IIS Hosting of WCF Service

I am trying to Host my wcf service into the IIS. for this i have created .svc file. After the creation of the virtual directory, when i try to browse the .svc file i am getting the follwoing error which is getting logged into the Application.

1> Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/WCF_testing

Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException

Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

2> Failed to execute the request because the ASP.NET process identity does not have read permissions to the global assembly cache. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

3> aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 4468) stopped unexpectedly.

please help me to resolve the error.

0
Shikha
4/29/2009 4:54:38 AM
asp.net.web-hosting 912 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi

1st check that ASPNET user has read/write permissions to folder (and subfolders) on %SYSTEM%/Microsoft.NET/v2.xxx folder(s)

2nd. are there any other (than MS) assemblies in project.

3rd. what is in web.config. Most of the settings are there.

4th did you check permissions of the folder

Also check here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919075

HTH

Ivo Stoykov
0
ist0

Requirements to host a web services on Microsoft IIS web server?
I want to know that is any special component we need to install on Misrosoft IIS web server so it can host web services or there is no need for any additional software/component. Thanks in advance for any reply.  I dont hink so, as usual like normal asp.net app nothing more than that.CheersRam MCP ramana123:I dont hink so, as usual like normal asp.net app nothing more than that.Thanks for reply ...

IIS Hosted WCF service
Hi, I am trying to host a WCF service in IIS 5.1 (Windows XP) and well, it does seem to be wanting to cooperate (perhaps I'm doing something wrong). I've also tried to run the Atlas simple WCF service sample with the same result but a different output. They probably have different cause but hey, better ask by the bunch while at it, any help would be appreciated. My own service is a re-implementation of the sample and I get:(It basically means it can't find the ServiceHost directive but in my WCFService.svc source it's on the first line (copy pasted Atlas documentati...

Exception while calling .NET web service | System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Hi,   We have written a .NET web service which retrieves an xml file from the database. This web service is SSL secured and requires client certificates for connection.   Problem: The web service is throwing an exception while retrieving large files. It works fine when the file size is around 1 MB, but fails with a file size of around 65 MB with the following exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 38455668). ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: ...

WCF CookieException for path of service hosted in IIS
I'm getting some weird cookie path errors on a service that is hosted in IIS 7. I don't specify the the address property on the service configuration so IIS work's out the path on it's own. I also have the default document set as .svc so i don't have to specify the filename (This works for everything until the service needs cookies!). So my configuration is <service behaviorConfiguration="WebHostServiceBehavior" name="ReadyInteractive.Workflows.ProcessOrder.ProcessOrder"> <endpoint binding="wsHttpContextBinding" bindingCon...

Referencing a WCF service in an IIS hosted project
I have a WCF service that I am writing to replace web services in my site. My ASP.NET project is hosted in IIS so the project name is http://localhost. When I add a Service Reference to my WCF services, it comes across correctly, but when I try to create a reference to them the Code Sense and the compiler do not see them. The service project and the site are in seperate solutions. My WCF service project has a test web site added to it to test the services and it has no problems creating a Service Client and referencing and calling the services, but it is not hosted in IIS. What magic must I ...

Connecting to a WCF service in an IIS hosted site.
I have a WCF service that I am writing to replace web services in my site. My ASP.NET project is hosted in IIS so the project name is http://localhost. When I add a Service Reference to my WCF services, it comes across correctly, but when I try to create a reference to them the Code Sense and the compiler do not see them. The service project and the site are in seperate solutions. My WCF service project has a test web site added to it to test the services and it has no problems creating a Service Client and referencing and calling the services, but it is not hosted in IIS. What magic must I ...

IIS hosting WCF services: is it required to be on a dedicated machine?
I am learning WCF.  I have a question regarding the hosting of a WCF service in IIS.In order for an IIS to host such a service, does the IIS have to be on a dedicated machine?  Can IIS host different web services that are WCF and non-WCF on the same machine?Thank you.  You can host regular web sites, ASP.net web services and WCF web services all in the same IIS installation. ...

web service at a web host possible?
Hi, I have a simple question regarding web services. I have my asp.net web site at a web host. Can I still connect to other parties' web services? When I read how-to docs for installing web services, it seems as I'll have to make changes to the server itself, and for me, this would not be possible. Thanks in advance, PettrerCoding is a nine-to-five job: Nine PM to Five AM. Look,every IIS support webservice if asp.net is installed, I have used several hosting packages, but all of them are supporting web services.cheers Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post th...

