how to get rid of port number in domain name

hi

I have a web site configured on iis. and it was not nesseccery to type the port of the web site when the port was 80. but after installing microsoft sharepoint server it used port 80 so I have changed my website port to 90. then I have to type the port after domain (http://domain:90) and when I dont type the port like (http://domain) then share point will come!!!!

how can I get ride of typing port number? is the some settings in IIS???

regards

0
ashk1860
5/14/2007 11:20:01 AM
asp.net.web-hosting 912 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Any time you use a non-standard port, other than 80, it has to be specified on the URL.  That's the way it works on every web server.  To not have the port number, you have to use host headers or different IP addresses for your sites.  See the forums at www.iis.net for help on those.

Jeff

jeff

How to get Hostname, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name using Query
As we know, normally we connect to a sybase server by just identifying the node name and interfaces file and necessary properties, but currently I want to get Host-name, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name of connected server out after connection created. Does any one how to use query to do so? Does sybase provide such functionality? Seems oracle can do so... If there is no query, does sybase provides any API which can implement this? Thanks! instance name: select @@servername [assumes the DBA has defined a local entry in syservers] db name: select db_name() [can be changed with 'use <database>'] ASE host/IP/port# : no way that I'm aware of unless you make a call out to the OS (eg, a shell script) via the XP server, though the external program/script would need to know which interfaces entry you originally accessed; this info could also be determined on the client side and then passed in with the connection (eg, isql's -H option, or as an initial ACF call as the first command once logged in}; must also take into consideration that there can be several 'query' entries in the interfaces file but you won't necessarily know which one your program used to connect to the ASE instance NOTE: ACF == Application Context Function; see set_appcontext(), get_appcontext() Keith wrote: > As we know, normally we connect to a sybase server by just > identifying the node name and interfaces file an...

Domain Name and web hosting for sales
Name: Betty Email: sharoncaoattodaynicdotcom Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: Domain Name and web hosting for sales Comments: Dear Valued Businessman/BusinessLady, Todaynic.com is one of the first ICANN Accredited Registrars and CNNIC Accredited Domestic Registrars in China. Great amount of domain extensions with low prices and provide VDNS (Virtual Domain Name Server) services of its Secondary Domain Name. 10XGE FDDI directly to ChinaNet to ensure stability and high speed. CyberIP, Anti-spam email, Website DIY,Internet call cards. SCP's auto management(Smart Chan...

Host name Domain Name
When setting up a server I am asked for the Hostname.Domain name. If I want change the domain name at a later time to something else where can I do that? As always, thanks Coy Coy, > When setting up a server I am asked for the Hostname.Domain name. If I > want change the domain name at a later time to something else where can I > do that? The places that come to mind off hand are sys:etc\hosts , sys:etc\hostname , sys:etc\resolv.cfg , and in the DNS certificate. Of course, depending on the other applications installed there will be other locations - eg fo...

Host name and domain name
Hello, I've installed NSBS 6.0 but during the install I didn't know what to enter for Host Name, Domain Name and Name Server. For the Server Name I enrtered my ISP's DNS server IP. For the Host name I entered "pmc.srv" which is my Netware server name and for the domain name I entered "pmc.com". Now when I go to 192.168.0.1 I get the Welcome to Netware 6 page but if I click on "Open iFolder" to goes to http://pmc_srv.pmc.com:52080/index.html and "Cannot display page" comes up. iFolder works through the desktop client but I nee...

Getting rid of old host names in DNS
Hi, I've been running my DNS/DHCP server since NetWare 5.0- it is now on NetWare 6.0. We have DHCP automatically updating DNS in it's primary zone every time it assigns an IP address. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to clean up after itself- if a computer never comes back and asks for an address, its name still populates the DNS zone list. Is there a clean way to delete host names that no longer have an IP address, or is this a just process of just deleting them manually? Thanks, MM In article <cOQrb.3791$Fv1.543@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, ...

Get a free domain name and hosting from Microsoft
The words "free" and "Microsoft" don't often appear in the same sentence, so imagine my surprise at discovering this deal: a free custom domain name, free Web hosting, free e-mail accounts, and more. As you might expect from the name, Microsoft Office Live Basics has a decidedly business focus--but that doesn't mean you can't use it for a personal site. The freebie account includes not only the domain (any available .com, .net, ..org, or .info address), but also site-building tools, reporting tools, project and document managers, 100 e-mail add...

hosting a two web site on single domain with different name
Hi, I want to host two different web site which uses one database on same server space with different name .i mean 1st url should be like this ....www.abc.com and another www.xyz.com. Is this possible or not any alternate way......because both the web site uses approx. 6000 image (same). if I host on different web space the i will have to upload all the image on both web site ....as i am also developing CMS ......... thanks.   If sharing images is your only reason for doing this then why don't you just create an ftp site to house all your images. Both sites could then acces...

how to change the Host Name Domain Name
Due to a poor initial planning I would like to change the Server host Name/Domain Name so I can do a DNS resolve. How can I do that whitout having to reinstall the OS. Thanks SYS:ETC\RESOLV.CFG is the file you need. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Get client IP address [Not Host] in C# .NET web services
I create one web service using c# .net and in this web service I want to get an IP address for client. I check thousend of article but that is not working, let me give you one example System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress; System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"]; This is gives me IP but that my server ip where I put my web service but I want to get my client IP address. Can someone help me with this.http://www.codegroups.com/blog/ You can try: string ip; ip=Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"); if(ip==string.Empty) { ip=Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR"); } REMOTE_ADDR does not always provide the users IP but rather the ISPs' IP address so first test HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR as this one is the real user IP.Mohamed Abb@s------------------------Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post(s) which helps you !...

