problem with iis on a virtual machine

i ve installed windows server 2008 and iis on a virtual machine i connected it to the internet , i can access the site i hosted on the virtual machine from my virtual machine using http://localhost but it doesn't work on my machine ( yes i use http://servername ) any ideas anything i m missing ?

if this post unswerd ur question marke it as answer
0
yassir
5/2/2009 12:19:41 AM
asp.net.web-hosting 912 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello,

Have you recieved any errors? Check you firewall setting - you should enable port 80. (the default http port)

Regards

Windows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting
0
HostingASPNet
5/2/2009 2:23:04 PM

Well i did configure it to use port 8080 and i forgot to enable it on my firewall , thx for the heads up :D

if this post unswerd ur question marke it as answer
0
yassir

Connection string problem SQL 2005 on web host machine
I hope some one can help me with this one I've been looking all over the web and can't find anything relavent to this I can do just about anything with a database on my own machine with sql server express the connection string is never an issue but when I deployed to a host site the connection string is something I've never seen all the tutorials videos work with sql express I can't find anything that deals with the real wold where the rubber mets the road during development this is a connection string <add name="Employees" connectionString="Data S...

.net 2.0 Security Web.Config problem (possible IIS issue?)
I have a website I developed using asp.net (vb) that has a protected content sections, users and roles.  The established roles are 'Admin', 'Customer', and 'Employee' The protected directories are the /admin, /employee, and /customer respectively.  User's assigned to the 'Admin' role should be granted access to all three sections.  User's with the 'Employee' role should only be granted access to the /employee section, and user's with the 'Customer' role should only be allowed to access the /customer directory.  ...

Can I create web project if no access to host machine's IIS?
The problem is that I'm currently working on a project whereby I'm not granted access to the hosting server's IIS. All I have is access to its shared virtual directory. I tried to create an ASP.Net project on the hosting server using VS.Net, but the application threw an error. "Unable to create web project. The UNC share 'at my host server address' does not exist or you do not have access." My question is that will I still be able to create projects on the hosting server or is there anyway to bypass this problem? Hi I am not a expert but I reckon the way around i...

Can I run LAMP in a virtual machine and access the web server via a browser on the host?
How can I run LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) in a virtual machine (Ubuntu in virtual box) and make it so the web server is accessible locally (and ONLY locally) on the host OS via an ip address? -- 6tr6tr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 6tr6tr;2215210 Wrote: > How can I run LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) in a virtual machine > (Ubuntu in virtual box) and make it so the web server is accessible > locally (and ONLY locally) on the host OS via an ip address? Would the host OS's firewall override the VM's fire...

Connection pool problem when separate SQL Server 2000 and IIS Web server to each machine.
I have ASP.NET application and connect to SQL Server 2000 using connection pool.My application work find if Web Server and SQL server stay in same machine (Connection can reach to max pool size value that I defined).When I seperate SQL Server to other machine (simply like 2 tiers architecture), I got problem , my application can not create connection to max pool size value Have something that I should do if I seperate Web and SQL server?Regards,   P.S This is my connection string Persist Security Info=False; Initial Catalog=CustomerDB; Data Source=Server01; Conn...

Problem with Web Matrix Web Server, but not with IIS
I have installed Matrix on two machines, and get it worked just fine using IIS, however, the program generate the following error when I swithed the web server to Matrix Web Server, the system error is as follows: Need your help Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=...

machine.config problem after installing .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express
 I had asp.net 2.0 and visual web developer 2005 installed on my windows xp computer. I then installed .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express on the same computer with out uninstalling .net 2.0 and VWD 2005 express and did not encounter any errors during installation. Problem is, i can no longer run any project.When i create a web site in visual web developer 2008 and click "start Debugging" i get the error message below"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config(138): Build (web): Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel.&qu...

Web app problem on Web server target machine
After successfully completing a Setup and Deployment of a Web app on my development machine, it executed correctly as designed via the IE and localhost. However, when deployed on a new Web server machine and accessed via the Internet from other PCs the initial start page (logon) displays only the text from the labels. No text fields, buttons or .jpg image display. The text all runs together at the top of the screen. I have checked via the Registry\Software\Microsoft\Policy on both machines and v1.1 of Net Frameworks is identical. The app was developed with VB.NET 2003. Any ideas as to the p...

works fine on local IIS, problem on Host IIS
Hi, My application accesses Active Directory and runs fine on the localhost and accesses data from the server.When I am deploying it on the Server IIS, and accessing . it is giving  compiler errror Cannot write outputfile c:\Microsoft ASP.NET\..... \... \ ADCode.....dll - Access denied. I have both web.config and app.config file. Is that any problem? Any idea what could be the problem ?   Anet     The problem is access is denied.  Check NTFS permissions for the account accessing the resources. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as A...

