hosting a two web site on single domain with different name

Hi,

I want to host two different web site which uses one database on same server space with different name .i mean

1st url should be like this ....www.abc.com and

another www.xyz.com.

Is this possible or not any alternate way......because both the web site uses approx. 6000 image (same). if I host on different web space the i will have to upload all the image on both web site ....as i am also developing CMS .........

thanks.

0
santosh
5/29/2008 11:40:55 AM
asp.net.web-hosting 912 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If sharing images is your only reason for doing this then why don't you just create an ftp site to house all your images.

Both sites could then access the common ftp folder.

If everything happens for a reason what is the reason for this error?
0
mpaterson
5/29/2008 1:13:17 PM

santosh.jha.net:
Is this possible

Yes.  For IIS help, see www.iis.net, same login as here.  Though it's not really IIS, or ASP.NET that does this.  You'd want to consult the CMS publisher, plus learn to use DNS.

Jeff

jeff

Calling remote web services hosted on a different web site

How to Upload two .net 2005 web sites in a single domain?
hi,I had created two web application using visual studio .net 2005 siteA siteB, First i publish my two application seperatly in local and ill upload to the server.The problem is , if i upload siteA on the server , the site works correctly, if i upload the siteB  on a subfolder some of the dll is got overwritten in bin folder and the siteA is not  working but siteB is working correctly.any one please help me how  to create a unique dll for each web application If you have a main website, call it http://www.mymain.org, then for your two applications, create two separate subweb...

web pages hosting: not a web site
Hello, Is there something like yahoo Geocities for hosting 3-5 web page for a couple of months. I am not comfortable with the yahoo style php etc. This is for a short term flee market hosted by my child's school. Thanks, raghu  Have a look at BrinksterRegards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Thanks, Will check this out tonight.  The control panel is hard to get around. I never thought this will get so cumbersome. Upon a google search for "free web pages" , I get a bunch of sites, any thoughts on:http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/ http://prohostin...

Multiple Domains hosted on single DNN installation: Does it impact web sites indexing and spidering?
I have one DNN installation on which I am hosting 10 different domains.  Each domain is a parent portal using the alias to point to the domain.  I use host headers in IIS to point to the main DNN root.In reading some of the threads here, I've seen a few that indicate this type of setup may not be optimal for the generating search engine traffic to those individual domains.  Is this true and if so, is there a way around it?I chose DNN because of its rather simple way of creating many feature-rich portals for my websites, so I'm hoping I'm not forced to open a separate hosting a...

How to config Web Site Administration Tool in web hosting 's site?
I 'm uploading my website to Web Hosting site for the first time , Everything went well until i realized that i can't login . The problem is when created login form i use Login and CreateUserWizard tools of asp.net and Web Site Administration Tool to create a database to store registered user in App_Data folder , now i don't know where to change connection string in Web hosting page (there 's no Web Site Administration Tool ), the connection string 's not in web.config file nor any code behind file . So my question is how to config it and also another Web Site Admi...

C# web service and web site hosting
I have developed a web service and consuming web site using asp.net 2.0 with visual studio 2005. I was wondering if there's any free web hosts I could host my service and website on?  you can try http://www.discountasp.net/ free for 3 month.Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ hi, My advice is to test and find reliable hosting provider for a good cost - $5 - $20 per month, also many hosting companies provides Money Back Guarantee. RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting You could try AspSpider.net for testing to make sure ever...

Migrating .Net to a web site host
I can build sites and would like to build a site to sell some stuff online, or at least try my luck at doing so. Got to figure out some way to pay those student loans off... Anyway, here are my questions:  1. Should I use Sessions or something else? 2. Do most web hosts provide Oracle or some other DB to store customer info and product info? 3. Should I store customer purchases or just have the page email me the form? 4. Should I tie to PayPal or use Visa/Mastercard, etc.? 5. How do you migrate the .Net code, etc. to the host site?   I'm sure I have other questions which...

Domain Name and web hosting for sales
Name: Betty Email: sharoncaoattodaynicdotcom Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: Domain Name and web hosting for sales Comments: Dear Valued Businessman/BusinessLady, Todaynic.com is one of the first ICANN Accredited Registrars and CNNIC Accredited Domestic Registrars in China. Great amount of domain extensions with low prices and provide VDNS (Virtual Domain Name Server) services of its Secondary Domain Name. 10XGE FDDI directly to ChinaNet to ensure stability and high speed. CyberIP, Anti-spam email, Website DIY,Internet call cards. SCP's auto management(Smart Chan...