Getting error when Domain name pointing to dnn folder on 1and1 hosting
   I have sucessfully installed DNN on 1and1 in a subfolder. I can access it and work with DNN via my account address (which is http://s23931543.onlinehome.us/dnn). However, when I point domain.com name to my DNN instalation folder (/dnn) I get the error as below. Here is what I did: 1.I setup up a new parent portal and added portal alieses: domain.com and www.domain.com to that portal. 2.In web control panel of 1and1 I setup domain.com to point to /dnn folder(where my DNN is setup). For some reason error does not show up even though I have custom error&nbs...

How do I get rid of the quoted table names and column names?
I have reversed Engineered an Access 2000 DB File, then changed the Database type from Access 2000 to Oracle 9i. The table and column names all have double quotes around them. Example: create table "Table_59" ( "Column_1" CHAR(10), "Column_2" CHAR(10), "Column_3" CHAR(10), "Column_4" CHAR(10), "Column_5" CHAR(10), "Column_6" CHAR(10) ) / Why did this happen and How do I get rid of the double quotes? Thanks, Troy ...

How to get rid of the table name prefix in column names
Hi, Folks. This is driving me up the wall. I have a pfc application where I log in to an Adaptive Server Anywhere 8 database using the pfc functions. In this app I have a function where I create a datastore, do a retrieve and then loop through the rows fetching the column names as follows: s_name = lower(ds_export.Describe("#" + String(i_col) + ".Name")) This works fine. Now I want to run this function as a standalone program. So I create a simple non-pfc application and copy the code to a new function adding log-in code. This also works fine. Except.... Now here is my problem. When I run the function within the larger pfc app the column names are simply the column names without the table prefix. When I run the standalone program the column names are prefixed with the table name. I.e. table1_col1, table2_col2 etc. Why the difference? Except for the connection the code is identical. I connect as follows: SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.DbParm = "ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT',ConnectString='DSN=winbr oker;DelimitIdentifier=NO;Prompt=0';UID=dba;pwd=sql,DisableBind=1" CONNECT using SQLCA; Am I missing an option? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gerry. And a very merry Christmas and a happy new year to all the Sybase Gurus ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp On Dec 25, 12:53=A0am, "Gerry Wh...

How do I get rid of the quoted table names and column names? #2
I have reversed Engineered an Access 2000 DB File, then changed the Database type from Access 2000 to Oracle 9i. The table and column names all have double quotes around them. Example: create table "Table_59" ( "Column_1" CHAR(10), "Column_2" CHAR(10), "Column_3" CHAR(10), "Column_4" CHAR(10), "Column_5" CHAR(10), "Column_6" CHAR(10) ) / Why did this happen and How do I get rid of the double quotes? Thanks, Troy In the ...

ContextType.Domain gets PrincipalServerDownException unless specify domain controller by name
Hi There Just trying out the new System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement with Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition.  My scenario:  -Client Windows XP joined to domain -One Windows Server 2003 domain controller / IIS  I want to get the full name of the logged in user. This works if I specify the domain controller name. Specifying the domain name (either fully qualified or NETBIOS) does not work. Any suggestions ? Am I doing something wrong here.   My working code is like this:   Dim domainContext As New System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalCo...

450 host not found when using domain name for outbound relay host
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We are getting 450 errors can not connect to host (outbounds5.obsmtp.com) = on the gwia. This is our outbound relay host. If I change the settings = for the GWIA to use the resolved IP address 12.158.34.250, the mail goes = out fine. FYI: This started after we changed ISPs requiring us to change the = external addresses that our firewall translates (NAT). I already tried = updating sys:etc\resolve.cfg to use the new nameservers, reinitialized and = restart...

How to run bugzilla on virtual host with port: bugzilla.domain.com:port?
Hello, I'm in need of some Bugzilla wisdom. I have setup an Apache virtual host to run my Bugzilla installation. Since I have several SSL Virtual hosts running on the same server I have to use ports since Apache does not support multiple SSL virtual hosts. However, when I go into the Bugzilla parameters setup and enter a url with the port into the sslbase field I get a Bugzilla error message complaining that the url must not have a port specified. Why does Bugzilla care about the port? And how can I work around this random limitation? Any ideas woul...

Getting a domain name.
Where would you buy a .com domain name from? On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:18:54 +0000, Arthur wrote: > Where would you buy a .com domain name from? There are a whole lot of choices most of which are good. We have settled on Domain Monger. I use www.networksolutions.com, that way you actually own the domain, you have to be careful with some third party domain registration companies as they register the domain on your behalf. but set themselves up as the owner. So if you want to move things or mange the domain you have to deal with them. and trying to get the ownership becomes a h...

