multiple websites with multiple ip

Hi,

I'm trying to config multiple websites with multiple ip (each website with one ip) with IIS6, which I guess should be easy if there's possible to config multiple websites with one ip, altough like this I can have one ftp server for each site using the standard port.

anyway, when I try to start a website with another ip then the first one already runnig, it says it can't because it's using the same port as the first one.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to share the same port (80) with multiple websites and ips, and how to configure?

thank you in advance

Jordi

0
Jordi
7/11/2005 9:43:02 AM
asp.net.web-hosting 912 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, you can use the same port with multiple IPs.

Are you sure you are using unique IPs? You do not have anything else listening on any of these IPs on port 80? It should be as easy as following the wizard when creating a new website, and type the new IP.
Kristofer Gafvert - IIS MVP

http://www.gafvert.info/iis/
0
KristoferG
7/11/2005 1:41:04 PM
You don't have them configured for All Unassigned IP's or the same IP on each site do you?

Jeff
jeff

Multiple GWIAs with Multiple IPs
I've read on these forums that GW7 should support the use of 2 GWIAs for outbound use. Is this actually the case? If so, how would I go about setting that up. I didn't see an option in the PO addressing to select a default gwia for outbound sends. That option is only available on the Domain for me. What I would like is to have 1 domain, 2 post offices, 2 GWIAs. One GWIA should service PO1 and the other GWIA should service PO2 for all outbound mail. I would like all of the header information to be accurate for the sending domain. For example, if PO1 is abc.com an...

Is it possible to use one static IP to host multiple web sites?
My understanding is IIS 6 can be set up to host multiple sub-domains under one IP address, like www.site1.mydomain.com, www.site2.mydomain.com etc.  How about if I want one IP to host www.coompany.com, www.organization.com etc. would it be possible? You can, using either Host Headers (probably better) or different ports.  Here's how to setup Host Headers:http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/21205/21205.htmlDarrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! I just wanted to let you know that I will...

Trouble Publishing Website to IIS with multiple sites running on single IP with host headers.
Is it possible to use the "Publish Website" function to publish multiple sites to an IIS server that's running all of those sites off of one IP address, just using host headers?  When I try to publish using the domain name (http://www.whatever.com), it says "Publish Failed" before getting to the username/password step.  We can create the FPSE sites on the server and see them just fine, just not publish to them. Yes, but it depends on how the IIS is setup. Are you the administrator of the server?BruceDiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting- Mi...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

Hosting DNN with Multiple Portals and multiple URLs??
If I have two portals hosted by the same DNN, what steps should I take to allow two different Web addresses to each access its own portal. In other words, I want www.MyFirstCustomer.com to access the first portal. And www.MySecondCustomer.com to access the second portal. Or Should I ask, Can I do that? Using IIS on the server, create two sites with the Domain Names you stated. And then log in as host admin and select portals and add the appropriate domain name to the field named Portal Alias: ie enter www.myfirstcustomer.com separated with "," with the other entry which is som...

"multiple (one website + one DB)" VS "one website + multiple DBs" performance
Hi! Is any diferences in performance of big number of websites which having its own database VS one website that creates big number of connection string to different databases (count of databases is the same in both cases)? Some additional info: several hundreds of databases, Win2k3 server, IIS 6.0, for connecting to databases we are using SqlDataProvider. -br, Alex...

How does a server host multiple websites?
Hi All, I am just asking out of interest, no specific issues :-) Many companies seem to host multiple websites on a single IP address. As I understand it, when I type in, say: www.grc.com my computer queries its allocated DNS server which tells it to go to: 4.79.142.202 My browser then heads off there to get the webpage from port 80 on that IP. However (I assume) that only one website is sitting on port 80 on that IP. So, where a hosting company is hosting multiple websites on a single IP address, how does this work? I have tested, and it appears that if I...

Hosting Multiple .Net Projects
Is it possible to host multiple .Net projects on 1 domian using vitual directories???e.g www.domianname.co.uk/project1      www.domianname.co.uk/project2I've read somewhere that there can be a conflict when hosting 2 webconfig files, is this true??? if so, can both projects use the same webcofig file????thanks Hi, Yes it is possible to host multiple ASP.NET applications using a virtual directory for each app. You shouldn't encounter any problems related to your web.config files either. Kevin...

A Multitude of Multiples: Using Outlook Express with Multiple E-mail Addresses, Multiple Accounts, and Multiple Identities
A Multitude of Multiples: Using Outlook Express with Multiple E-mail Addresses, Multiple Accounts, and Multiple Identities http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/identity.mspx *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** More and more Internet users have more than one e-mail address, and many have many more. More and more families have not only more than one user, but also more than one computer. In the spirit of "less is more" I offer this simple guide to using Outlook Ex...