Web services and Web hosting companies
Hi At this moment I am looking for a web hosting companies. I will be developing asp.net website and I will also develop Web Services. Can you tell if I am able to host Web Services with any hosting company that supports asp.net. Or is there any special requirement on the behalf of the hosting companies to support Web Services written in .Net regardas As long as they support ASP.NET it should work in general.Tomas Restrepo [MVP]tomasr@mvps.org...

Can we host .Net Web Service in Apache tomcat server?
Hi all,  Can we host vb .net web service in other servers like apache tomcat.Is IIS required for a .net web service to work? Thank you   Take a look over here: http://www.15seconds.com/issue/051020.htm  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips...

WCF service hosted in IIS becomes unresponsive if an unhandled excpetion occurs?
I am having problems with WCF web service that is hosted on IIS. The client of this WCF service is a Winform application. The winform app runs fine as long as no unhandled exception is raised in the IIS hosted WCF web service. But as soon as an unhandled exception occurs, and I choose to 'Continue' instead of quitting, then the winform accessing the WCF servcie becomes compeletly unresponsive. I am guessing something is happening with the WCF that is making it unresponsive. Can someone help please?sun21170 Do the application or system event logs show anything?  ...

Get client IP address [Not Host] in C# .NET web services
I create one web service using c# .net and in this web service I want to get an IP address for client. I check thousend of article but that is not working, let me give you one example System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress; System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"]; This is gives me IP but that my server ip where I put my web service but I want to get my client IP address. Can someone help me with this.http://www.codegroups.com/blog/ You can try: string ip; ip=Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"); i...

Amazon Web Services: Hosting a .net website on the Elastic Computing Cloud
Hi - we are currently developing a software as a service project in .net and we are thinking about using the aws ec2 for scalability. Has anyone experience with this? What are the gotcha's and best practices? Thanks for sharing your thoughts.   Oliver I would also be very interested by the answer. Although, since EC2 does not support Windows Server; this is probably quite a painful path. Best regards,Joannèslokad.com demand forecasting  anyone know how this worked out, or if their elastic cloud works well for hosting asp.net sites?  I could currently cut my s...

How to Host Web Service reference in web application?
hi,all i have created one web application and in which i m giving reference of web service from ..dll and .asmx of web service but is thr any solution there by which i only need to place web service necessary file in /bin folder of web application? if anybody post this answer then it will be really good help. thnks. The same way as in WinForms project, "Add Web Reference...", point to web service url. The serious problem of using web services in ASP.NET is performance, doing well is not simple, you may like to read this article by Microsoft's Matt Powell.W...

C# web service and web site hosting
I have developed a web service and consuming web site using asp.net 2.0 with visual studio 2005. I was wondering if there's any free web hosts I could host my service and website on?  you can try http://www.discountasp.net/ free for 3 month.Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ hi, My advice is to test and find reliable hosting provider for a good cost - $5 - $20 per month, also many hosting companies provides Money Back Guarantee. RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting You could try AspSpider.net for testing to make sure ever...

Hosting wcf service in iis and authenticating the user with username and password with out using certificates.
I am hosting wcf service in iis 5.1.  A windows service will be consuming this service. I want to pass username and password from windows service to the wcf service, which then the wcf service has to authenticate the user against the sqlserver database using custom membership provider. I don't want to use the certificates. I am using basichttpbinding. When I pass the username and password to the wcf service it does not authenticate againt the database. below is the code and configuration information.  Any help is appreciated. The code that passes the username and id from w...

Web services don't work well in IIS host header websites?
Hi Guys! A weird one: I have migrated a website from an old server to a new one. One of the applications there is an aspx application that work with a web service under the same website. When calling the web service, it needs to authenticate the user (Integrated Windows Authentication) but whenever I am using host header for the web site (say port 80 and 'Intranet') it will not send my credinals and I will get Unauthorized or it will pop up a window asking my for my credinals which are never authenticated. When I am creating a new website with no host headers but a different port number, a...

