http not showing up in binding with Windows Webserver 2008

I just installed the latest version of Windows Webserver 2008 onto a machine, added the IIS role, and want to add a website. The normal display for "Binding" doesn't show.  I only have the title "binding", with net.tcp, net.pipe,net.msmg, and msmq.formatting showing up in a dropdownlist.  I do not have http or https as an option and  can't select the port, i.p. address, or host header.

 Any ideas?

0
JAYHAWKER
4/25/2009 2:18:51 PM
asp.net.web-hosting 912 articles. 0 followers. Follow

See ww.iis.net for help with IIS configuration.

Jeff

jeff

Crystal report not showing in web in windows server 2003 with CR 2008 using .Net 2.0 framework installed.
we have Crystal Report 2008 Full product  installed in Windows XP professional SP2 and visual studio 2005 in the development system.We are able to see crystal report thru the Crystal Report Viewer in web.   For deployment when we have installed CR 2008 in Windows 2003 server standard edition and it has also .Net 2.0 Framework(no visual studio 2005 installed in it).But not showing  the report thru CR viewer.   Can any one help  that do I need to install anything more in the server.My guess is CR viewer is unable to show the crystal report.Although i...

host window user control to web application in Visual Basic.NET
 Hi to all, i am looking for the methos to create client-side application and host to a web application in Visual Studio 2008 by using Visual Basic.NET. The purpose of doing that is because i wish to using a data gridview (which is allow to reoder the header only in window application) and change any cells correspond to user settings, ie. a button clicked, in web application. I had visited those suggestions such as to create a web user control or using the Silverlight 2; however the former doesn't support header-reorderable gridview and the Silverlight 2 is still not able to ex...

Microsoft Solution for Windows-based Hosting version 3.0 [Windows-based Hosting 2003 Test Web User Interface]
I am getting this error in "Windows-based Hosting 2003 Test Web User Interface". I have ensured that :"Basic Authentication" was turned on as suggested by Mike Kostersitz. What else do I need to look for? Server Error in '/MPSSampleWebClient' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You must pass a SAM account name. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the c...

How to get a Windows Server 2008 to run .NET 3.5 AJAX Web Applications
Hi, i'm kinda new to the .NET 3.5 framework.. I just developed a very simple web app using Visual studio 2008 beta2, choosing ASP.NET Futures AJAX. I then added a Web Reference that i call from a Silverlight control.. So far so good: i test it, and it runs locally.. I also have a Windows Server 2008 DataCenter Release candidate version, on which i used to run an ASP.NET 3.0 Web Application, that worked just fine.. But I can't figure out how to run this .net 3.5 Web App on my server: i tried installing the .NET 3.5 Framework on the server, but i still can only deploy 3.0 applications....

Invoke JavaScript from .Net 2.0 Windows User Control hosted on web page
We are developing a .Net 2.0 Windows User Control that we host within a normal web page in IE7/IE6 using the following syntax:<object id="simpleControl1" classid="http:ControlAssemblyName.dll#ControlNamespace.UserControl1" height="300" width="300" VIEWASTEXT>     <param name="TestParam" value="Simple Windows User Control"></object> We want to be able to invoke JavaScript from within the control, and this has been done previously by us using COM-based ActiveX controls. We are trying the following, and have also made sure we set "FullTrust" runtime secur...

Can I deploy a VS 2008 web project on a windows server running .NET framework 2.0
Is it possible for me to deploy a VS 2005 web-project  on a server running .NET 2.0? We have a vendor developed and supported web based e-learning service and was wondering if I can deploy in-house customization on their server. I have VS2008 and VS2003 development environment. Do not want 2003 and not sure of 2008 ?Thanks  In VS2008 select the Project Properties. Within there you will find an advanced option to specify the Target version, select 2.0 and publish.  That was quick. Thanks Curt.I will try this ...

How to read from a from a i5(iSeries) folder using from a Visual Studio.Net web application without showing the log in window that pops up?
Hello all, I have vb.net web application that needs to read a folder contents from a Directory that is on a i5 system.  when aspnet tries to read from that directory i get this IOExeption:   System.IO.IOException was unhandled by user code  Message="The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you."  Source="mscorlib"  StackTrace:       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)    &n...