IIS Problem: Developing on a server, from multiple machines machines.
Maybe I'm missing something pretty obvious, but here's my problem:I am developing an ASP.net application. Depending on what day it is, I may be working from different locations.I have installed VS.net on the Network Server (windows 2000) and on my local machine (XP Pro). I have IIS running on both.The code I am developing is on the server.When I try to access the code from my local machine, it tries to find it using the local IIS inetpub directories.How can I overcome this problem?ps: apologies for any incorrect terms - but this is the novice forum. What you should set up is remote de...

.Net Web Services consume DCOM problem!!! big problem!!!
the senario is like that: PC1 got a Com+ application PC2 is Web Service that host the .net web services I export the Com+ application proxy and install into the PC2. I add reference in the Web services project then I code: <WebMethod()> Public Function GetCustomerWS() As String Dim objFDIP As New FDIPCOM.FDIPCOMServices() Dim strReturn As String objFDIP.GetAllCustomer(strReturn) Return strReturn End Function when I run the Web Services, and invoke it, it return nothing but: HTTP 500 Internal server error. ...

Requirements to host a web services on Microsoft IIS web server?
I want to know that is any special component we need to install on Misrosoft IIS web server so it can host web services or there is no need for any additional software/component. Thanks in advance for any reply.  I dont hink so, as usual like normal asp.net app nothing more than that.CheersRam MCP ramana123:I dont hink so, as usual like normal asp.net app nothing more than that.Thanks for reply ...

Upgrade from .net 2 to .net 3 problem in IIS 6
I am running Win2k3 with IIS6. I installed the .Net 3 package and SP 1. In IIS only 1.1 and 2.0 are visible in the ASP.NET tab dropdown. I did reboot the machine but 3.0 is still not visible. Did I miss a step on the install of 3.0? Please advise, TRU  No you did not.  .Net framework 3.0 and .Net framework 3.5 add to features to the .net framework 2.0.  In iis manager you will only see the option to use asp.net 2.0.  If .net 3.0 or 3.5 you can use the features in an asp.net 2.0 websiteSilverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group Ahhh!  OK... Thanks!...

Web resources about - problem with iis on a virtual machine - asp.net.web-hosting

Another problem lands on Malcolm Turnbull's tax reform table
If the Prime Minister wants an honest debate about tax reform, he now has an even more cogent case for everything being on the table.

Breitbart contributor says mass extinction via climate change isn’t a problem because of Jurassic Park ...
... about how science works. It did not go well for him: A Breitbart "journalist" claimed extinctions caused by climate change aren't a problem ...

2016 BMW M3 and M4 recalled for driveshaft problem
... Recalls , Coupe , Sedan , Performance BMW will recall just 42 examples of the 2016 M3 and M4 in the US to check for a possible driveshaft problem. ...

Problem with metrics and referee directions
Vox has a brief little informer on the relative risk of injury in high school sports. I think it is useful, but reading the definition of injury ...

Yet another problem with Comcast data caps: Customers have no idea why they’re exceeding their limits ...
Comcast sure knows how to bring out the love from its customer base. Cut Cable Today recently filed a FOIA request to the Federal Communications ...

Problems At Snapfish Lead To Pre-Christmas Photo Scramble, Angry Customers
... reps end chats with customers before the customer is done speaking with them? Why did the customer service rep tell me there was a problem with ...

Facebook is finally fixing its ‘real name’ problem
After some controversies and embarrassing missteps, social-media giant Facebook is trying to introduce tools to let its users go by the names ...

Culture: The observer bias problem, and why you should care
... the same type of mistakes in drawing conclusions about what we observe with Islamic fundamentalism. As I wrote here , I believe that the problem ...

J.J. Abrams talks Star Trek Into Darkness problems - EW.com
J.J. Abrams’ 2009 Star Trek reboot brought the beloved franchise back to critical and commercial acclaim, but his follow-up, Star Trek Into... ...