Getting Error : While hosting WCF service over Window Service
 Hi,I created one window service project in visual studio 2005 and added following filesafter adding dll of system.ServiceModel and system.ServiceProcessnamespace CheckingWcFApplication{    [ServiceContract]    public interface IService    {        [OperationContract]        void ModifyServiceData();    }}namespace CheckingWcFApplication{    public class Service : IService    {        public voi...

web hosting service
Hope this is ok to post here. Friends and I are in need of a reliable affordable webhosting company. Our site will start out very simple. One forum and index page to start. I have read numerous websites on things to watch for in a hosting company but don't know where to start to actually locate one. I found it interesting that one company is listed in top 10 yet doing a search for more information it has many many reports of problems with technical support and security issues. I can understand there will always be problems but not to the degree I found with it. Loo...

Web Service Host
For my latest project which I've been working on I've developed a web service which is references by code in the business layer of an ASP.NET 2.0 application.The web service is being hosted on MACHINE #1 and the ASP.NET application is hosted on my development machine. The VS solution has a project entry for the business layer assembly which includes a web reference to the web service on MACHINE #1.This all works fine :)My question is what changes do I need to make should I wish to move the web service from MACHINE #1 to MACHINE #2? As it stands the assembly containing the business layer woul...

WCF
Hii all, I am a bit new to WCF Services. I have rendered a new WCF service for my intranet application, The code is working fine, and i have made up one Host application which keeps the Service running under one url. I want to know how to host the WCF Service under IIS, because it is very clumsy process to keet the host application running on Server.  Nitin Khubani(n)Code Solutions, Licence Certifying Authority Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733766.aspxfor the basics and http://blogs.msdn.com/amitlale/archive/2007/05/21/hosting-wcf-service-in-iis.aspxfor a much...

Calling remote web services hosted on a different web site

DNS: Mail and Web on same box but need Web service hosted
Hello, I have a mail server and web server on one box, both responding to mydomain.com ... the box is behind BM firewall, and uses NATed addresses. mail.mydomain.com is the mail server, mydomain.com or www.mydomain.com is the web server, and all resolve to the same IP address. I want to push the web server to another server (have it hosted, in fact) and leave the mail server where it is. Can anybody tell me if it is possible to set this up so that mail traffic still goes to "@mydomain.com" and web traffic to the web site, preferably without mail forwarding invol...

Web resources about - IIS Hosting of WCF Service - asp.net.web-hosting

Web hosting service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the ...

Category:Internet hosting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This category is for articles relating to Internet Service Providers hosting services. An ISP connects to its customers using a data transmission ...

Facebook to Users: Hosting a Halloween Party?
Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat, and if you’re hosting a party for Halloween , be sure to use Facebook to get the ...

Parse announces new hosting product less than 2 weeks after Facebook acquisition
Parse, the cloud-based app development platform Facebook agreed to acquire in late April , today announced its latest product: Parse Hosting ...

Web Hosting News (@theWHIR) on Twitter
Web Hosting News Web Hosting News, Magazine, TV, Blogs, Events & Directory. Also follow @NicoleHenderson @Justin_theWHIR @WHIREvents Web Hosting ...

Twitter Blog: Twitter Chooses NTT America Enterprise Hosting Services
Twitter Blog Twitter Chooses NTT America Enterprise Hosting Services 2664157184138140716 Friday, February 01, 2008 We have a stated goal to make ...

PEER 1 Hosting – Making your data center more awesome!
... Joel’s other baby) moved offices, and decided to ditch its internal T1 and look for a colocation provider. Joel was impressed with PEER 1 Hosting’s ...

The Turnbulls take The Lodge, hosting 'housewarming party'
Moving house is stressful at the best of times. But at least Malcolm Turnbull has learned where to make tea The Lodge.

Inside the Alliance Defending Freedom, the 'gay-hate' group hosting Tony Abbott
Critics condemn religious group as reactionary lobby group funded by the super-rich.

Westminster Dog Show 2016: David Frei hosting 27th and final time
AL.com Westminster Dog Show 2016: David Frei hosting 27th and final time AL.com This photo taken Thursday, Feb. 3, 2016, shows David Frei ...