Trying to set up new website with Windows Webserver 2008, can't find HTTP, and thus can enter i.p. address, port, etc.
I have just configured a new server with Windows Server 2008.  The latest updates are installed.  After clicking "Add Website" using IIS, when it comes to entering the information for Binding, in the "type" dropdownlist, I only see " net.tcp, net.pipe, net.msmq, msmq.formatting.  I don't see HTTP, or HTTPS, and I have no way of entering an I.P. address, Port, etc.  I have tried enabling all of the options in the "add remove options" for IIS, and I still don't see HTTP or HTTPs.  Any ideas? Please read all pages of this a...

firefox beta can not run it's windows media player plug in in this site: http://irantvradio.com/- This site has gathered a host of web sites which provide TV programs in farsi language. prevously ther
Name: Behnam Email: behnambehrooziatyhaoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: firefox beta can not run it's windows media player plug in in this site: http://irantvradio.com/- This site has gathered a host of web sites which provide TV programs in farsi language. prevously ther was no problem with it. Comments: fire fox is great I love it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b6) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b6 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you m...

MS 2607712 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 not showing
I need some help. I received an email notification that new vulnerabilities have arrived and available on the Novell ZPM Server for MS 2607712 for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 R2. In my ZPM console, I see MS 2607712 for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 being downloaded but not for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. The ZPM server is at version 6.4.2.1592; the server was patched with 6.4 SP2 Update 4 and the agents with the Native Scan Content Enhancement. Any suggestions on how to get the patch for Windows Server 2008 R2 to download...

VS 2008 publishing problem to Windows Web Server 2008
I have a VS 2008 (c#) project running on Windows XP. I am trying to publish the application using "Publish Web" wizard to a remote server which is Windows Web Server 2008. Buy the publishing fails every time with following error:---------------- Connecting to http://XX.XXX.XXX.XX/... Unable to create the Web site 'http://XX.XXX.XXX.XX/'. The Web server does not appear to have FrontPage Server Extensions installed. ========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ========== ========== Publish: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ========== ---------------- ...

Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
What is the System Update Readiness Tool? System resources, such as file data, registry data, and even in-memory data, can develop inconsistencies during the lifetime of the operating system. These inconsistencies might be caused by various hardware failures or might be caused by software issues. In some cases, these inconsistencies can affect the Windows servicing store, and they can cause software updates not to work. The System Update Readiness Tool tries to resolve these inconsistencies. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=947821 -- "If U know neither the enemy nor y...

Windows 2008 Hosting
Windows 2008 Hosting is Available Now !! http://www.discountasp.net/sp_windows2008hosting.aspx DiscountASP.NET is 100% focused on providing the best value in Innovative Microsoft Windows Hosting. The Windows 2008 Hosting platform is ideal for developers that want to be on the cutting edge of new technology....

Web resources about - http not showing up in binding with Windows Webserver 2008 - asp.net.web-hosting

Apache webserver updated to ignore Do Not Track settings in IE 10
Developers of Apache, the Internet's most widely used webserver application, have released an update that causes websites to ignore privacy settings ...

Nokia's "Raccoon" project turns cellphones into webservers
It's been no secret that Nokia has been working on a mobile web server, lovingly codenamed project "Raccoon," but now they've taken things one ...

Using an Android as a webserver
In the latest episode of XDA TV [Adam Outler] turned his Android phone into a webserver . At first this might sound comical, but the ever-increasing ...

In Those Obamacare Webservers Crashing, the Sound of Tea Party Doom
... exchange sites saw so much traffic from people interested in signing up for Obamacare that they bogged down... and in the sound of those webservers ...

Using WebGL to Render Kinect Webserver Image Data
... for Windows events and developments and preview the futuristic world of touch-free computing Our 1.8 release includes a sample called WebserverBasics-WPF ...

Über stealthy malware infects Apache webservers
Über stealthy malware corrupts legit webservers

Be the Master of Your Own Domain With a DIY Webserver
You don't have to sift through a storm of cloud services to figure out which is right for you ¿ create your very own web server that does whatever ...

Eggcyte: the webserver you can put in your pocket
The Egg is a webserver; a storage device; a Wi-Fi hotspot; and, maybe, a security service. It puts the "mobile" Internet a reality: it fits in ...

Employee "Disciplined" For Installing Bitcoin Software On Federal Webservers
Fluffeh writes "Around a year ago, a person working for the ABC in Australia with the highest levels of access to systems got caught caught with ...

Apache webserver updated to ignore Do Not Track settings in IE10 -> 0
An Apache webserver update has been released that ignores the 'Do Not Track' privacy setting sent from IE. Patch author and Adobe employee Roy ...