getting 404 error message

Hello,

I'm trying to setup my website (http://www.mm-theory.com) using IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003, but I'm getting the following error message:

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

I don't know why it's saying this. The website is under the directory:

D:\Inetpub\public_websites\mm-theory\wwwroot

which is exactly what I have written under Home Directory, Local Path of the IIS properties for this website.

The home page is home.htm and I have this listed under the Documents tab in IIS.

Can anyone help me?

0
gib65
4/27/2009 8:48:40 PM
asp.net.web-hosting 912 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 Hello, may ur default page is not present

Make sure Default.aspx is present in ur directtory or your default page may different . so check this one.

thnx

Md. Parves Kawser

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
0
rezakawser
4/28/2009 2:37:35 AM

Did you allow ASP.NET as a web service extension?  Provide the proper permissions?

Jeff

jeff

Get message that mozilla has to close. Get booted out of web site. Get message from Mozilla to report problem. Problem reporting will not work. Eventually I delete the report message.
Name: Linnea Hagberg Email: lhagbergatsmithcovedotcom Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: Get message that mozilla has to close. Get booted out of web site. Get message from Mozilla to report problem. Problem reporting will not work. Eventually I delete the report message. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7 ...

I am hosted this site on windows server 2003 and I get an error message?? but I dont get this on my local machine?
here is the error message I am getting:  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks.   The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://misfs/techprograms/Downloads.aspx'. Line 1...<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Downloads.aspx.vb" Inherits... The site is not configured for...

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

Runtime Error : Upload VB.NEt to Web Hosting
 when I tried my vb.net web database on my localhost -->It's ok. But I have got  "Runtime Error" when I uploaded the ASP.net  folder to Web Hosting.I moved everything in my folder (included web.config,Global.asax,...,aspx pages) to the hosting.How can I solve this problem.Thank for helping me hi wincom19 ,The best way is to contact your hosting provider.in ur web.config set <customErrors mode="Off" />This line will show you the runtime error on the webpage u r calling.regardsASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) hi Smiling4Ever thanks for your reply....

Returning a error message from within a .NET web service in C#
Please advise sample code for returning a error message from within a .NET web service in C#? . Thanks. Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" refer the below article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ds492xtk(VS.71).aspx  ThanksSkuPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Hi thuhue, You can throw a SoapException in your webservice and add some information in it and catch the exception in your client . Here is my codes below, hope it is helpful to ...

Getting Error while Using WindowsControlLibrary in Web application in .Net 2005
Hi, I have created a WindowsControlLibrary in .Net 2005 and I am using it in a Web Application using <object> tag. I could load the coltrol and could run the web application perfectly for 3-4 times after that the control is not getting rendered in the web page. And also am getting a javascript error while trying to access any method in control Thanks Pattanaik....

Problem with System.net.webclient , getting error HTTP 404
I have a internal search on my web application.It searchs static content.For dynamic search i have used System.Net.WebClient.But it gives following error when i search any dynamic content. /************************************************************************************************/ The resource cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested URL: /web/way2k/Pages...

getting error message: The debugger is not registered on the web server computer.
 I read this post and nothing there helped:  http://forums.asp.net/p/1238254/2287462.aspx How do i register the debugger?  There is a copy of vs2003 on the production server but I use vs2005 on my comp and was just going to do remote debugging.  If there is any more information that you guys need from me, jsut let me know.  Thanks! If I recall correctly in order to do remote debuggin you need to have a server component installed on the server.  There might be a VS 2005 server piece that you need to install on the production server, but I'm not entire...

Can't get error messages from host server
Hi: I have loaded a website with ASP.net pages to a host server. The pages work fine on my server at home but fail at the host. The error message I get is always the same and tells me that to see the complete error I need to change a config file??? - I have no idea how to do what it suggests (see error message below). I hope someone can guide this new to ASP.net frustrated person. Thanks in advance for any help. Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed re...

Unable to get the project file from the web server
Hello, I had the Commerce kit installed on my machine and working for a while. After uninstalling it using Add and Remove program, I installed it again and now the solution would not open in Visual Studio .net. I get an error saying "Unable to get the project file from the web server" Anyone know what is happening and how I can fix this? Other project that I have on my machine are opening fine. Anyone else have this problem? I cant get it to work, today I re-installed VS.net but am having the same problem. I even tried installing into a different folder but no ...

I get an error message from my web.config file when running my wesite online
Hi, Can you help me, when I run my website online I get this error message: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root director...

Get client IP address [Not Host] in C# .NET web services
I create one web service using c# .net and in this web service I want to get an IP address for client. I check thousend of article but that is not working, let me give you one example System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress; System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"]; This is gives me IP but that my server ip where I put my web service but I want to get my client IP address. Can someone help me with this.http://www.codegroups.com/blog/ You can try: string ip; ip=Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"); i...

IE Web Controls run on my local computer. On my hosting server I get error.
Hello All, I installed IE Web Controls on my computer. It runs OK. I run TabStrip with MultiPage and it runs wonderful. I really love it. I copied the DLL and the *.htc files to the appropriate place on the server. When I try to run my website page (with TabStrip) on my host server, I get the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific ...

How to Trap Error Messages when getting data from a linked Access Table (asp2.net)
Hi, I am developing an excel import tool, where the user imports a set excel sheet and it populates it into the SQL database. Currently the structure is as follows: User selects the Excel Sheet > gets uploaded and called upload.xls > is read through an access.mdb file using a linked table referring to a named reference called Data > shows it on web page (initial check) > imports it to a temp SQL Server Table > shows it on screen, showing only unique records (ones that aren't in the system) > data is imported. It works perfectly well if the us...

Web resources about - getting 404 error message - asp.net.web-hosting

‘Big Short’ to Screen at Brookings Institution
“The Big Short” is taking its case to Washington, D.C., Variety has learned. The comedy about the financial crisis paints a devastating portrait ...

Alabama Probate Judge Faces Conflicting Commands In Same-Sex Marriage Cases
A federal judge refuses to put an order striking down the state's ban on same-sex marriages on hold. Mobile County Probate Judge Don Davis now ...

Costume Designers Guild Nominations: ‘Star Wars’, ‘Cinderella’, ‘Carol’ Make Cut
The Costume Designers Guild has unveiled nominations for its 18th annual CDG Awards , with finalists announced in contemporary, period and fantasy ...

Now You Can Watch The Puppy Bowl in Virtual Reality
Puppy Bowl viewers will all but feel the drool from the dogs competing in this year's showdown on Animal Planet during Super Bowl Sunday. Geico ...

Female Founders: The State Of The Union
Building a tech company from the ground up and having it succeed is an ambitious goal. Doing that as a female founder and CEO is another beast, ...

Libya's Peace Efforts in Tatters After Deadliest Bomb Kills 50
Bloomberg Libya's Peace Efforts in Tatters After Deadliest Bomb Kills 50 Bloomberg Violence in Libya deepened as a bombing at a police training ...

Marvel’s ‘Daredevil’ Season 2 Sets March Premiere On Netflix
Netflix has slotted March 18 for the return of the second season of original series Marvel’s Daredevil . It will be available for streaming at ...

Alabama Chief Justice Says Ban On Same-Sex Marriages Still In Effect
Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore's latest move against marriage equality is "sad & pathetic," Montgomery County Probate Judge Steven Reed tweeted ...

The Latest: Mother of Sandra Bland Says Charges Not Enough
The Latest: Mother says perjury charge not enough for Texas trooper who arrested Sandra Bland

Things to know about the giant Powerball jackpot
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The odds aren't great, but Powerball players across the country will have a shot Saturday night at a record-breaking ...