It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i

Hi Friends

 i host the applicatin on server.I got the  error as Virtual  Directory not cofigured.I am using .net frame work 2.0 and i create the virtual directory in application Server. I am using Form authentication for application. I checked  virtual directory is created successfully. I need help to set any other properties virtual directory properites.

0
ncsubbu
3/20/2009 4:30:21 PM
asp.net.web-hosting 912 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 Do you have a sub web.config files ? i mean config files other than the one in the main directory ? if so , please make sure to remove the <authentication> section from them.

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas
3/20/2009 5:07:12 PM

Also make sure the directory is configured as an application in IIS.  Search the forums, this gets answered weekly.

Jeff

jeff

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i #2
Hi All,I built a website which works. I needed to be able to generate 2 versions of the same website so I built a tool that dynamicaly generates the DAL and BLL. It also copies various standard files from a template to the target source location. It also processes variouse source files to customise them based on certain settings. Anyway it all works. I can generate a version of the original site. However, my problem comes when I run the tool to generate my orginal site. I am unable to build it and I get the following error:"It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition=&...

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configure
Dear All, I am a newbie and this is my first time trying to run asp.net :) I was trying to deploy the wrox asp.net sample code and this is what I got when I tried to run it. I created a virtual directory called "wrox". I have changed the username in the machine.config <processModel> to: userName="SYSTEM" password="AutoGenerate" I thought it was supposed to run because it is WROX OFFICIAL SAMPLE CODE. Server Error in '/wrox' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configur...

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configure
Hello. I got this error on my brinkster hosting.   I have a virtual directory and on the virtual directory is a fodler called webroot. and on this there are 7 subdirectorys according to each one of my domains.  As the error says. I cant create a virtual directory because its not a dedicated server.     Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. ...

Please HELP It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an ap
I have: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. I found: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/insider/iisi0204.mspx and http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/insider/iisi0103.mspx but still can not FIX it can someone give me link what to do 1 by 1 to fix it 10x valhttp://www.montrealads.cahttp://www.whoiswho.cahttp://www.bluelabs.ca Hi, 1. Open the IIS Control Pan...

VS 2008 error 'It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
 I am using VS 2008 on Windows XP. I downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit. I am working on Liberty's Programming ASP.NET 3.5 AjaxDemo.aspx. When I hit F5 I get the following error message: "Error    1    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."  I do not have IIS on this machine. I checked out   http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2005/04/25/...

Error 102 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
 Hi there, i'm greatful if nayone can help me with it. i'm stuck with this error, trying to get to working but to no avail. Error    102    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.   ...\Web.config    389     i read lots of the posts but the solutions offered there did not resolve my problem. here is what i've tried...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
Hey everyone.  I have an online application, and im trying to stick in a calendar it works well when i run it at VS05 environment  when i upload it and try to run it; Server Error in '/SQL' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level
I know there are some posts already regarding this and I've read them.  So please don't simply tell me that the web.config can't be in a subdirectory. Here's my situation...  I am a website designer and I have server space that I pay for (i.e. I can't bring up IIS on my desktop).  I do, however, have a Plesk control deck for my domain.  I have clients that I build website for.  How do I set up individual application directories under Plesk? For example: /client1/client2/client3etc.a different app in each directory for each of my clients in ...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
Why am I getting this error:Error     76     It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.It is pointing to this entry in my web.config    <authentication mode="Forms">      <forms loginUrl="login.aspx" />    </authentication>Here's the kicker.  My project is set to use the Default Web Server in VS 2005...so why is it trying to talk...

error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level
I'm getting this bizzare error when I try to debug an ASP.NET project. Details follow. I should also mention that I first used to get "this project is not set up for debug. Do you want to disable debuging for this project?" But I solved that one by allowing full control of my virtual dir to everyone. Here is the error I'm getting now. Please help! There is no info on this anywhere... Greg Server Error in '/Vpcs' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred durin...

error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
Dear Helpers,  I find a error as follows when I run the program under VS.net 2005. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS It highlighted the following code in web.config.  <system.web>    <identity impersonate="true" userName="xxxxxx" password="xxxxxxx" />    <customErrors mode="Off"/> &n...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level
Hello, I am getting this error and dont know what to do. I have no access to the server but ftp access. I had the server people define the folder with the code in it as an application and I still get the error message. The folder is off the public directory and only has 1 web.config file in in it.Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration...

Web resources about - It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i - asp.net.web-hosting