How to host a domain name
 Hi,I would like to know what are the various steps in hosting a domain? Once the domain is hosted, what happens next? When I referred to some web hosting sites, I could see something like transferring domains, registering domains etc..What is all these about? Can someone please help me out in figuring out as to what are the detailed procedures in hosting a domain. I would also like to develop a software which automates the process of buying a domain from an account, checks the hit for that domain for 2 days, and cancel the domain from the software if does not exceed the desired nu...

Getting the domain name
Hello, We have a fairly simple redirect script a url is entered, and even tho there are directions to not enter the "http://www" sometimes we get it or "http://"... what is the simplest method to extract just the domain name if a "http://www.somedomain_name.com" or "http://somedomain_name.com" is enter so we can extract just the "somedomain_name.com" thx's -- Mike<mickalo>Blezien =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Thunder Rain Internet Publishing Providing Internet Solutions that work! http://www.thunder-ra...

Getting the domain name
Hello, We have a fairly simple redirect script a url is entered, and even tho there are directions to not enter the "http://www" sometimes we get it or "http://"... what is the simplest method to extract just the domain name if a "http://www.somedomain_name.com" or "http://somedomain_name.com" is enter so we can extract just the "somedomain_name.com" thx's -- Mike<mickalo>Blezien =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Thunder Rain Internet Publishing Providing Internet Solutions that work! http://www.thunder-...

JSP getting machine name and web app, component gettting package name
Hi! How can I have a JSP get the machine name of the server it is running on? Similiarly, how can the JSP find the name of the WebApplication it is running in? How can a component find out the name of the package it is contained in? Thanks! D In article <58127PGnCHA.329@forums.sybase.com>, daniel@N.0.S.P.A.M.infrontsoftware says... > Hi! > > Similiarly, how can the JSP find the name of the WebApplication it is > running in? Check out getRequestURL in HttpServletRequest API docs. > > How can a component find out the name of the packa...

Get Host Name
I use this line of code to get the host name from a system:  System.Net.IPHostEntry obj = new IPHostEntry(); obj = Dns.GetHostByName(Request.UserHostAddress); String HostName = obj.HostName.ToString(); and this retrieves this Host Name: bea-som.corp.bea.org   However from my client application I call this:  System.Net.Dns.GetHostName() and this retrieves the host name as: bea-som   What changes do I make to either the C# client application or website so that both of them take the same host name ?Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post tha...

host name domain
When I have installed novell 6 , I had to insert the host name domain with relative ip address. This "host name domanin" is into resolv.cfg. Is it correct? BUT what can "host name domain" be used for? This name must correspond at the name of the zone that it must be created to manage hosts? Must be exist a relationship between "host name domanin" and the zones of the DNS? thanks Regards, Monica is@chiavazza.com wrote: > BUT what can "host name domain" be used for? For example, whenever some server-based software asks for ...

Host Name.Domain
I am setting up a new server to add to my network and I need help answering this question. The new server is going to be off site, at a new location. My main server here is UMCHS_SVR1. This is going to be UMCHS_SVR3. During set up (after I put in the IP info), I am being asked for DNS information which I assume will be the Primary and Secondary DNS info for the ISP that is providing Internet Access out at the site. My question is, for host name I assume I'll put in UMCHS_SVR3. Is that correct? What do I put in the domain field? My main server resolves to mail.mycompany.com,...

Web resources about - how to get rid of port number in domain name - asp.net.web-hosting

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Community corrections changes could reduce prisoner number increase
Program is a unique attempt to deflect many serious offenders away from crime by addressing the causal factors that are relevant in each case. ...

Snake catchers say record numbers of tiger snakes, dugites in Perth suburbs
A Perth professional snake catcher says has seen record hauls of dugites and tiger snakes over summer, getting up to 30 callouts a week from ...

Marshmallow barely crawls past 2% adoption in March Android distribution numbers
Last month, Marshmallow finally reached a full percentage point in the Android distribution numbers. In March, helped by numerous OEMs releasing ...

SEC Football by the Numbers: Before the NFL, Peyton Manning was a Tennessee Vol
AL.com SEC Football by the Numbers: Before the NFL, Peyton Manning was a Tennessee Vol AL.com 2 Players in SEC history had averaged at least ...

Shake Shack's expansion by the numbers
The number of Shake Shack restaurants in the world has expanded by a third since the beginning of 2015.

Clinton: 'Try Everything That Works' to Limit the Numbers and Kinds of People 'Who Are Given Access to ...
"I think we have to try everything that works to try to limit the numbers of people and the kinds of people who are given access to firearms," ...

John Kasich Blames Free Trump Media Blitz For His Low Numbers
... first day you announced KASICH: George, I'm not just I'm not look, I'm not just talking about. You know look, you want to look at the numbers? ...

Obama Admin Releases Stunning New Numbers On Gitmo Detainees
Obama Admin Releases Stunning New Numbers On Gitmo Detainees