Unique Problem
ASP newbie here - Hope someone has some insight. I've checked the threads for multiple communities, and haven't found a solution that works for me nor a description of a problem just exactly like this. I have two websites - lucidmoment.com and blossomhillcollies.com They work on the same server using host headers. I have a static page at both of those sites so I know IIS is working. I have installed CSK using blossomhillcollies.com, and that community seems to work fine. Using ISPAdmin, I tried adding a community for lucidmoment.com - that site either doesn't work or I am t...

Multiple values for multiple items insert using c#.net
Hello, I have an application that allows the user to insert multiple values all related to the same item that reside in multiple tables. example base information, style general details, parts of a style etc. a single table binds them all together using foreignkeyid's. This is kind of a slow process, because they might have to create a set of styles in different colors etc on the same day. say 15 items which are different only in color. Now, I' m having to design a form which will let them insert all 15 items at once.  I dont know how to show you the lay out I have?? My idea abo...

Question: Multiple Web Server Via Multiple Network Interface
Hi there, I have a question here about mapping multiple web server (jboss AS and webmail) to multiple network interface (different IP addresses of each). Can this be achievable using openSUSE 11? Mind to elaborate more on how to achieve this scenario? Thanks davidv00 -- davidv00 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Read up on Apache binding to IP addresses. 'Apache HTTP Server Version 2.2 Documentation - Apache HTTP Server' (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/) & 'Binding - Apache HTTP Server' (http://...

Sharing session accross multiple Virtual Directories and multiple websites.
How far can I work with a session?This is on Server 2003.One Website multiple virtual directories. All VD's under the same Application Pool. Will the same session exist between all VD's for a single user??Multiple websites under the same Application pool - Will the same session exist between all Websites for that user?  Any considerations I need to know? Thanks. The Killer Ninja Coding Monkeys thank those that mark helpful posts as answers.My Site | My Examples | My Blog Session sharing between different applications is not possible even if they are using same...

Web Service with multiple variables, output multiple values to repeater
I'm having trouble getting the data from the below:   ../webservices/yellowpages/Default.asmx?op=EmployeesByLastNameV2 HTTP POSTThe following is a sample HTTP POST request and response. The placeholders shown need to be replaced with actual values.POST /webservices/yellowpages/Default.asmx/EmployeesByLastNameV2 HTTP/1.1Host: sd.jsc.nasa.govContent-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencodedContent-Length: lengthlastName=string&orgID=stringHTTP/1.1 200 OKContent-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8Content-Length: length<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><...

Web resources about - multiple websites with multiple ip - asp.net.web-hosting

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Police officer Daniel Holtzclaw guilty of raping multiple women
For months, accusers, authorities and now an Oklahoma jury say, police officer Daniel Holtzclaw preyed on vulnerable women.

James Deen's Porn Company Faces Workplace-Safety Probe After Multiple Rape Claims 0
The California watchdog agency tasked with ensuring safety in the workplace confirmed Wednesday it is investigating porn actor James Deen's production ...

Apple Looks to Bring Multiple Colors to 3-D Printing with Patent Filing
... filed by Geoffrey Stall and Howard Miller , and assigned to Apple, is dated December 3rd, and it focuses on the problem of bringing multiple ...

Google Ventures reportedly closed its European fund after multiple stalled deals
Earlier this week, Google Ventures announced it was closing down its dedicated European fund . It had been assigned $125 million to invest, but ...

Multiple McDonald’s Locations Forced To Close After Prank Callers Convince Workers To Test Fire System ...
When I think of prank calls, I conjure up images of teenage girls huddled around their clear plastic phones, calling boys in their class and ...

OKC Police Officer Found Guilty On Multiple Counts Of Raping Black Women
Former Oklahoma City Police officer Daniel Holtzclaw will be going to prison for a very, very long time. After deliberating for well over 45 ...

Cowboys Fan Beats Up Multiple Attackers In Parking Lot Brawl
That's the best defense anyone wearing a Tony Romo jersey has ever played

Google's Chromecast Audio beams music to multiple rooms
If you're been eyeing Google's Chromecast Audio for your holiday shopping spree, Mountain View just added some new features to sweeten the deal. ...

China Mobile Ltd. (ADR) on Focus After Forming Bearish Multiple Bottom Chart ...
China Mobile Ltd. (ADR) on Focus After Forming Bearish Multiple Bottom Chart ... FinancialMagazin.com The stock of China Mobile Ltd. (ADR) ...