Error in IIS

Hi y'all, my name is Ryan, I have a question about IIS in my office server.

I have an office server with OS Windows Server 2003. In a time before I put my web application there and it worked fine. But in this recent days, I've noticed that there's something wrong with the IIS, when I click Internet Infprmation Services in administrative tools on my server, the IIS suddenly look like this.

What's wrong with that ? FYI all the web applications that I've been putted it worked fine no complaints, so can you guys tell me what;s wrong with that ?

Best Regards,

Ryan

0
ryanrei
5/4/2009 2:38:56 AM
asp.net.web-hosting 912 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It looks like the IIS manager is not connected to any server use the Action menu item and select Connect, type the name computer (your server name) or localhost and try that.

- William

Give some of my PWSK modules a try.
0
whighfield
5/4/2009 3:47:10 AM

Hi whighfield thanks for the reply, I already tried your suggestions, but it still not working, it only gave me this error messagebox :

"The path specified cannot be used at this time."

Can you guys help me. Thanks

0
ryanrei
5/4/2009 4:10:00 AM

Try re-starting the IIS to check if it goes fine.

Start > Run > iisreset

Hope that helps Yes

Techie (.Net Knowledge at its Best)

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
::: Winston Churchill :::
0
PassHours
5/4/2009 4:29:07 AM

Hi PassHours, thanks for the help it worked I can finally configuring the IIS again thanks dude I appreciate it. Thanks Alot.

Best Regards,

Ryan

0
ryanrei

Runtime Error : Upload VB.NEt to Web Hosting
 when I tried my vb.net web database on my localhost -->It's ok. But I have got  "Runtime Error" when I uploaded the ASP.net  folder to Web Hosting.I moved everything in my folder (included web.config,Global.asax,...,aspx pages) to the hosting.How can I solve this problem.Thank for helping me hi wincom19 ,The best way is to contact your hosting provider.in ur web.config set <customErrors mode="Off" />This line will show you the runtime error on the webpage u r calling.regardsASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) hi Smiling4Ever thanks for your reply....

Web.config errors after uploading to web host
After uploading my ASP.NET app to the web host, I certainly expected some errors (mostly due to the database settings having to be changed). What I was unprepared for was errors with the web.config I have to admit that I don't fully understand how the web.config works or what it does. So I'm not sure as to why I'm getting the errors or how to fix them properly. The problems start on the line: <authentication mode="Windows" /> Being completely clueless, I've tried changing it to: <authentication mode="None" /> .... but still the same err...

Requirements to host a web services on Microsoft IIS web server?
I want to know that is any special component we need to install on Misrosoft IIS web server so it can host web services or there is no need for any additional software/component. Thanks in advance for any reply.  I dont hink so, as usual like normal asp.net app nothing more than that.CheersRam MCP ramana123:I dont hink so, as usual like normal asp.net app nothing more than that.Thanks for reply ...

Web.Config parsing error in Web App Projects with IIS
Has the Schema of the Web.Config changed in Web App Projects?  After converting my 2005 Web Site project to a 2005 WAP, and switching to IIS Web Server, I am getting a number of errors at run time in my web.config files starting with: Unrecognized attribute 'type'.  This error occurs when parsing the web.config file where first highlighted below.  I do not see the referenced type in the GAC (System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsGroup), should it be there?  System.Configuration and System.Configuration.Install is referenced by the project. ...

Production ODBC Error (RDO error and ODBC Trace Log Error provided) between an IIS Web Server on NT to a Sybase System 11 DB on HP/UX
I work for a company called USA Group and we provide Web applications to handle Student Loans. We are currently getting the following error in production: RDO Error: S1C00: [Microsoft][ODBC Cursor Library] Cursor Library not capable ODBC Trace Log: p:{24E3E51D-8AE 112:6c EXIT SQLSetDescFieldW with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR) SQLHDESC 0x00c748fc SQLSMALLINT 1 SQLSMALLINT 1004 <SQL_DESC_OCTET_LENGTH_PTR> SQLPOINTER 0x0164eaac SQLINTEGER 0 DIAG [07009] [INTERSOLV] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] Invalid descriptor index. (0) We have looked at the Sybase Web site and Microsoft&#...

IIS=>Web Sites=>Default Web Site error
Hi, When I double click Web Sites, I got an "Error" within a red octagon symbol that is besides on the left of "Default Web Site". What should I do?   Thanks  Can you right click on the "Default Web Site" and "Properties" and what does it say if so?Please "Mark As Answer" if it answers your question.Software DeveloperASP.NET (C#) That usually means that IIS is specifying a file system folder that doesn't exist. Usually, the Default Web Site points to c:\inetpub\wwwroot. Does this folder exist? If IIS points to a di...

Web References with C# .NET & Visual Web Developer 05 on Vista IIS 7
 Hi Guys, I'm experimenting with Web Services and would like to know how to use a WSDL file that is hosted on another computer. In the C#.NET language In Visual Web Developer I have already added the Web Reference for my project which has been InsuranceCalculation.asmx from a secure site, this in turn returned 3 files:- InsuranceCalculation.disco InsuranceCalculation.discomap InsuranceCalculation.wsdl Part of the wsdl file contains:- <wsdl:definitions xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:tm="http://microsoft.com/wsdl/mime/textM...

