Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\MH\APP_DATA\Abc.MDF" because the database is read-only.

 I have created one web site having update and editing enabled but while updating i mgetting this error pls help me out

this works in vs 2008 means at localhost and in IIS it gives  error only while updating and inserting data

0
g_gattani
4/28/2009 4:23:13 PM
asp.net.web-hosting 912 articles. 0 followers. Follow

you need to give the mdf file at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mh\app_data\abc.mdf read/write permission to the aspnet user, you can do this by navigating to that location and then right clicking and selecting properties. From there goto security and modify the permissions.

~P

0
PNasser
4/28/2009 5:23:26 PM

I already tried this thing but unfortunately it's not working I m using IIS5.1

0
g_gattani

Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\APP_DATA\TIMETRACKER.MDF" because the database is read-only.
This site is ready to run! No changes are needed. Press CTRL+F5 to run the site.Its not realy. It's definitely clear that this is NOT a 'ready to run' app!It cannot run scripts for a standard install on SQL 2005, but rather depends on SQL Express!?  Very tuff job trying to get this set up. And even harder to find answers to config questions.So far, I have installed/uninstalled the data bases and app 2x, the results are the same on my XP Pro box.  I keep getting an error message from DAL/DataAccess telling me it can't find the 'Issue_Tracker database connection string!! I am cluel...

Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" because the database is read-only.
I'm new to ASP.NET (I normally work with Windows Forms) and have installed the Club Website Starter Kit. I created an Administrators role and a user called "admin". When I run the project locally, everything works as it should - I can log in as admin and I can create new users. I then copied the site to localhost (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot), but when I run the site from localhost, I can't log in (as admin or any other user); instead I get a message that says, "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again." Also, I can't create a new user. When I try, I get the following error: Server ...

Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\LOGIN\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" because the database is read-only.
This is the Error i am getting when i user the login controls in ASP.NET 2.0When i run the same on the visual studios inbuilt web server its run perfectly fine.but when i transfer the files to IIS wwwroot any page which has to do with the LOGIN\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF gives a read-only errorI have checked the permissions and properties and it has all the access on IISI have sql server 2000 and i am also using the SQL server 2005 CTPwhat could be the issue??THANKS I+N ADVANCE A member of the ASP.NET Team posted the solution here: http://forums.asp.net/906004/ShowPost.aspx Darrell Norton, MV...

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" because the database is read-only
Hello, I'm doing some tests with asp.net and all works fine in the development environment (Visual Studio 2005), but as soon i publish my WebSite to my local server the errors come in hundreds. My first problem is about security: i have a login.aspx page with a recoverypassword control. In Visual Studio i can log to the site, put my login name and password and it all goes fine. If i try the recoverypassword control it works fine to: i put my login name, answer the question, and in a few seconds i receive an email with my password. Then i publish the site, i use the 'Publish We...

Failed to update database "C:\LOGIN1\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" because the database is read-only.
Hi Guys I'm able to run my login in visual web developer's debug mode but I'm not able the create a user or login in as a remote user. I'm using visual web developer Membership and roles, Window XP Pro, IIS 5.1. Below is the error. I have read about this error in this forum but i can't get it working. Hope anyone is kind enough to give me a clear step by step on solving this problem. Thanks Sounds like a permissions problem, try this link for a couple of fix's http://www.faqes.com/answer.aspx?q=&p=24 Burl Hi Burl I have just solve thi...

Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\..." because the database is read-only.
Hi there,I am getting a real problem with ASP.NET 2.0, all i am trying to do is run a recovert password (using the login controls) and i got the following error.Does anybody know how to fix this? I have tried the SSEUTIL answer here and it didn't work. http://forums.asp.net/909168/ShowPost.aspxI also ensured that Network Services user has READ/WRITE/EXECUTE premissions on the directory below and that each file isn't read only and also that it inherits ACL from the directory which it seems to do..Bit of strange one this, it isn't created (and i am not using) a beta version of VS 2005 Pro... b...

Failed to update database: "APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" is read-only on host site
There is no problem for me to run the site locally. I've created admin locally using ASP.Net Configuration. I've also deployed it to CrystalTech, there's no problem for me to browse the site as well. But, when I tried to login as admin, error showed as below. Do I need to do something like SSEUTIL command on my local machine first? Can someone help me with this? Thanks a lot!Brian Failed to update database "D:\INETPUB\DOMAINID101357\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" because the database is read-only. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the...

"C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\SLEPCHA\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" because the database is read-only.
i have created a appl and deployed it in IIS .   When i login from the login page i get a error :Server Error in '/slepcha' Application.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\SLEPCHA\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" because the database is read-only. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Failed...

Failed to update database "MyDatabase.MDF" because the database is read-only
Hi, Can any one help me regarding this err "Failed to update database "MyDatabase.MDF" because the database is read-only "? I have encountered this error message when I deployed my website with webparts in the IIS and when i browse the page it display such error.Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET Have you checked the database? You should unset its read only attribute with sql server management studio. Right click on the database, choose properties, choose opti...

Failed to update database: "APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" is read-only on ... Solution
Hi all,From 4 days i am working on this silly problem."Failed to update database: "APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" is read-only on ..."and found  solution in 2 steps    Step 1: Open My Computer from the desktop, and from the Tools menu select Folder Options. Click on the View tab, and scroll to the end of the Advanced Settings box. Near the bottom, you will find an entry named "Use simple file sharing (recommended)". Uncheck this box, and click the OK button. Now when you right-click on a file or folder and select Properties, you will see th...

Database 'C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\HOURSREPORTING\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF' cannot be upgraded because it is read-only or has read-only files. Make the database or files writeable, and rerun recovery.
I have a website that runs on this computer through IIS. It was working fine until I went into it and added a textbox. Now it gives me this: Server Error in '/' Application. Database 'C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\HOURSREPORTING\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF' cannot be upgraded because it is read-only or has read-only files. Make the database or files writeable, and rerun recovery.Cannot open user default database. Login failed.Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please...

Any solution for error message "Could not attach file 'App_Data\Database.mdf' as database 'Database'."?
Hello, I'm trying to connect to Database.mdf from an asp.net file and I get the following error message:    Could not attach file 'App_Data\Database.mdf' as database 'Database'.   CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master' The connection string I use is:    Provider=SQLNCLI;Server=localhost\SQLExpress;AttachDbFilename=App_Data\Database.mdf;Database=Database;Trusted_Connection=Yes Thanks!!!Ornit Hi, that's because your account doesn't have enough priviledge on the database server.Use Sqlserver management studio to add the necesso...

'C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF' cannot be upgraded because it is read-only or has read-only files. Make the database or files writeable, and rerun recovery.
I have developed an app with sql server express 2005 and IIS and when I try to run it on another computer I get the following error message: ASPNETDB.MDF' cannot be upgraded because it is read-only or has read-only files. Make the database or files writeable, and rerun recovery.Cannot open user default database. Login failed.Login failed for user 'IBM\ASPNET'. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks Darren ACLs on the folders, permissions, check to see if SQL Express is installed, etc. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That ...

Seperating between "data" and "web-server" database.
Hello. I created a Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere database file to store Web pages. But my "data" database is on an Oracle Server. In the old NetImpact Dynamo Model Extended Attributes I can choose the "data" database on the database tab and "web-server" database on the web server tab. But in the newPowerDynamo Model Extended Attributes there is no longer a database tab. Is there another way around this? Thanks. I think I can answer this one, but you might have had better luck posting in the powersoft.public.easerver forum. In PowerDynamo ...

Web resources about - Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\MH\APP_DATA\Abc.MDF" because the database is read-only. - asp.net.web-hosting