Host name received is not for this web site
Currently my AM running in HA with LB under SP3 IR2. All my applications configured as multi-homed with domain based. Problem is when user request application B, it return application A and sometimes it return "Host name received is not for this web site". What wrong with the setup? -- kkyen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sounds like this? http://tinyurl.com/4vagft -- aaronsayer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ is is quite similar to the case but mine is not on Net...

deploying web matrix web pages to host web server
Hi:I'm new to this forum and also in developing asp .net web pages.  I created web pages using Web Matrix v0.6.812.0 (connecting to an Access backend in the same folder as the web pages). Now I need to upload it to my company's web server (Windows 2000 with IIS and .Net Framework 1.1) so the customer can see them.  My administrator created a virtual site for me on the company's web server and I copied the .aspx, .ascx, .css, .mdb and web.config files to the directory for my virtual site.   When I try to access my default.aspx file on the web server thr...

Web hosting web matrix
Hello, I have a site made in web matrix with Access database . I want to put iti to work (it sells stuff). Is it legal and free to put it on a server and use it on this purpose? Ps: Do you recomend me to choose a web hosting company from my country ? Thanks!!! It's legal, and you should use a host that supports the functions you need.  That may or may not be in your country. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Don't depend on the location choose the host t...

web web web

Visual Web Developer Express
Hi, First of all, I am a newbie to VWDExpress and ASP.NET.  I just downloaded it yesterday.  I tried a search on this first but was unsuccessful.  Could someone point me in the right direction on the following? I uploaded (copied via ftp) the personal web site starter kit to a folder on my Yahoo web hosting account just to see if I could view the web site.  All I get is either source code or xml files.  How do I view the new website?    I tried to enable the Front Page server extensions (right thing to do??) on the Yahoo web account but it did ...

Display a different web site inside a web site
Hi, I have an ASP.NET 2.0 page with a table object. I have a sitemap in one of the cells and I want to click links to other website and display them in anoher table cell if possible. I can get the links to just redirect the entire page to the new URL but I want it in a seperate cell. If this can't be done is there another way to do it. Maybe not using a table or ot using sitemap etc ?? thanks d-man Hi, If you want to show a different website within a page, you can user the Iframe object. I have written an article on this.  Check http://harishmvp.blogspot.com/2005/04/loading-pages...

Web resources about - hosting a two web site on single domain with different name - asp.net.web-hosting

Reince Priebus on Ted Cruz’s eligibility to be president: No comment
The chairman of the Republican Party can’t offer an opinion on whether he thinks the frontrunner in Iowa is eligible to be president? A topic ...

iOS 9.3 comes with multi-user support, but just for schools, Classroom app and Apple School Manager updates ...
Andrew Cunningham / Ars Technica : iOS 9.3 comes with multi-user support, but just for schools, Classroom app and Apple School Manager updates, ...

President Obama Reframes the Gun Debate - The New Yorker
His executive actions, though modest, are an antidote to weary capitulation to the gun lobby.

Big News From Ford: Mystery Car To Be Unveiled At Detroit NAIAS, New FordPass
Ford saved some big news for the Detroit NAIAS: continuous 24/7 FordPass customer engagement platform and Big News From Ford: Mystery Car To ...

Spain's Princess Cristina at court with husband Olympic for tax fraud charges
The 50-year-old Cristina, who faces two counts of tax fraud carrying a maximum prison sentence of eight years, was seen entering the court building ...

#WheresRey? The ‘Star Wars’ Heroine Is Featured In Fewer Toys Than All The New Dudes
The most-recent “Star Wars” Monopoly set did what the villain of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” couldn’t, sidelining Rey, the film’s female protagonist. ...

U.S. Powerball fever grips ticket buyers with prize at $1.4 billion
Americans rushed on Monday to buy tickets for a record $1.4 billion Powerball jackpot, suspending disbelief despite miniscule odds that made ...

FBI Expands Hillary Clinton Investigation to Include Public Corruption
Did Clinton's Secretary of State business "intersect" with that of the Clinton Foundation?

Supreme Court Appears Poised To Hand Major Defeat To Public Employee Unions
The Supreme Court heard oral argument today in a case that has the potential to severely restrict the power of public employee unions to collect ...

2016 BMW 330e plug-in hybrid can travel up to 22 miles in EV mode
Just like Audi and Volvo, BMW intends to electrify most of its mainstream models. Buyers can already purchase the X5 plug-in hybrid, and starting ...