .cs file from Command Line, it does not recoganize the Web Service since i found that Web Matrix does not create a Project but keep all the files/documents under one folder loosely. So i m not able know whether...

Difference between IIS and the Web Matrix Web Server
I was following an ASP.net tutorial that said to install the IIS on my computer, but unfortunatly I have Windows XP home edition which isn't capable of running the IIS. What is the difference between the Web Matrix Server and the IIS, and are there other servers I can run? > What is the difference between the Web Matrix Server and the IIS Well, IIS is a full-featured, highly configurable enterprise class web server. the other is a small test server for development and learning purposes only. there are a lot of specific differences, but this sums it up pretty well ;-) > and are ...

Acess a web service via Web Matrix
Hello, can somebody give me an example how I can access a web service which is hosted from an another site via Web Matrix? Thanks Select Tools, Webservice Proxy Generator in the menu. Use the following settings: WSDL URL: set the url of the webservice that you want to consume. Try http://live.capescience.com/wsdl/AirportWeather.wsdl for a sample. Namespace: up to you, e.g. AirportNS Language: up to you. Output directory: choose the directory of your local development site Source: up to you, e.g. Airport.vb Generate Assembly: check the box, and choose a na...

IE Web Control with Web Matrix Server ?
i have installed the IE Web control from Microsoft with a lot of care. so, when i use a treeview control with a site defined with IIS, no problem : my treeview is a "treeview" : "http://localhost/musite/treeview.aspx". but when i try to do the same with the Web Matrix Server, my treeview don't return any error, and the informations are not in treeview : "http://localhost:8080/mysite/treeview.aspx". (moreover, the result is the same with apache2 and web server : "http://localhost/mysite/treeview.aspx"). my question is : Is IE Web Control no...

Web Matrix Files Uploaded to a Web Site
Once a Web Matrix project file is complete, I would like to upload and run it from a live web site. What issues will I have with the "wmx" tag and MxDataGrid? To allow the page to find the non-framewrork included controls you'll need to add the DLL that contains the control to the bin directory of your application. So if your webapp lives in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myapp create a c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myapp\bin directory and copy the DLL there. Then your web app using that control should be working. HTH JDThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no r...

web matrix web server vs IIS...
Im just starting out with asp.net, downloaded Web Matrix, im attempting to do some very simple things with a MSSQL database, display contents of a table, edit those contents through a form etc. Basic displaying of a table was acomplished easily by simply dragging a table across from the datasources I had open, however as soon as I turned off the webmatrix web server, and used IIS, this falls over with an error about not being able to connect to the MSSQL database... Does Web Matrix use its own tags that only the web matrix web server can read? Or is it a matter of changing the Connecti...

Web Development with SharpDevelop, Web Matrix, and DBGCLR
I posted an example on how to use SharpDevelop and Web Matrix together with debugging to create ASP.NET applications. http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/markdigiovanni/archive/2004/06/17/16847.aspx --MarkMark DiGiovanniwww.WeProgram.NETwww.codebetter.com/blogs/mark.digiovanni/default.aspx...

Sharepointv2 Web Parts via Web Matrix?
Is it posible to create sharepoint parts via web matrix and if so... can anyone point me to a starting ponit/template thanks --mike...

Remote use of Web Matrix Web Server
I apologize if there exists a better forum for posting this too. I am using the Web Matrix web server to design applications, as the IT department here has removed IIS from our systems. I want to know how my boss (on the same network) can access and run the aspx pages via Internet Explorer without his having to run them via a web server on his computer. Is this possible? If not, if I have IIS installed on my machine, then how would I configure my computer to act as a webserver so that other people who can access files on my computer could run the asp.net files "live" vi...

Problem with Web Matrix Web Server, but not with IIS
I have installed Matrix on two machines, and get it worked just fine using IIS, however, the program generate the following error when I swithed the web server to Matrix Web Server, the system error is as follows: Need your help Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=...

Web resources about - Deploying to Web Host with Web Matrix - asp.net.web-matrix

Buzz Aldrin deploying the Solar Wind Collector - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Buzz Aldrin is deploying the Solar Wind Collector (SWC), a foil sheet which he is pointing at the Sun. Note the word 'Shade' printed on the bottom ...

Quick guide - Deploying Windows 10 IoT Preview to Raspberry Pi 2 - YouTube
Detailed description: Quick walkthrough on how to deploy and configure Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT) Preview for a Raspberry Pi 2 device. ...

NATO 'totally' denies deploying troops near Russian border of Ukraine
NATO has denied Russian claims that it was planning to deploy massive numbers of troops near the country's border.

Tony Abbott Has Just Paid His First Visit To Iraq Since Deploying Troops To Fight Islamic State
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has paid his first visit to Baghdad and Iraq.

AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
Strong executive desire to use iPhones led the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities to start looking ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

Other nations to follow Australia's success in deploying troops to Iraq
Britain, Canada and the Netherlands are using Australia's process for getting troops into Iraq as a template to authorise their own deployments. ...

Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ...
ABC Online Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ... ABC Online Prime Minister Tony Abbott has ...

ISIS mission: Canada mulls deploying CF-18 jets to join U.S.-led strikes
The federal cabinet will meet next week to discuss deploying Canada's CF-18 fighter jets to join a U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State ...