Avoiding nasty-looking .Net errors with bad urls, error handling in web.config and global.aspx.vb
It's quite easy to generate nasty looking errors in DNN by eg entering &tabid=rubbish on the url or asking for a file that doesn't exist. Firstly, I'd recommend a custom error page (though not sure what should be in it) and note that you can specify a special page eg for 404 - page not found, which you could make redirect to root, or in my case, I look for page in portal upload directory then redirect to &tabname=404 to allow per-portal custom 404 pages. &lt;customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="/error.htm" > &lt;error st...

Exception while calling .NET web service | System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Hi,   We have written a .NET web service which retrieves an xml file from the database. This web service is SSL secured and requires client certificates for connection.   Problem: The web service is throwing an exception while retrieving large files. It works fine when the file size is around 1 MB, but fails with a file size of around 65 MB with the following exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 38455668). ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: ...

IIS 7 & W2K8
Hi,Appreciate if someone could point to the right answer on how to overcome this error. By clicking the Button3, the ExportedFilePDF.pdf should be copied to the \\presario remote machine. So far, no security issue on the same configuration in IIS6 + W2K3.  Protected Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click        Try            File.Copy("C:\BackOffice\Export\ExportedFilePDF.pdf", "\\presario\FaxServer\Outbox\ExportedFilePDF.pdf&quo...

Error with IIS and Web Matrix
I am going through the tutorials on the asp.net website for Web Matrix. However, when I start the web application, if I choose "Use or create an IIS Virtual Root", then I get a page up with the first bit of text, then nothing. And at the bottom of the screen, it says "Done, but with errors on page." Are my settings wrong with IIS? What could be the problem?David Drees Denver, CO Can you access to the web page through browser by typing the URL directly? It can be used to test the availability of the IIS itself first. Colt hey ddrees i have the same prob...

Errors after deploying to web host
I wrote a simple ASP.NET application using VB.NET, and installed the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll under the /bin directory, having downloaded the IE WebControls from http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=2&tabid=31 and installing per directions in the Readme file. I wanted to use the Treeview control and on my local machine (Win2003 with IIS installed from VS.NET 2003 Enterprise Edition) it works fine. I changed my project properties to "Release" Build instead of "Debug" Build and everything works! Now I wish to upload this to a new directory on my WebHo...

IIS 7 hosting error
Hi all-I'm wondering if you can help me out with this error.  We just moved to IIS 7 and this error started popping up, but I can't seem to find a fix.  I've read some places that it has to do with ViewState which is why I'm posting in this forum.  Any direction is appreciated.  Thanks!  Process information:    Process ID: 3804    Process name: w3wp.exe    Account name: VIAWEBPROD\IUSR_extraspaceException information:    Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException &...

Error while hosting the Services in IIS
Hi,I created WCF services, and when i try to host the same in the IIS, i am facign with this issue.  The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://localhost/service/CategoryServices.svc'. L...<%@ServiceHost language="c#" Debug="true" Service="xxxxxxxxxx.ServiceImplementation.CategoryServices" %>-^ But this service works fine when...

Reliable.NET Web Host?
I realize this is under security, but it's the most relevant place I could find to post this question.  Is anyone using or does anyone know of any super reliable asp.net webhosts?  I need to host an asp.net / MySQL app and Im having real difficulties finding a reliable host, especially one without tons of bad reviews out there on the web. Thank you in advance, Jim Hello, Sometimes bad reviews are published by competitors :) Choose asp.net hosting provider with your requirements and go for it, if you are not happy most of hosting companies provides money back guara...

Web resources about - Error in IIS - asp.net.web-hosting

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

My error: Council announces ambitious target and I believed it
An article published yesterday about councils aiming to procure 1200 megawatts of renewable energy is incorrect. A Melbourne City Council official ...

WA death in custody inquest: Medical errors before Ms Dhu's death
... antibiotics, a West Australian inquest has heard. The symptoms of an ill Aboriginal woman who died in custody were not obvious and the errors ...

Did ISIS just make a huge tactical error with Paris attacks? - PerthNow Search Search
THE world has been shocked by the Paris attacks but could they have revealed a big weakness for Islamic State?

Inside my Centrelink nightmare: myGov 'error' locks new mother out of maternity leave payments
Mother Bec Smith has been trying for months to access Centrelink payments. A &quot;serious error&quot; is preventing her.

"Human error" blamed for U.S. airstrike on Afghan hospital
"This was a tragic, but avoidable accident" says U.S. commander in Afghanistan of deadly U.S.

Gary schools move to correct budget errors
Gary schools move to correct budget errors Chicago Tribune She was succeeded by Michael Washington, who was fired by the school board in April. ...

US general: Human error led to Doctors Without Borders strike
CNN US general: Human error led to Doctors Without Borders strike CNN (CNN) A U.S. airstrike that mistakenly killed 30 people at a Doctors ...

Mysterious ‘snake’ Apple Watch error? Here’s what it means
Seven months after its launch, we appear to be seeing a previously unheard-of Apple Watch error, but we think we’ve figured out what it means. ...

Six Years of Dubious Clinton Foundation Tax Errors Were Just Refiled – Here’s What We Know
Earlier this year on April 23, Reuters published findings of a review it performed on the Clinton Foundation‘s tax filings. It was a splash. ...